• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles

MOSCOW - A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

The statement by Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn is the strongest threat that Russia has issued against the plans to put missile defense elements in former Soviet satellite nations.

This should be interesting to keep track of as it unfolds.

Story

They already said this, months ago. Slow news day, I guess, for the Russians to state things they've already said in the past.

Russia is out of its mind. They honestly believe that the rest of the world would be ok with them NUKING Poland because of Surface-to-air missiles sold to Poland (A US ally) by the US? I doubt very much if any other country would see that as an OK plan. This is ridiculous chest pounding by a country trying to regain superpower status.

Russia is just bitter that Poland is no longer under their thumb. I wonder if there are any other territories Russia is pissed about not having absolute control over :D

H

They already said this, months ago. Slow news day, I guess, for the Russians to state things they've already said in the past.
Sorry about that. Yahoo! News tends to report things that happened 2 months ago as if they had just happened. :o

World war 3 here we come. Ill see you all in hell :hatsoff:

I'll be driving the bus there. Want a ride?

World war 3 here we come. Ill see you all in hell :hatsoff:

:1orglaugh

Russia is just taking advantage of the situation at hand. . . the U.S. has its forces spread too thin to do much about their actions other than wave their finger and say "no, no"

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Russia is out of its mind. They honestly believe that the rest of the world would be ok with them NUKING Poland because of Surface-to-air missiles sold to Poland (A US ally) by the US? I doubt very much if any other country would see that as an OK plan. This is ridiculous chest pounding by a country trying to regain superpower status.

Russia is just bitter that Poland is no longer under their thumb. I wonder if there are any other territories Russia is pissed about not having absolute control over :D

H

Yes this has been simmering for some time now. Sounds like Putin and Co. are playing hurry-up to restore the Soviet Union (including all vassal states) as fast as they can. Hell, I almost expect to see Stalin show up at any time now.

I agree it is posturing at this point but this shit is starting to get scary.

:eek:

Well, if Russia really, honestly thinks that nuking another country that has not attacked them is a good idea, I'd like to welcome them to the ass kicking they're about to receive from a whole multitude of nations that will disagree.

I somehow doubt even China would think a glowing Poland is a good move on Russia's part.

Even Iran would probably be thinking "daaaaaaaaamn....."

H

Yeah, why not, saves having to walk.

Im actually loking forward to hell, I dont think its going to be fire and all the other shit, I think its going to be a big party with all the greatest people, because if you think about it, whats the point in sinning if your only going to go to a terrible place, im sure that when Lucifer whispers in peoples ears whilst they sin, hes hoping they carry on because he freing them from worshiping god so that they are more like him, not bowing down and in doing so you are rewarded for it not punished because thats what lucifer wants, to prove to us that there is a better way than bowing down to god,

If you think about it heaven doesnt sound interesting at all, sitting around listening to what god has to say and serving him for ever and ever, who wants that? No one surely!

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

:hatsoff:

"Im on a highway to hell":banger::banger::banger:

Oh FFS.. lets just have WW3 and get it over with...
I'll take my chances with the radioactive fallout and the mutant, flesh-eating bugs.

You obviously haven't read much about hell.

It's meant to be punishment for sin.

At least, according to traditional folklore.

H

You obviously haven't read much about hell.

It's meant to be punishment for sin.

At least, according to traditional folklore.

H

Yeah, and, according to traditional Middle Eastern folklore, if you strap a bomb to your body and blow yourself up in the middle of a supermarket you get 72 virgins. :rolleyes:

I just wonder why we are so hell bent on having these installations in Poland and the Czech republic knowing how much it upsets the Russians.We didn't like it when they put stuff near us in Cuba eithier which almost caused WW3.in fact if you read up on this it took arm twisting by us on both countries to accept these sites,polls in the countries show most people in the country themselves don't want them,but like many places govt's don't always listen to the people.They only would agree if we would also sell/give them miltary aid to defend themselves against what they knew might be a Russian reaction.Plus this whole idea that you can defend against missiles and shoot them down is very dangerous IMO and makes the world more dangerous instead of the reverse.If one side believes the theory known as "MAD" (mutually assured destruction) is now no longer in effect,that makes the use of their nukes more possible I think.That would probably be wrong but military people have made huge mis-calcalutions before.

As you say BB WW3 here we come maybe or at least closer then we were.
But as to meeting somewhere I'm not counting on it lol.:nono:

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
This is hardly a done deal. Poland is NOT overly receptive.

I agree with you here Friday. I don't know why we're so hellbent on installing these missile systems in Europe. It only aggravates the Russian Bear. Poland would be much wiser to "get in bed" with neighboring countries rather than us.

Dubya has done to us what Reagan did to the Commies back in the day. He bankrupted them in an arms race. That was then, this is now. Dubya and the Pubs have basically bankrupted our country. We don't have the resources to be "World Cop" anymore.

What can we do really? Send Marko Ramius out in "Red October" and "Maverik" out in an F-14 and make Putin back down?? Putin probably thinks Dubya might ask the Joint Chiefs is that is feasible!

georges

Staff member

H

Russian's army is no more what it was. Most of its planes, submarines, frigates and tanks have an outdated technology even if they benefited from the latest upgrades. However for what concerns missiles exception made of the shkval, Russia has developed a batch of other advanced missiles which are the brahmos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos, the newly developed rs24 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-24, the ss27 topol m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-27, the ssnx30 bulava http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulava_(missile). Let's not forget the aa-12adder or vympel r77rvvae (Russian denomination) which is has a superior range and better maneuverability than the aim120m amraam-c missiles for what concerns air to air missiles and the aa-11archer or vympel r 73 which is also claimed to be superior to aim9m (for those who know the aim9x entered service in the USAF in 2003). Let's not forget the s300 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-12_Gladiator/Giant. So what concerns the missiles chapter, Russia has not to be ignored. Even tough the Russian army personnel is not as highly qualified as compared to its American counterparts, it can be a serious threat to European countries and former USSR republics.

Facetious

Moderated
I recently said it on another thread :

Taiwan will incur Chinese occupation shortly after the Olympics.

Actually I foresee that Russia and China will begin their global occupation campaign and soon !
"
Georgia ? No big deal it doesn't affect us" . . . then go the Baltics - "Ahh we're getting a little nervous . . ahh who cares . "We sure don't wan t to go to war with the ruskies"

There goes Poland ! . . . .Romania . . . .Slovenia . .

Do you see where this is going ?

I recently said it on another thread :

Taiwan will incur Chinese occupation shortly after the Olympics.

Actually I foresee that Russia and China will begin their global occupation campaign and soon !
"
Georgia ? No big deal it doesn't affect us" . . . then go the Baltics - "Ahh we're getting a little nervous . . ahh who cares . "We sure don't wan t to go to war with the ruskies"

There goes Poland ! . . . .Romania . . . .Slovenia . .

Do you see where this is going ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I wasn't alive for most of the period, but wasn't that the way people thought from the mid-40's to the late-80's/early-90's?

Isn't the point of a missile defense system to ahh... stop nuclear missiles? So basically, Russia is threatening to nuke a defense system designed to stop nukes? Guess they plan on using the non-missile method.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I wasn't alive for most of the period, but wasn't that the way people thought from the mid-40's to the late-80's/early-90's?

Oh yes....very astute observation! This is a rekindling of the old "domino theory" that was always referred to whenever there was communist aggression in a particular area....let's say, for example, Southeast Asia. First, they conquer Vietnam, then Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc would fall like "dominoes". The spread of communism was thought of almost like a virus.

Now, Russia is a democracy (yeah, right) and what has changed? There is a political shift in geographical interest for sure. Back in the 60s, communist expansion seemed to always be entrenched firmly in 3rd world countries.....the aforementioned Southeast Asia but also Latin America (the Cuban connection) and especially Africa (Angola, etc). Now, the emphasis seems to be on former Soviet minion states in addition to diplomatic efforts to befriend anti-USA nations such as Iran. The motivations for such actions appear much more transparent now than they did back then....there were a philosophical arguments to be made for the machinations during the middle part of the 20th century....capitalism vs. communism, democracy vs. totalitarianism, freedom vs. oppression and so forth. Now, they are plainly imperialistic and economic. Problem is, the motivations for US foreign policy are also much more transparent and the goals would seem to be a mirror-image of Russia's ....unless of course you believe administration claims that we are spurred on by the desire to spread freedom and liberty throughout the world by invading sovereign nations who have done nothing to provoke such attacks.

Nice catch, GSB! :thumbsup:

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!

Yeah I'll take a ride, as long as I can bring Nastia Liukin with me!!

I'll be collecting the tickets along the way also!! You got a right hand man G!