• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rancher didn't violate "migrants'" rights

Facetious

Moderated
Jury: Rancher didn't violate migrants' rights

TUCSON, Ariz. — A federal jury found Tuesday that a southern Arizona rancher didn't violate the civil rights of a group of illegal immigrants who claimed that he detained them at gunpoint in 2004.

The eight-member civil jury also found Roger Barnett wasn't liable on claims of battery and false imprisonment.

But the jury did find him liable on four claims of assault and four claims of infliction of emotional distress and ordered Barnett to pay $77,804 in damages — $60,000 of which were punitive.

Barnett declined to comment afterward, but one of his attorneys, David Hardy, said the plaintiffs lost on the bulk of their claims and that Barnett has a good basis for appeal on the two counts on which he lost.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6267717.html

but they still manage to mooch seventy eight grand from the guy

F'en parasitic loosers ! These guys know exactly what they're doing, it's in their playbook to overthrow overwhelm America via the usage of "our" courts.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Apparently there is some justice in the U.S. after all. I keep going back to www.honorfirst.comand their forum to see if there are any updates on that story. God bless that guy for standing up for himself.

but they still manage to mooch seventy eight grand from the guy

F'en parasitic loosers ! These guys know exactly what they're doing, it's in their playbook to overthrow overwhelm America via the usage of "our" courts.

Hmm.
thinking-020.gif

So what do we do with that assault decision? Conviction?
thinking-020.gif
Do we just sweep that under the carpet?

Is their anyway ol' Hoss ends up in jail for a spell? It would be humorous if Sheriff Joe Arpaio got to play warden to ol' Hoss the Rancher.

Or, better yet, maybe that $70k will be enough money to cause this dirtbag rancher to sell his ranch or maybe be foreclosed on?:thefinger

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
A federal jury found Tuesday that a southern Arizona rancher didn't violate the civil rights of a group of illegal immigrants who claimed that he detained them at gunpoint in 2004.

Good for him. ;)

But the jury did find him liable on four claims of assault and four claims of infliction of emotional distress and ordered Barnett to pay $77,804 in damages — $60,000 of which were punitive.

That's not right. They are not citizens and all those in the jury must be deported to Mexico. If they will take them.

Is their anyway ol' Hoss ends up in jail for a spell?

Or, better yet, maybe that $70k will be enough money to cause this dirtbag rancher to sell his ranch or maybe be foreclosed on?:thefinger

He should be in prison and lose his ranch, for defending himself and his property? :nono:

You're going to Mexico with the jury. :hatsoff:

He should be in prison and lose his ranch, for defending himself and his property? :nono:

Was he under attack? I didn't catch that in the writeup. Threatening unarmed people with a dog and guns is not an act of defense. Maybe these people were simply lost.

This Rancher is a bully and if this 70k punch in the nose makes him think twice before acting like a jackass, then it's money well spent.

Unfortunately it will probably only escalate the situation....

I'm in favor of "eminent domaining" the Rancher out of the situation completely. He's proved he can't handle himself.

Immigration overhaul should be comprehensive and fair and not simply pointed at Mexicans.

☼LEGIT☼
Stories like this make you wonder how long will America stand? Hopefully the court system falls before America does so we can fix it. I'm pretty sure if 100 grand is missing from your property you'd be pissed to. He probably got sick of people cutting his fences and allowing his animals to escape if he had any.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
He's not a "bully" and has every right to use force when people are on his property. They are not citizens they are entering a country illegally.

If they were found in any other country they would be shot by the military of that country. Try illegally immigrating to Russia or China. ;)

I'm in favor of "eminent domaining" the Rancher out of the situation completely. He's proved he can't handle himself.

That is Unconstitutional. :hatsoff:

I think the price was a little high, but the verdict seems fair. didn't I tell you? I knew that they didn't have a case against him- on legal grounds, not on jingoistic nonsense, and the charges that they did stick are a clear indicator that was the message.

It doesn't matter what a jury says, unless they say what you want to hear? so much for upholding the US constitution.

Isn't it funny how the "love it or leave it" crowd harsh on illegal immigrants, but they don't have any problem when it comes to violating US laws to fit their own political agendas?

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I'm glad he wasn't convicted of holding those illegal Mexicans at gunpoint. I think it's total bullshit that he has to pay for defending his own land. I hope he doesn't fork over a single cent.

Facetious

Moderated
Was he under attack? I didn't catch that in the writeup. Threatening unarmed people with a dog and guns is not an act of defense. Maybe these people were simply lost.

This Rancher is a bully and if this 70k punch in the nose makes him think twice before acting like a jackass, then it's money well spent.

Cops often approach their suspects much in the same way that Mr. Burnett
did the intruders. You don't know that a suspect or intruder is unarmed upon initial engagement, it takes a bit of follow up, doesn't it ? If anything Mr. Burnett was the one who was intimidated and traumatized.

I would expect the exact same reception that the illegal migrants claimed that they received if I were ditching it across private property, particularly when illegally entering another nation.
FYI - The Mexican government, on their southern border, is well known to use summary execution when the same crimes are committed against their country.
Oh, I know, ''we have to rise to a higher standard''. :rolleyes:
More limpwrist - lefty - think

I sense that you believe that Mr. Burnett is a republican since he's a "rancher" just like geo. bush :1orglaugh. devil's advo ->Only a meany, greedy republican would hoard as much land for himself as Mr. Burnett. The thing that really seals the deal that Mr. Burnett is a republican ( lol :p ! ) is that he would actually have the audacity to defend his property rights against foreign unknowns !

Heck ! maybe he's a democrat ! There's more wealthy democrats than republicans these days.

What's new under the sun, communist sympathizers want absolute government control of everything.

Warning - That government supplied ass wipe is said to be reeeeal rough stuff ! :^O

Immigration overhaul should be comprehensive and fair and not simply pointed at Mexicans.
Anything that has "comprehensive" in it is bull puckey.

You're a good sport, TR :hatsoff:

How many thousands of dollars were payed by the u.s. taxpayers to defend these illegal assholes ohh i mean immigrants..Mr.burnett should arrange a meeting to pay them open the suitcase put it on the ground light it on fire and piss on it then simply tell them welcome to america motherfuckers!!!! Sorry if i offended any of you fucking idiot liberals who still for some reason stick up for these people.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Rod I'm giving you a rain check on rep. I'll do it tomorrow. That was obscenity performed at its highest standard. Well done! You too, Violator but to a lesser degree.

As someone who was born and raised in Mexico and legally emigrated to the U.S. I do feel that illegal immigration is giving us legal Hispanic immigrants a bad name, sort of what the mafia does for the law abiding Italian American community. Trespassing into someone's property is a crime, misdemeanor probably not sure what the statute is in Arizona so the guy had the right to put a stop to that. I'm guessing that's not the first time illegal immigrants went into his ranch. I mean, when was the last time a "gringo" entered Mexico illegally and trespassed into someone's ranch? What do you think would happen to that gringo? Most likely he'd be sharing a 12 x 12 urine-smelling cell with about 10 guys that look like that "machete" guy.

My question about illegal immigration is, do politicians think that they can buy the vote of the Hispanic community who is here legally by promising to be more lenient on illegal immigrants? Why? Do they think we look like we're illegal immigrants? Are they promising amnesty because they think all Hispanics are here illegally? That could be considered a racist stereotype.

At this rate the next thing you know the government will want people to feed criminals snacks and give them a back massage before the police come just so they don't get sued half their life saving for hurting the feelings of the criminals the next time somebody is found breaking the law by bashing into their house in the middle of the night.

As someone who was born and raised in Mexico and legally emigrated to the U.S. I do feel that illegal immigration is giving us legal Hispanic immigrants a bad name, sort of what the mafia does for the law abiding Italian American community. Trespassing into someone's property is a crime, misdemeanor probably not sure what the statute is in Arizona so the guy had the right to put a stop to that. I'm guessing that's not the first time illegal immigrants went into his ranch. I mean, when was the last time a "gringo" entered Mexico illegally and trespassed into someone's ranch? What do you think would happen to that gringo? Most likely he'd be sharing a 12 x 12 urine-smelling cell with about 10 guys that look like that "machete" guy.

My question about illegal immigration is, do politicians think that they can buy the vote of the Hispanic community who is here legally by promising to be more lenient on illegal immigrants? Why? Do they think we look like we're illegal immigrants? Are they promising amnesty because they think all Hispanics are here illegally? That could be considered a racist stereotype.

It's good to know that a supporting opinion for this guys rights is coming from a Hispanic. Here is the article from the time the rancher was charged: http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/ He's been protecting his (and our) land for 10 years. I agree though, if a white person such as myself trespassed onto a Hispanic's ranch in Mexico, I'd be in a small cell with several [dozen] other people. Or worse.

I'd answer your questions about illegal immigration, but being white I don't feel I'm qualified to answer them, seems you directed them more towards Hispanics themselves. I do wonder why we would be more lenient on illegals though, seems the opposite of what we should be doing :dunno:
Politics are just a nasty, dirty game... Fuck 'em. This is why I try to ignore politics as much as possible.

Philbert

Banned

No...not a stereotype.
If you are a legal immigrant, and you want your brother or mother to be here, the harsher laws would make it harder for that to happen. If you have family here illegally and they get nailed, you get angry.
If there are 1 million illegals here for years and years, I.D.s enable them (with Acorn's help) to vote and they sure ain't gonna vote for a law enforcment supporter when it come to the illegal invasion.
I love Messican folks, per se, and have a little girl who's 1/4 on her Mom's side.
I knew Granny before she passed, she came here legally, worked super hard and raised her son American; my ex was born and raised here, and they are completely American. Granny learned as much American as she could at her age...I really respected and loved her, person to person. My ex has Mexican roots, has a degree in Spanish Lit, and my baby has been to Mexico to visit the relatives.
I have a serious dislike for the tide of country bumpkins who are flooding the country, bringing Mexico with them. Neglected children, no desire to be Americans, no respect for the procedures in place.
You made a good point, one the silly lip-liberals don't get...legals dislike the illegal horde; welfare cheats and Spanish only run down neighborhoods, the whole embarassing cheap labor/emergency room med care thing, no insurance when they have a DL...
I wouldn't want to be unfairly associated with them by ethnic similarity...the US is an immigrant based country, and these illegals aren't what we need.:2 cents:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
As someone who was born and raised in Mexico and legally emigrated to the U.S. I do feel that illegal immigration is giving us legal Hispanic immigrants a bad name

That's true.

In fact, most of the people that are protecting our borders from illegal immigrants are originally from Mexico. Ironic, huh?