• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ron Paul 2012

Im-bachmann-500x500.jpg
35g02z.jpg

Facetious

Moderated
Quick thought ..

Although I'm a bit weary about the doctor's foreign policy, I believe that the man has tremendous integrity and that he formulates his opinions around a constitutional framework, these two attributes make him an attractive choice for both D & R constituents.
Also, Paul doesn't have a record of involving himself in shifty/flaky dealings, nor does he have a record of associating with shifty/flaky individuals... you know who I'm talkin about. :1orglaugh (this also makes him an attractive choice for president)
Finally, Paul, IMO will be an easy choice for those many pro business, pro family, pro country blue dog type of demos ... more on this later....

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'd have to go with Bachman if it came down to her. That being said, I don't think she or Ron will be there when the votes count. My best guess is, it will come down to Perry/Gingrich, or (God forbid) Romney / ?

That's interesting that you'd pick Michele Bachmann over Ron Paul. Does her lack of (fact based) knowledge on... well, almost everything, not bother you?

I can agree or disagree with Paul on various issues. But at the end of the day, I accept that his positions are usually logical (though maybe not realistic). Bachmann's positions seem much more based on emotion, rather than data, logic or facts. It's very seldom that I can be on the same page with people who rely on emotions, rather than (valid) data, logic or a basic methodology for problem solving. If she's going to continue calling herself a "libertarian" (I assume she just means an economic libertarian, since it doesn't pass the giggle test for her to call herself a social libertarian), it would be nice if she had at least a basic, working knowledge of Supply Side economics. I can teach a learning disabled child to mutter "cut taxes and deregulate". But if they don't know what it entails, I wouldn't want the kid in higher political office (or lower political office, for that matter) either. Though slightly more intelligent, I see Bachmann as just another version of Sarah P@lin... since the real deal isn't/can't/won't run. But IMO, one ideologue, who looks decent in a tight dress, is just like any other.

Just my opinion, but I don't see Bachmann and Palin combined as being intelectually fit enough to carry Ron Paul's water. But like I said, that's just my opinion... based on years of observing Bachmann make a fool of herself on C-SPAN (live and unedited).

DR. B

Closed Account
I plan on voting for Ron Fox, not Ron Paul :/ Just the type of man to be taking charge of our country!!!

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
Ron and Newt are the only two on the republican ticket that could ever get my vote. If that BatShitCrazy cunt or that fucking Mormon get nominated - I'll be forced to vote for Lucifer.

If really dumped the old so tired conservative stance in social issues, he might be viable! but he is catering to the far right now too much.

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
If really dumped the old so tired conservative stance in social issues, he might be viable! but he is catering to the far right now too much.[/QUOT]

Define "far right"?

Because if you're talking about the far religious right, you're way off.

As far as social conservative - that's exactly why he's getting my vote.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I watched this clip yesterday:

While am with him on many points (The cuts that need to come in military spending, lessening the government agencies, ...), he looses me when he goes for social security and medical services.

And Spitzer brings in the crucial point about liberties with ecological issues - the example of the coal energy industry.

Right there, Mr. Paul is not in contact with what is working.

Let the market regulate itself etc... if there is the absolute probability of big companies evading their responsibilities like we know they do, he is not votable.

Sam, you are right, if he would become the number one candidate for the GOP, Abama would have already won the next vote :2 cents:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Daffy Duck could win the Iowa caucuses... it won't really matter when it comes to the nomination. If what I just read is correct, Iowa has only correctly picked the eventual GOP nominee three times since 1976. Nobody really cared about them until Carter won the Democrat caucuses in '76. Just look at the demographics of the state; it doesn't look even a little bit like the nation on whole.

There are certain candidates who MUST do well (Bachmann, Gingrich, Paul - Huntsman might as well lay down in a chalk outline no matter how he does). But if Romney just does OK, he's still the man to beat for the GOP nod. He has money and an organization, which the others do not.