• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rage Against The Machine Reunion!

They're back? Rage Against the Audioslave!

I gave my 18 year old cousin a DVD of Rage's last concert for Christmas and he says to me, "Ah, they're ok." Damn kid.

Im a big fan of Rage, I have all of their songs. Listened to them all many times over. I'm glad to see this is happening. I'd like to go, it would be fun.

To say Audioslave sounds more like Soundgarden is kinda silly. Theres several songs done by Audioslave that resemble a few of Rage's songs. For example the intro in Hypnotize is pretty much the same as the intro in Wake up. A little bit reversed in the notes, and the verses are pretty much the same, just slower and different scales in Hypnotize. Theres a couple more songs, but I don't renmember the Audioslave ones. Essentially, the band kept their style (cuz thats all they know) and slowed it down a little bit.

Take a Rage fan, any level, and play a bit of a song from Audioslave with no lyrics in it, and they'll tell you it sounds like Rage's style. And you can't go wrong with Tom Morellos insane guitar palying.

But anyway, I was pleased to see the news. I hope something forms from the concert, but I doubt much will happen because of Zach.

Rage won't be the last mainstream radical political band. :)

Fox

why not? they were pretty much the first. I think that is really the only reason that they were tolerated, because there wasn't any others, and because publicists probably viewed it as an "angle" like the whole sex pistols anarchy thing. I just get the feeling that sony records didn't really take them seriously, like them saying "hey, guys this whole anti-capitalist thing is great stuff, it's really going to tap into the teen angst and youth rebellion market trend."

plus the 90's was a different time in the political climate. people were starting to do new things in terms of activism and at first it was embraced when all the greedy yuppie Gen X assholes remembered how the hippie movement was cashed in on, but then when people actually started to get shit done the government came down hard. then after 9/11 and the whole big brother bill you just can't get away with anything that's bad for business these days, let alone get public support and press time.

I hope this reunion is more than just a one-time deal. I would love to have the chance to see Rage Against the Machine in concert. I became a fan shortly before they broke up, so I never had the opportunity to see them live.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
The thing that worries me, is if they do decide to release an album, it better be fucking amazing. If not, they will always be known as one of those bands that "was good, but then got shit".

As much as I'd love the possibility of a new album and an extended tour (featuring shows I'd actually be able to go to!), I'm not so sure it'll happen. I think Morello's gonna be busy. This is taken from the Audioslave site.

The Nightwatchman Debut Album
Tom Morello's debut solo album as The Nightwatchman "One Man Revolution" - produced by Brendan O-Brien - will be released April 24th by Epic Records. "One Man Revolution" features thirteen songs, with Tom on acoustic guitar and singing lead vocals for the first time ever. All songs were written by Morello. Tom has presided over a Tuesday night Nightwatchman residency in LA since November at Hotel Cafe, which has featured many of his musical cohorts including Serj Tankian, Perry Farrell, Shooter Jennings, Nuno Bettencourt, Sen-Dog from Cypress Hill, Jill Sobule, Boots Riley of The Coup, Alexi Murdoch, Jon Foreman from Switchfoot and others. Upcoming guests include Ben Harper and Butch Walker. The Nightwatchman will be touring extensively this spring, including a date at SXSW in March.

Of course, he could always tour alone in the spring, and then Rage could start doing stuff in the summer. Actually, come to think of it, that's probably what'll happen.

Side note: On the Rage vs. Soundgarden vs. Audioslave issue that people keep bringing up... well I love all three.

Why won't they be the last?

Because my band will be the next ;) at least that is the way I have it planned. We sing music like Keane and Coldplay and U2, but our message is infused with the anti capitalist, equality-for-all message of Rage Against The Machine.

Well,I hate to break it to ya Oh Great One but I wouldn't be going on about being like U2 and Coldplay seeing as they both suck.

yeah, you got me on lennon. but I haven't heard of MSP.

Dont forget about Rush. They were a mainstream political band. Don't beleive me? Look at the lyrics to The Trees.

I would be going on about being like them. They can play sold out shows in half the countries in the world to 100,000 people... that's the kind of audience I want :) and besides, that's the music I love, that's the music I play, I'm proud of it, I couldn't care less who doesn't like it - lots of people do. :thumbsup: "oh great one" :thefinger

Oh so you're looking to cater to the 30-40 year old soccer mom demographic and their gay sons? That makes sense I guess. They'll be the perfect audience for your political agenda or whatever the hell you wanna call it.

Any audience that wants to listen, my friend. Aimed at anyone that likes the sound. Besides, don't you think their gay sons are kinda cute (although the soccer moms are cuter). I think a lot of homophobes have crushes on boys, what's your opinion on that?

To all soccer moms and their gay sons: We just this morning added three new demos from the forthcoming 31 track album to my Myspace music player. Changing History, The Only Way, and the new louder "Way Back Home". Check them out.
www.myspace.com/**********

No I don't think their gay sons are kind of cute. You might 'cause you certainly seem to be into everything else under the sun.

RATM are one of the most important and influential bands ever to have existed and ever will exist in my opinion,they gave a voice to people who didnt have a voice and werent afraid to talk/sing about subjects some peole wouldnt go near.For that reason I think the world needs more bands/people like RATM and Zach DeLa Rocha

To all the people who doubted it:

They are doing more than one show. :D

But the real question is will they record new material.And by the way,that show in Austin wasn't really a reunion because Zack wasn't there to reunite with the rest of the band.

S

sputnikgirl

Rally 'round the family, with a pocket full of shells. At least it's better than another Audioslave album.