• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Don't send him. Rutgers athletics program has been much in the news. Basketball especially.

Im an atheist and dont have a god, so not sure wtf you're talking about?

I didn't say you had a god. I was simply agreeing with your point about prayer as well as adding my understanding of the practice of prayer.

I was always taught you don't pray to him for him to take away your trials but give thanks to him for making you the strong enough person you are to Face them on your own

The problem is that an all powerful being, would never need nor deserve thanks for doing effortless and biased work. He certainly doesn't make millions of dying children strong enough to face their troubles. Just look at Africa and countries constantly bombing the shit outta each other.

just discovered this thread haven't read it all - sorry if I repeat anything previously said.

First off it seems to me its not a question of the existence of a god but the Christian God.
There are other concepts of what god is.
Seems to me the main atheist argument is a criticism of the New Testament from the point of view of the main stream fundamentalist interpretation, and with out a fundamentalist view of God, a reductionist view of nature/the universe appears weak as well.
Most of all both sides of the debate - Reductionist Science Atheist, & Fundamentalist Christian Religion, are pretty much doing the same thing, both have dogmatic catch phrases, both use pathological literal minded logic and both indirectly claim to have a special knowledge on the nature of existence.
If Religion prevents you from having a Spiritual experience, does Atheism prevent you from having a Scientific understanding? I have to say yes.
Its nothing to do with great questions about the nature of the universe but two club houses seeking to win a bitch fight for popularity money and power.
There are a large range of possible positions to take on the question on the existence or nature of God.
Problem is when these questions are asked it forces deep introspection of one's own point of view, and often that view is surrounded with insecurity and fear.
there's a lot more to it than the Us vrs Them bitch fight

We look at the images of these poor and starving people and wonder how they they make through their lives. I've never been their to ask them. Something in them makes them want to propagate the Earth and extend their lineage. They do this knowing their lineage and the plight they lived through. I don't care what they believe in. As long as they feel that their lives are worth living then that's okay with me.
"The poor shouldn't breed"
You sound like some kind of Edwardian Eugenecist.