• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Recommend a revolver

bahodeme

Closed Account
It's somewhat pointless and limiting. Get a .357 and you can always load .38 in it. .357, 125 gr. hollowponts from a major manufacturer have the best one-shot stopping power.

230 gr. hydra-shoks from Federal also score in the 90th percentile with one shot stops, hence my love for the Model 625 in .45 ACP. I threw in the 610 (if they are still available) because you can alternate between 10mm and .40 S&W. In the event of a necessary reload, you can't go wrong with full-moon clips.

I own a Rossi (now BrazTech) since '96. Never had a issue with it. It's a .357 with a 4" barrel. I've recently purchased Hornady's Critical Defense rounds for it. Have not had a need to use it and hopefully never will. Try different ammo manufacturers to see what works best for your gun as far as accuracy is concern.

georges

Staff member
s&w classics should do the trick for you:
model 27 in 41 magnum
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57779_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

model 27 in 357magnum with 4 inch barrel known back s&w highway patrolman can also shoot the 38+ p ammos
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57779_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

model 29 in 44 magnum known as the dirty harry revolver

The modern 357 smith & wessons models 686 are also recommnded even though more heavier and less pleasant to shoot than the classics in my opinion

s&w 686 mod 357 with 7 rounds
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57769_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

s&w 386 mod 357 with 7 rounds (made of scandium alloy lighter than the 386 made of steel, can also shoot the 38+p rounds)
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57769_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

georges

Staff member
cap%20gun.jpg

Even if I do have concerns about your capacity to understand how it works...

You have never understood the 2nd amendment and the right to bears arms and you never will

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
My boy's Python .357 (I might get this from him):

View attachment 274065

:ak47:

Beautiful. I hope your son knows how much that gun is really worth.

I used to have an S&W 586, with a 4" barrel, and Pachmyer grips. I also had it Magnaported, which was a significant feature when you shot the higher powered .357 mag. loads. I sold it to a good friend many years ago, and we have an understanding, that if he ever wants to sell the gun, I get first option, and if it's passed on to his son, he knows who to come to if HE wants to sell it.

I just took a friend from work, shopping for his first firearm yesterday. He choose to go with a semi auto for his first weapon. He bought a Springfield Armoury XD model, in .40 S&W,. I'm not a fan of DAO, or Strike fire pistols, but this gun was VERY comfortable, and I'm kinda looking forward to trying it...maybe I'll change my mind about that little split trigger thing, and get over it, and buy one.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Beautiful. I hope your son knows how much that gun is really worth.

I used to have an S&W 586, with a 4" barrel, and Pachmyer grips. I also had it Magnaported, which was a significant feature when you shot the higher powered .357 mag. loads. I sold it to a good friend many years ago, and we have an understanding, that if he ever wants to sell the gun, I get first option, and if it's passed on to his son, he knows who to come to if HE wants to sell it.

I just took a friend from work, shopping for his first firearm yesterday. He choose to go with a semi auto for his first weapon. He bought a Springfield Armoury XD model, in .40 S&W,. I'm not a fan of DAO, or Strike fire pistols, but this gun was VERY comfortable, and I'm kinda looking forward to trying it...maybe I'll change my mind about that little split trigger thing, and get over it, and buy one.

$1,400 or so. It's out of my price range. He's go a .45 and a .9 though that I might get off him. The 9 millie is a sweet Hungarian made FEG with extended 30 round clip. I am going to skip the revolver and grab one of those off him.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
$1,400 or so. It's out of my price range. He's go a .45 and a .9 though that I might get off him. The 9 millie is a sweet Hungarian made FEG with extended 30 round clip. I am going to skip the revolver and grab one of those off him.

I'm not really hip to .9mm, but they are fun to shoot. I was thinking in today's market, about $11/1200 at the higher end...just because everything is down, and it's not like it's one of the ones the government wants to keep you from having. Four years ago, I would say you could get that 1400 all day...it looks really clean from the picture.

I'm not really hip to .9mm, but they are fun to shoot. I was thinking in today's market, about $11/1200 at the higher end...just because everything is down, and it's not like it's one of the ones the government wants to keep you from having. Four years ago, I would say you could get that 1400 all day...it looks really clean from the picture.

The FEG is pretty sexy though, and it looks just evil with the 30 rd clip in it. I figure it would be nice to get it with the clip before the communists on Capital Hill get their wish and ban it - although he has like four of those clips already though as his cousin is a Federal firearms dealer. We're going to go to the range soon too and I'll get to work it a bit.

The nicer thing about the 9MM versus say his .45 is the rounds are a bit cheaper, which is very nice. It's also a legendary firearm as well.