• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Russia mulling political asylum for Edward Snowden

Why did this guy run away in the first place?

This whole thing is very strange. It will be interesting to know his motivation for leaking the material. I know there are some in congress that want him charged with treason.

He did it, Edward said, because he believed the U.S. government had "granted itself power it is not entitled to" in the form of a "horrifying" surveillance capability.

"You are not even aware of what is possible. The extent of their capabilities is horrifying," he told The Guardian. "I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded... That is not something I am willing to support or live under."

Sounds like he should be given the congressional medal of honor instead of charged with treason.

If he's a hero, why's he running?

He obviously has broken laws. He must consider himself some sort of martyr in the name of civil liberties. My previous comment was tongue in cheek. But if it turns out that his leaking of this information exposes government abuse he may start to garner support from the American people. This is an issue that transcends political party and ideology.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
He obviously has broken laws. He must consider himself some sort of martyr in the name of civil liberties. My previous comment was tongue in cheek. But if it turns out that his leaking of this information exposes government abuse he may start to garner support from the American people. This is an issue that transcends political party and ideology.

I pretty much take for granted that the government is abusing their power, and have been long before Obama took office. The next president, regardless of party, will inherit it, and won't do anything to stop it, it's our post-9/11 reality.

I pretty much take for granted that the government is abusing their power, and have been long before Obama took office. The next president, regardless of party, will inherit it, and won't do anything to stop it, it's our post-9/11 reality.

You know they say if we don't go on living our normal lives in this free society then "the terrorists have won" but if living in this free society means losing our civil liberties then the terrorists have won in another way. The whole shit sickens me. But yeah, it is our post 9/11 reality.

What's he afraid of?

You're joking, right?

Him coming out might be the only thing that might keep him from "disappearing" in the middle of the night depending on his country he's staying in, and how much the US has influence over that place. In any case there is little chance the US government won't charge him for something, and it will probably involve major charges and prison time.

In my view he did the right thing and is justified in doing so. I don’t know if he did it for altruistic reasons or had some ulterior motive or if he did the right thing for the wrong reasons, but despite what some congressmen are saying he did a service for the people in this country.

xfire

You're joking, right?

No, I'm not joking. Being rhetorical, perhaps, but not joking. BC posted above the guy's obviously broken laws, he's a fugitive. Would you cut any other criminal the same sort of slack?

xfire

Because guys who expose government lies suffer.
See Bradley Manning.
Also, Russia? HA! He'll run away from there...

This guy knew what he was doing was criminal. Maybe Dog the Bounty Hunter will go after him. :rofl:

He did it, Edward said, because he believed the U.S. government had "granted itself power it is not entitled to" in the form of a "horrifying" surveillance capability.

"You are not even aware of what is possible. The extent of their capabilities is horrifying," he told The Guardian. "I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded... That is not something I am willing to support or live under."

And now he is hiding in China. Good choice, bro :picardfacepalm:

No, I'm not joking. Being rhetorical, perhaps, but not joking. BC posted above the guy's obviously broken laws, he's a fugitive. Would you cut any other criminal the same sort of slack?

If the laws one broke were idiotic, immoral and unethical, and/or should be considered unconstitutional, yes I would not only cut the person that broke said laws slack I would probably totally forgive him if that's all that person did.

I follow the majority of laws because I think having them is important for society. I don't blindly follow the law however, especially when they are extremely wrong.