• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

PS3 advice

So I just received a 40gb PS3 from my friend. Just wondering what are the best games available for a PS3. Any mods or hacks that can be done to this machine? Any advice before I officially get sucked into this thing?

Call of duty 4
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Formula 1
Grand theft auto 4 (released at end of the month)

If you get them games you will have the social life of, well you wont have one to be onest!

The top two really set the standard for FPS

You should also buy a HD television, no point owning a next gen console without next gen technology

Also if there is a women in your life, just get rid of her, this will take over your life.

Heavenly Sword is an awesome game, same with Assassins Creed, theres a first person shooter thats called Haze thats coming out, it looks amazing.

I plan on getting a PS3 next month. Is the 40 gig enough space to save games until the PS4, or do I need to wait until the 80 gig Metal Gear Solid bundle?

Also, that chick from Heavenly Sword is hot

Uncharted Drakes fortune - must buy
COD4 - must buy
Motorstorm (get it cheap now)
Gran Turismo
Resistance Fall Of man (get it cheap now) as a last option

Rainbow six 2 is average after COD4, the graphics are average and the online is pathetic, just rent this one.

If you wait just a few weeks you will have Haze, GTA4 , Battlefield Bad Company.

Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Burnout Paradise
Condemned 2
Warhawk
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

All great games that I own and can vouch for.

Along with what other people have said, also try out Army of Two if you can get it for $30 or under. Great game, just not worth $60.

The 40gig version is a great starter. If you need more HD space look at upgrading with a new HD. There are tuts out there for upgrading. Totally legal and doesn't void the warranty. I upgraded my 40 to a 120.

resistance fall of man. the games been out for a while but its one of the most popular online games. seriously millions go online for this game everyday

ah man shoulda got an xbox 360....

I have a Xbox 360 too. loved Halo series, but the darn thing locks up all the time, on many games. :mad: Tried just about everything too...

GO PS3! Bluray and still great games!

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Metal Gear Solid 4 is kickass.. and if you're like me then you can replay it over and over again having fun in all the different ways you can beat each stage. Do I want to try and go thru the game pure stealth? Tranquilize everyone? Just run thru using pistols only?

But if replay isnt your gig, then 50 or 60 bucks isnt cheap for a game that you can beat relatively quick after your first try. The game is half cinematics, but you can skip them all so it's not annoying to keep replaying and in fact, you earn money to unlock weapons.. stealth/invisible camo.. etc etc.

Grand theft auto 4. Slower paced than the rest of the series. The cars dont go from zero to 100 miles an hour in two seconds, the missions take place all over liberty city and you'll find yourself actually using public transportation in a meaningful way. But the game can blow by just like San Andreas or Vice City did. Sure you can do all the side missions to get 100% completion.. call all yer friends to play pool or whatever.. get six stars wanted level and see if you can shake the whole city's police force.. but only for so long. Still, I'd recommend buying GTA4 over MGS4 because the game can be random in a good way often. WATCH WHEN YER CROSSING THE STREET!!

Other than that, assassin's creed gets old fast.
Resistance Fall of Man? Alright, sure. I'd prefer 'ghost recon advanced warfare 2' or 'The Darkness' myself.

Lego Indiana Jones isnt bad. GRID is nice. Lost : Via Domus was over in 2 seconds but I love the TV show so it was worth the 12 bucks to get it. Dark Sector sucks, IMO.

And dont forget that BluRay movies are friggin' awesome. Perfect sound, excellent picture. High price tag, tho. :(

SO RENT 'EM! Same price for a DVD or a BluRay at BlockBuster Video. ;)

Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear 4
Resistance Fall of Man
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet an Clank Future Tools of Destruction

40 gb is good but it is not backwards compatible I think and 80 is. I have a 60 GB it has perfect backwards compatibility(play ps2 and ps1 games) but on the 80 GB you have to download a patch or something for certain games , I might be wrong.

Namreg

Banned
... but if you want to play crappy-looking PS1/2 games on an HDTV, then why not buy a PS1/2? i have no problem with the lack of backwards compatibility, if it makes my machine cheaper then that's fine with me :)

namreg if you have both the 360 and ps3 buy the games that are on both systems for the 360 my good buddy online with xbox live, works for infinity ward,he did all the character models. anyway, he wont touch the ps3 version . same with gtaiv you cant play online real well with it. ps3 might be free online but you get what ya pay for

Namreg

Banned
BS. neither MS nor sony will actually provide servers for the games, all online play is through the consoles themselves, so the quality of play is different for each title as it is up to the developer to code thing properly. if infinity ward did a crappy job on the PS3 then i won't buy their games... GT5P and metal gear work quite well online.