• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Revolution Controller

The more 'traditional' ADD-ON.
understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412.jpg

That is fake.

NintendoRevo said:
That is fake.
yes, that's a fake but from real fact.

it comes from ign
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

Nintendo has not yet released official imagery of what the controller shell might look like. However, we've created a mock-up (above) based on what we know of its functionality. The real controller shell is likely to connect to the free-hand-style pointer in a very similar fashion. Please note that we realize our model is not entirely to scale, but this is the best we could do on short notice.

and here are some real fakes :
revofake1.jpg

revofake2.jpg

I generally prefer small compact controllers, so I don't think I like the add on. Also the trigger guard on the pistol accessory looks too small, although you said that might not be what the actual one looks like.

Being a big gamer, I don't see the anything great about it. Looks more like a pain in the ass to use.

Well, one of the cool things about the controller are its motion-sensing ablities.

The Rev. will detect where you are pointing on the screen (similar to the NES Zapper gun), the angle to the screen, and distance. So moving the remote will translate into gameplay.

Personally, I think this is perhaps the coolest controller ever. I can't wait to get a Rev. of my own.

pitino

are you talking to me?
i'm curious too about how comfortable and useable it will be...

4G63

Closed Account
Well, Nintendo, IMO has always exceeded in ergonomics and gameplay. I excpect the same from Revolution

McRocket

Banned
x4g63x said:
Well, Nintendo, IMO has always exceeded in ergonomics and gameplay. I excpect the same from Revolution

THey may nave succeeded lately. But way back when they had one of the worst controller's ever (imo) with the SNES ones.

Man they were awful.

You guys just cant understand anything. Since the N.E.S. controller, all the controllers are the same. ALL! 20 years all the controllers are the same. The only changes are from Nintendo (rumble tech, wirelles etc). The Revolution controller is extremely unique and revolutionary. For the first time you can really play the game. You are in the game. Just imagine a Legend of Zelda game that all the fights requires from you to really participate on them like trying to hit the "bad" guy or deflect a hit from him. Or imaging a Final Fantasy game when you circle around the controller to create a spell. And these are some examples that i think. And i am just a guy, not a developer. Imaging the possibilitie that creates for the developers....
I said before and i'll tell this again. This is the REVOLUTION that all the serious gamers (and not the stupid "casual" ps generation) waited for more than 15 years, even you like it or not.

4G63

Closed Account
NintendoRevo said:
You guys just cant understand anything. Since the N.E.S. controller, all the controllers are the same. ALL! 20 years all the controllers are the same. The only changes are from Nintendo (rumble tech, wirelles etc). The Revolution controller is extremely unique and revolutionary. For the first time you can really play the game. You are in the game. Just imagine a Legend of Zelda game that all the fights requires from you to really participate on them like trying to hit the "bad" guy or deflect a hit from him. Or imaging a Final Fantasy game when you circle around the controller to create a spell. And these are some examples that i think. And i am just a guy, not a developer. Imaging the possibilitie that creates for the developers....
I said before and i'll tell this again. This is the REVOLUTION that all the serious gamers (and not the stupid "casual" ps generation) waited for more than 15 years, even you like it or not.

I agree with you, but why do you have to be so militant? It's a video game revolution, not a political revolution.

I love my PS1/2, so I'm stupid now.

NintendoRevo said:

*/applauds

Couldn't have said it better myself.

First of all thx rand for the applauds!!!
I know its not political but i am getting very angree with people like eletor cause they just make comments like "looks like shit to me" without read what this controller, without see it in action and without play or even touch it. This guy (if he is a guy and not still a "kid") have the exact beliefs that all the boys from the PlayStation generation have. They are satisfied with a game as long as it has blood, killing and sex. Yeah i played a little the GTA games, but i am sure that people like eletor will actually prefer San Adreas stupidity and violence than the fantastic game called ICO. And i am sure that last Christmas he prefered to buy Need for Speed Underground without even looking the gems named Prince of Persia and Beyond good an evil. Games are made so we can have fun, alone or with friends. I honestly had more fun playing Mario Party (alone, with my girlfriend or my friends) than the stupid "cool" San Andreas. Thats why Nintendo went on another direction.

PS I want to apologize if i said something that annoyed someone.
And x4g63x, you are not an idiot. Sorry if i create that impression. I liked Playstation 1 too. But honestly tell me one, just one game of PS2 that deserves a 10/10 rank. Honestly

Last edited:

McRocket

Banned
NintendoRevo said:

I agree with x4g63x. You make some very interesting points; but it sounds like you need some life experience. No way (imo) this subject should evoke such negativity from someone. There are more important things in the world.

No offense intended.

Trust me i have a life! Everything i say is restricted to the gaming part of my life. Games aren't my life. They are just a part from my life and not my hole life. I am just angree with the beliefs of some people and their "looks like shit" for something they dont even see yet. I am talking for games cause this is a games thread.
Oh and i wasn't offended at all. Its your opinion. Ithink you missunderstand me but even if you believe the same after this post, then its your opinion. You didnt say something bad for me after all!