• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Regional accents in the U.S.?

The other day I was talking to this girl I go to school with and she's from Tennessee.I'm born and raised in Chicago and I go to school here in the city. She told me that my accent was weird and I told her I wasn't aware that I even had an accent. She told me to listen to the way she pronounces Chicago and then hear the way I pronounce it. I realized that I pronounced it as Chi-CAH-go and she pronounced it as Chi-CAW-go. Another word that came up was .com as in Yahoo. com. She pronounced it as Yahoo DOT-COM and I pronounced it as Yahoo-DAHT-CAHM. It then that I realized that I have a Chicago accent and I never really noticed that I had an accent. Here's a good video of a guy explaining the Chicago accent(He goes into it at around 1:14). Is there an accent specific to the city or region you live in?

The other day I was talking to this girl I go to school with and she's from Tennessee.I'm born and raised in Chicago and I go to school here in the city. She told me that my accent was weird and I told her I wasn't aware that I even had an accent. She told me to listen to the way she pronounces Chicago and then hear the way I pronounce it. I realized that I pronounced it as Chi-CAH-go and she pronounced it as Chi-CAW-go. Another word that came up was .com as in Yahoo. com. She pronounced it as Yahoo DOT-COM and I pronounced it as Yahoo-DAHT-CAHM. It then that I realized that I have a Chicago accent and I never really noticed that I had an accent. Here's a good video of a guy explaining the Chicago accent(He goes into it at around 1:14). Is there an accent specific to the city or region you live in?

It's funny how they laughed at him for the way he pronounces Sonic. I also pronounce it SAH-nic. I guess in the Chicago accent the A's and O's are pronounced differently. I think it's one of the more difficult accents to pull of just because it's so subtle.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
All people from Chicago sound like this, right?

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
Around me is the Boston accent, where the r is never pronounced. Car=Cah. Harvard= Hahvad You get the idea.

got a thing for a southern accent. especially a Texan accent. so fucking Sexy. Nice thread Ice!!

French women always get me same for British chicks. Girls just sound so plain here in the U.S

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Around me is the Boston accent, where the r is never pronounced. Car=Cah. Harvard= Hahvad You get the idea.

And don't forget "wicked" is a very prominent adjective used constantly in Boston and around Massachusetts.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
French women always get me same for British chicks. Girls just sound so plain here in the U.S

Its because your used to it.

I'm from upstate NY, we sound nothing like people from NYC or the surrounding area for that matter. We sound exactly like 90% of the people you hear on American television.