• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

R.E.M. calls it quits

REM is done! Oh my god, what will I-

Wait, no, I don't really give a fuck. This would have been big news in 97 to their fans.

It's only a big deal when a band breaks up in their prime. :2 cents:

REM had a prime?? Well, I guess there was that period of time when I couldn't escape "This one goes out to the one I love" on the radio.

Back when I used to listen to the radio.

How old are you? If you were very young in 1983 they were seminal and unlike any other band. If you discovered them in 1992, you were mainstream. If 2006 they were just a old band you didnt get into, that is fine.

If you loved college rock or post-punk they were the U.S. answer to so many questions on how mainstream music at that time was uncreative, boring or just didnt matter!

R.E.M. is the tent pole in my music life since I was 15, sounds corny and it may be.

If you dont get it is fine, they will be fawned over 30X more over the next year since they broke up, shame they are so much better than that and more worth while than web press. They broke up on their own terms and have a great legacy. There last few albums lacked, but they never gave up their craft. Many bands try so hard to hit their pinicle, REM just was who they were.

'Nevermind' might be the most important album for many, since the 90's are now back in style and the album more relevant in some areas. But in 1983 Murmur is a far more influeital album by far.

I Never got into grunge or you didnt get some other music or R.E.M.

All good and off my soap box!

:)
I was "very young in 1983" & they were shit. :dislike:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It would be nice to see you grow....a brain.

I do. I am not a liberal that doesn't practice waht he preaches. ;)

My my it seems to me that you're the one getting pissy, 'Mega. I simply asked you not to assume to know what I thought and you start dropping f-bombs on me? Classy.