• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rage Against The Machine Reunion!

I keep thinking of velvet revolver.. damn these cross over bands...

ok. did they finally realize that Audio Slave (thanks article!) sounded exactly like sound garden and that they should get back thier old singer?

can't say that I approve of all the ernesto guevera and communist stuff, but they did a lot of good things and they proved that a band could be mainstream and still be (radical) political. their musical stylings are a little too mixed for my taste (I like rap, metal and reggae, but I just don't think they generally sound good together) and often imitated for the much worse.

on an interesting note a few years ago I found an old ass cd from like 1990 at a dollar store that had RATM, sound garden, and bad brains on it, as well as a bunch of other bands that never became famous.

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
I doubt they would do an album together. But I'm glad their gettin together for that concert. Hope some1 youtubes it.

yeah i doubt an album will be in the works as much as that would sell so much, i think zack de la rocha isn't going to want to do it anymore and where would that leave audioslave fans that don't care about rage?

did anyone ever doubt this would happen? even though i dont care for them(they have a few songs i like) i do recognize rage as one of the more important bands of an era. they were too big to keep down. as far as an album, it will happen sooner than later.:2 cents:

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Audioslave sounded like Soundgarden? I have to disagree with that.

Audioslave is much more soulful and melodic, there was nothing grunge about them. Which as most would know, Soundgarden was one of the bands that helped define the grunge sound along with AIC/Nirvana/Pearl jam.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Audioslave sounded like Soundgarden? I have to disagree with that.

though i dont like soundgarden one but and dont care for audioslave, i do fully agree with you here. the only similarity is obviously the voice but the style of voice changed. the music was quite different. id much rather listen to audioslave if i was forced between the 2.

Call me weird but Soundgarden was more of my thing than Rage, although I loved Rage's two first records.

Obviously Rage are back together since Audioslave aren't touring this time and Chris Cornell wanted to do another solo record.

Where in the world is Kim Thayil ?

dave_rhino

Closed Account
yeah i doubt an album will be in the works as much as that would sell so much, i think zack de la rocha isn't going to want to do it anymore and where would that leave audioslave fans that don't care about rage?

The reason they are doing the reunion is because Zacks solo project has fallen apart. Without any project going, he's very likely to want to get back with Rage just to keep himself in the music business.

I think an album is very likely.

And Audioslave fans who don't care about Rage? Theres only a couple of them, i'm sure they will be fine. :1orglaugh

And Audioslave fans who don't care about Rage? Theres only a couple of them, i'm sure they will be fine. :1orglaugh

Well, I'm one of them. I liked Rage's instrumentals, but I couldn't stand that rapping shit in the vocals.

Call me weird but Soundgarden was more of my thing than Rage...

...Where in the world is Kim Thayil ?

I'm with you 100% there. I'd love to see a Soundgarden reunion. Couldn't care less about a Rage one. I just hope this doesn't bring about the end of Audioslave down the road.

I like all three bands.:dunno:but then again I listen too just about anything. except rap, hate that noise.

member987

Closed Account
I'm in favor of a Rage reunion and a Soundgarden reunion - they should perform at the same venue, with an Audioslave performance. Now that would be a show!

I think Audioslave will survive in the long run. Just some side projects, and props to the bands that fulfill the fans in the process :thumbsup:

I'm in favor of a Rage reunion and a Soundgarden reunion - they should perform at the same venue, with an Audioslave performance. Now that would be a show!

That would be something. I think that would tire the hell out of the Audioslave components though.:1orglaugh

member987

Closed Account
Cornell is not a screamer, so he could handle the vocals for both Soundgarden and Audioslave.

Only dreaming of course, but it would be one hell of a show...

I'm a big fan of Rage,and I hope they get back together. I liked Audioslave's first album but the last one didn't really do much for me.I think I personally would be more exited about a Soundgarden reunion.

Rage Against the Machine, a band that tries to sell itself on it's anti-establishment nature while it's all brought to you by the contract they made with Sony. Ironic isn't it?

I think Audioslave will survive in the long run. Just some side projects, and props to the bands that fulfill the fans in the process :thumbsup:

I like all three bands.:dunno:but then again I listen too just about anything. except rap, hate that noise.

I'm with you both. :thumbsup: