• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Saving Streamed Movies - Possible?

jayman_3000

Closed Account
Hi there, Im sure I'm not alone in spending far to much time at myfreepaysite.com, but does anyone know if its possible to save scenes from these types of site (sites that stream movies rather than letting you download them) and if so how?

Cheers
Jayman :ban:

member20672

Closed Account
Hey man no real need for duplicate threads in different sections. Give it time for people to respond. Just be patient. Cheers:glugglug: :hatsoff:

jayman_3000

Closed Account
Sorry dude - I realised id put it in the wrong section but then couldn't work out how to delete the thread before I re-posted it.

Can I delete a thread ive created?

depending on the markup language the server uses, it is possible to save streaming media, but it requires some knowledge of html...provided the site is purely HTML. if the site is php or jsp, or anything along those lines, then it's not possible, since only the server has the source code with the actual video file.

Anyways, all you have to do is open up the source code for the webpage. use the find command, to look for the " <EMBED> </EMBED> " tags. The streaming media player will be inside those tags. examine this part of code until you see something that looks like a file type
EX:<embed> player="Ihatewindowsmeadia" src="http://neverpayforwhatyoucangetforfree.com/this_isnt_legal/oh_well_its_free.mpg</embed>

copy and paste the URL of the movie file and you'll be able to save it if the file runs in windows media. I haven't figured out how to save streamed Quicktime files (.mov) yet. Hope this helps.