• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Right-Wing Says You'll Die If Health Care Passes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHVDR2yRlFM
1:04

I saw a republican (Steve King) last also talking about how terrible (according to him) the systems are in canada and England,wish I could find a clip he really bashes them bad.

We have canadians and english members here so I would like to ask you if you guys/girls think your systems suck as bad as he said they do?

All the stats say you guys are better off,everyone covered ,1/2 the cost and better overall helath care outcomes(contrary to what the lying republicans say).

The comments at youtube pretty much back that up as well.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I wonder how these fat-cat politicians would feel if they had my health-care program? Ultra-high monthly premiums and lousy coverage. Until or unless these fucks are able to come up with an alternative comprehensive program that makes health care available and affordable to all Americans, all they are doing is whining and pandering to their political base.

As one of the viewers commented on the webpage, that idiot congressman from Texas Louie Gohmert has comprehensive government-paid health care but he doesn't want me to. Go fuck yourself, Mr. Gohmert.....you elitist pig.

its FREE,its not terrible,far from it,
lets say i have an accident at work tomorrow,i get taken to the hospital,its free i dont have to worry how much is in my wallet/purse

I should have found a link that spells out more what the republicans say is so bad about the socialized systems such as in canada and england.

They say the waiting lists and delays for operations and medical treatment are terrible.Now I know they are waits and such but do you hear people really saying that it is a problem very often.

And to minidog I want to say being ruined financially when you get sick in the US is real BIG problem.1/2 of all the bankruptcies in the US are health care related.You get sick ,can't work,they want a lot of money ,bingo your wiped out.:eek:

I should have found a link that spells out more what the republicans say is so bad about the socialized systems such as in canada and england.

They say the waiting lists and delays for operations and medical treatment are terrible.Now I know they are waits and such but do you hear people really saying that it is a problem very often.

And to minidog I want to say being ruined financially when you get sick in the US is real BIG problem.1/2 of all the bankruptcies in the US are health care related.You get sick ,can't work,they want a lot of money ,bingo your wiped out.:eek:

so if you are ill and no money you are bread n butter??(dead)

There certainly are problems with waiting lists & delays. But you have the option to go for private medical care if you're willing to pay for it, with BUPA for example.
There is always room for improvement with the NHS (National Health Service) but to live in a country where you have to pay for your medical treatments!?! It is totally inexcusable & reprehensible that the US doesn't have free healthcare!
WHO rankings for healthcare (2000 seems to be latest one I can find)
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
Commonwealth Fund analysis (2007)
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Con...omparative-Performance-of-American-Healt.aspx

so if you are ill and no money you are bread n butter??(dead)

No you will get treatment if your dying maybe lol ,they just make eveybody with insurance pay more.But even people with insurance get told sometimes certain procedures aren't covered.I remember one woman testifying before congress who had worked at an insurnace company crying when she talked about how her company made her tell someone they would not pay the $500,000 it would cost for the procedure he needed to live,he died without it.

Now maybe some hard choices have to be made sometimes but I just think the idea that someone with a profit motive for themselves is not the best person to be making that decision(for profit insurance companies).

Also the republicans talk about how health care needs to be market based and competetive and that individuals should have to shop for it on their own.Again I don't like the idea that I will be price shopping for a doctor.Who wants the cheapest doctor they can find?

Some things just don't lend themselves to for profit models,health care is one of those.Just like fire and police protection don't.

No you will get treatment if your dying maybe lol ,they just make eveybody with insurance pay more.But even people with insurance get told sometimes certain procedures aren't covered.I remember one woman testifying before congress who had worked at an insurnace company crying when she talked about how her company made her tell someone they would not pay the $500,000 it would cost for the procedure he needed to live,he died without it.

Now maybe some hard choices have to be made sometimes but I just think the idea that someone with a profit motive for themselves is not the best person to be making that decision(for profit insurance companies).

Also the republicans talk about how health care needs to be market based and competetive and that individuals should have to shop for it on their own.Again I don't like the idea that I will be price shopping for a doctor.Who wants the cheapest doctor they can find?

Some things just don't lend themselves to for profit models,health care is one of those.Just like fire and police protection don't.

maybe???
sorry but i'll take the waiting list,you cant put profit on life

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/friday said:
Friday[/URL][/B] on my mind, post: 3471874, member: 44516"]Some things just don't lend themselves to for profit models,health care is one of those.Just like fire and police protection don't.

Bingo! :thumbsup:

I always find it funny that despite how all those conservative/libertarian talking heads always talk about how bad it is in the countries with socialized medicine the people in those countries generally never think it's nearly as bad as they make it out to be, and changing it would be almost unthinkable to them even if they were given a choice.

☼LEGIT☼
Everyone is just going to come here and live off of us if this passes. Were already have enough problems paying for other people.

Illegals will get free health care, free living expensives, free school, and what do I get a slap in the face?

I always find it funny that despite how all those conservative/libertarian talking heads always talk about how bad it is in the countries with socialized medicine the people in those countries generally never think it's nearly as bad as they make it out to be, and changing it would be almost unthinkable to them even if they were given a choice.

First off, whether government-run health care is "good" or "bad" depends on your experience with it... it probably works pretty well for smaller, homogenous European countries. Whether or not that translate to "it will work the same in America" is a bad analogy IMO. The US is a HUGE nation comprised of many different kinds of people, it's never been tried before on that scale, except maybe in the USSR.

Second, it's not "free healthcare" unless you don't pay taxes. There are no free lunches.

Third, why do so-called "liberals" bash anyoe who disagrees with them? I thought they were supposed to be the last bastion of educated, open-minded people in America? :wtf:

Second, it's not "free healthcare" unless you don't pay taxes. There are no free lunches.

Third, why do so-called "liberals" bash anyoe who disagrees with them? I thought they were supposed to be the last bastion of educated, open-minded people in America? :wtf:

I'm not aware that anyone that fairly understands it who calls it "free". Your mail is delivered to your home for "free". Or at least that's what it seems like but the g'ment delivers your mail. Little do people know that per Art. I, Sect. 8 of the US Constitution the g'ment is supposed to provide for Post Offices.

I don't know about your characterization of "bash" but it is hard to take seriously those who are incorrigible and offer no reason on an issue.

If you believe that universal health care isn't something that is either necessary or should even be done, then step aside and let people who are interested in debating the particulars hash it out. But when you interject yourself in a debate where parties are genuinely attempting to find a solution and all you want to do is obstruct under the guise of technical disagreement...you deserve to be called on it IMO.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'm on the fence as to what the best solution to this problem is. But I think one would have to be rather silly to suggest that we can do nothing, and that'll work out OK. So what to do??? :confused:

BTW, for anyone who says that the government can't run an effective healthcare system, could you explain the VA system to me?

I'm on the fence as to what the best solution to this problem is. But I think one would have to be rather silly to suggest that we can do nothing, and that'll work out OK. So what to do??? :confused:

BTW, for anyone who says that the government can't run an effective healthcare system, could you explain the VA system to me?

Well, if one accepts Obama's premise that we must do "something" to keep the price of healthcare down, there is a very simple solution: tort reform. But let's be very honest about this... it's not about costs. Obama's plan per the CBO would cost MORE. In my eyes, it's about expansion of Federal progams and buying votes with taxpayer dollars, pure and simple.

I pose a simple question to the American board members here: When has the Federal Government taken control of anything domestically and improved the situation?

Ugh, the VA healthcare system is an insult to those that served our nation. They deserve so much better.

Just one example: http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/09/veterans_health_care_system_fa.html

Cpl. Jacob Schick: "When you have to deal with the VA (Veterans Affairs) or TRICARE (the federal health insurance program), you feel beaten down," Schick said. "You are a number, and you feel like a number. It's a total, total beat-down."

Well, if one accepts Obama's premise that we must do "something" to keep the price of healthcare down, there is a very simple solution: tort reform. But let's be very honest about this... it's not about costs. Obama's plan per the CBO would cost MORE. In my eyes, it's about expansion of Federal progams and buying votes with taxpayer dollars, pure and simple.

I pose a simple question to the American board members here: When has the Federal Government taken control of anything domestically and improved the situation?

Would things be better regarding infrastructure if all highways were privatised?

Would things be better regarding infrastructure if all highways were privatised?

If you call charging taxpayers up front for the cost (and overruns) then indefinitely tolling the roadway "better"....:dunno:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
to be clear, the right wing is not saying that, one republican is.
Friday your title is like a misleading news headline.
but thats ok, no big deal.
it got my attention.
Many republicans are critical of Obamas and the congresses healthcare plan.
It certainly seems to be a huge, expensive change.
my POV, a junior senator becomes president not based on experience or even past successes but on charisma and smooth talking in a time when public opinion for whatever reasons about the republican party iwere at an all time low.
A huge unprecidented "stimulus" was just let loose and the results so far are at best very little.
So before we allow this person to now completely change the medical system maybe we should first see if the stimulus will really be the success it was promised, then go from there.

Patience Grasshopper