• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

R rated video games

what do you as a person outside of the internet, think about R rated games being allowed in the hands of kids or young adults under 18?

Phil77

Banned
Don't you mean "M" rated??

They are more violent than sexual, and being that BMX XXX bombed I doubt video games will ever become sexually explicit. Its not for the VG industry.

I don't have an issue with young kids buying them as long as they understand its not real and just a game. I personally would not let my child play those games. Especially games like Max Payne, Mortal Kombat, and Grand Theft Auto.

But I am also a game nut, so I love those kinda games.

i dont know about where you live but around here you have to be 18 to buy m rated games, and they actually enforce it. but that shouldnt even have to be a law. it is all the parents fault plain and simple. if a parent sees their kid playing a violent game or watching a violent movie turn it off and take it way. do your job as a parent. dont attack the industry because your kid has you pussy whipped and you cant disipline them properly.

if a parent teaches their kid the difference between right and wrong it wont matter what they play. i have been watching R rated movies and playing whatever i want since i was about 11 or 12 and i am no more violent than the next person because my parents did their job.

I read a review of the original GTA that summed it up perfectly:

"Children should not be playing this game. But adults definitely should."

cigorp

Banned
Mr. Bojangles said:
i dont know about where you live but around here you have to be 18 to buy m rated games, and they actually enforce it. but that shouldnt even have to be a law. it is all the parents fault plain and simple. if a parent sees their kid playing a violent game or watching a violent movie turn it off and take it way. do your job as a parent. dont attack the industry because your kid has you pussy whipped and you cant disipline them properly.

if a parent teaches their kid the difference between right and wrong it wont matter what they play. i have been watching R rated movies and playing whatever i want since i was about 11 or 12 and i am no more violent than the next person because my parents did their job.

Speaking of kids who are pussy whiping there parents. Those moms on the maury show and other shows like that are reatrds. seorisly if i did anyone of those things my parents would beat me down to the ground. (i stay out of big trouble) so it never happend to me.

Odd as it may sound, I'd me more warry of letting my children see violence than sex/nudity. I don't know why, but I just think excessive violence would warp a kid more than seeing something that's both the source of life and supposed to be an expression of love/affection.

MightyKrendall said:
Odd as it may sound, I'd me more warry of letting my children see violence than sex/nudity. I don't know why, but I just think excessive violence would warp a kid more than seeing something that's both the source of life and supposed to be an expression of love/affection.

I agree.

When I was a kid, my dad didn't mind if my little brother and I saw naked women on TV. He didn't care if we heard swearing. The only thing he didn't want us watching was scary stuff that was going to keep us awake at night... because if we were too scared to get to sleep, that was his problem.

ESPN has been running a series of segments during sportscenter all week. The topic: Video games, from the making, to who plays them.

Today a mother sat and watched, as her nine year old son played MLB Slugfest. The mother was shocked to learn that players in the game punched and fought with each other. She said things like....

"I've never really watched him play these games before. I can't beleve that they can throw punches and hit each other."

She went on, making her self sound like a real great parent.

Anyway, the main reason this is sports related and on sportscenter, is because games like Slugfest are offical products of Major League Baseball. The bottomline is: Are game's like these ok for children to play, and is it ok that the MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL give companies the right to use their players likenesses in non-simulated fashion.

They had this Harvard guy tring to bad mouth games. You know the same old same old.

In closing: If you think your kid is to young to play video games or can't grasp the concept of "not real". Than maybe you should leave television to raising them. Or even better, maybe just maybe you could take an interest in what you child does in his/her spare time.