• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

R.I. P Don Cornelius. This one's for you! xo

NikkiNova

Official Checked Star Member
R.I.P. Don Cornelius. You were such a HUGE part of my childhood. Thank you and you will never be forgotten! xo

For those who grew up in The U.S. (especially those of you around in the 70's and early 80's) I can guarantee you Soul Train and the smooth, deep voice of Don Cornelius came through on your TV many many time. I used to love watching the Soul Train dancers and the dance line was the BEST.

This is such a sad day for American pop culture/soul/funk/music/entertainment history.

This one's for you Don!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVoKjbzEh3c&feature=related

Attachments

• soul_train_9.jpg
    soul_train_9.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 147

bahodeme

Closed Account
Wishing you Love, Peace & Soul, Don!

RIP

Don Cornelius, creator of Soul Train, found dead in apparent suicide after 'gunshot wound to the head'

* Aretha Franklin said: 'It is a huge and momentous loss'
* Worked with Michael Jackson, James Brown and Patti LaBelle

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suicide-gunshot-wound-head.html#ixzz1lAC1NqK1

Troubled: Don Cornelius (with his ex-wife Viktoria Chapman-Cornelius) was found at his home in Sherman Oaks, California after apparently committing suicide

Groovy: Mr Cornelius, created the American institution Soul Train which ran from the Seventies for 35 years

NikkiNova

NikkiNova

...and another.
Aw shit yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkleiqrWji0

I am honoring him today by dancing my ass off to video clip after video clip, song after song. Make fun of me if you want. I can't think of a better way to honor him and quite frankly to have fun in the process.

Fact- Soul Train was long before MTV and the longest running sundicated show in America

Never heard of him. :dunno:

However, RIP.

NikkiNova

I LOVE that black and white pic. Awesomenessssss..

RIP

Don Cornelius, creator of Soul Train, found dead in apparent suicide after 'gunshot wound to the head'

* Aretha Franklin said: 'It is a huge and momentous loss'
* Worked with Michael Jackson, James Brown and Patti LaBelle

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suicide-gunshot-wound-head.html#ixzz1lAC1NqK1

Troubled: Don Cornelius (with his ex-wife Viktoria Chapman-Cornelius) was found at his home in Sherman Oaks, California after apparently committing suicide

Groovy: Mr Cornelius, created the American institution Soul Train which ran from the Seventies for 35 years

Here in San Francisco, my Saturday mornings started with Mr.Cornelius' Soul Train on TV. When it first aired, it made a significant impact on television programming and was far hipper than American Bandstand. The music was great and the many of who were "cutting the rug" were truly moving to the beat.
Thank you Mr. Cornelius for all the good times. RIP.

NikkiNova

I remember this guy down the street in the neighborhood I grew up in had an afro. Here's the thing though. He was white and he permed it over and over and over until it was an official afro that he could stick a pick in as he strutted through the hood. Ahhh the 70's.

...and what a glorious afro it was...:cool:

NikkiNova

I wasn't being a smart ass. I was honestly asking where you are from ...as in....what country?
I mean I'm sure it wasn't as big of a deal elsewhere.

lol, I know this comes as a surprise but, I never ever watched Soul Train.

NikkiNova

right on and agreed. A friend of mine put it so perfectly
I thought I would share it
" Don Cornelius and Soul Train were such a huge part of the screenplay and soundtrack to my childhood"

"
Here in San Francisco, my Saturday mornings started with Mr.Cornelius' Soul Train on TV. When it first aired, it made a significant impact on television programming and was far hipper than American Bandstand. The music was great and the many of who were "cutting the rug" were truly moving to the beat.
Thank you Mr. Cornelius for all the good times. RIP.