• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Problems, bugs, errors, etc with the new board - report here

i think this is related to my issue. i used to go to advanced search and put in my username, it showed me every thread i ever posted in, now it only shows individual posts, and not all of them either. how can i fix that? i don't remember the name of every thread i was following...

First, if this advanced search is the same as the previous version, it only shows your last 500 posts. Since you only have 477, it is showing all of them, for now, but once you go over 500, it only shows the last 500.

Second, your problem sounds like the Shows Results as: and Posts was checked and saved, so try switching it back and re-saving.

Third, try the link below. This will show you all the threads you are subscribed to.

http://board.freeones.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I had trouble posting a picture using the image icon, actually an animated gif.
I tried a few but none worked.
It always worked before.
Little help please.....

freeones_ssm

FreeOnes Team Member
Just additional info: I have just found out that the "Top" button works fine in Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1, but still not in Internet Explorer 9.

I'm trying to reproduce this problem, but it works fine in my IE9. If you press F12 you'll get a developer toolbar in the bottom of your browser. For both Browser Mode and Document Mode, does it say anything other than IE9?

Also, which operating system do you use?

freeones_ssm

FreeOnes Team Member
when a thread says page (insert low number) of (insert real high number)and there are a lot of pages ie over 1000 it will continue to a secon line and the squares with the page numbers overlap, this needs to be tidied up

I fixed this, could take a little while for everyone to see it though :).

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Allrighty, here we go for a reply-a-thon:

On the advanced search page, there's an option to save preferences, but it doesn't work. For example, I tick posts, select titles and then sort by date, but it reverts back to the default when I do another search.

This is in FireFox 3.5.

Thanks.

It's working for me. Do you have java and flash enabled? I'm not 100% sure which it runs on, but it's one or the other.

I'm having issues with pictures loading prior to an admin approving them. It used to work prior to the update but now it doesn't. I can't help zee noobz identifies dere ladies without da links. Ya heard? Maybe you just "fixed" this with the update, but maybe I am wrong. :dunno:

It's fixed. You should be able to follow the links now for attachments that are waiting for approval.

Trying to edit my Sig. Can see option to edit Bio / location /Interests etc but not for sig?

Go to settings (not profile), scroll down and click on the signature link.

The edit Function won't work. It keeps saying your post has to be longer than 3 characters

We know about this. It has to do with a non-standard character being in your post. If tomorrow's update doesn't fix it, then we're going to have to start working on a fix ourselves w/o vbulletin's help.

When you hit reply to thread or reply with quotes it should go straight to advanced comment, like it used to.

Not quick reply. :facepalm:

We know about this. Hopefully tomorrow's update fixes it. If not, it'll be entered as a bug to be fixed eventually.

:dunno:

Also the Tag search doesn't seem to work correctly. When I clicked a tag in the advanced search it used to list all threads with this tag in descending order from newest last post. Now it doesn't do this anymore. It shows me the threads in some other order.

I've absolutely no idea what logic the tag search is following now. When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Please add "previous thread / next thread" links to the top of each thread, like it used to be.

It's at the bottom of the page now and I highly doubt we'll be putting it back on the top since it's a template change. Unlike the last version of vbulletin, template changes break everytime we update. ;-\

Real message:

This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 36 seconds..

IE7

Hoping this gets fixed with tomorrow's update.

i replied earlier this morning in the games section. just went back in now and the whole games & stuff section is Wack-a-do!

spammers. we got tons of spam sign-ups and it'll take a week or three to work them out of the system.

when i look at my latest rep given out, the title of the whole thread that i repped a member in is visible

but when i look at the latest rep received the title of the thread in witch the rep was given out is not in full it ends up with ... half way through the title

for example

rep given out

Problems, bugs, errors, etc with the new board - report here

rep received

Problems, bugs, errors...

why is this? it needs to be fixed

Because the view for rep given out is a plugin vs. the rep received being something built into the actual software. So on person made more characters for the thread titles in the plugin but vbulletin decided to limit it in this version.

freeones_ssm

FreeOnes Team Member
When typing in the text box for a new post (either quick reply or advanced), words are wrapping to the next line oddly. Instead of grabbing the whole word and doing a carriage return of it to the next line, it just wraps the letters mid-word. So, for example, if you're writing the word "enough" and reach the end of the line before the word is finished, "enou" will appear at the end of one line and "gh" will appear at the beginning of the next. However, it seems to be cleaning it up when it actually posts the text. Odd and rather annoying.

Fixed.

The logon password remains in clear text instead of *****

Could you please tell me which browser and operating system? I can't seem to reproduce the bug.

The tab key doesn't move the focus around the page anymore, i used to love just pressing the tab key 2x when replying, i'm a keyboard power user using chrome v15

I'm afraid this is beyond our powers as it's part of vBulletin, but as Petra said you can use alt-x to go advanced or alt-s to send your post

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Hi.
MP here.
Has anybody else had problems posting pictures ?
BlueBoy.jpg

I attached this using the image icon as normal, but every other pic I tried to post said , "invalid url", including the same one a second time.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Another test try.
I'm gonna try to post a pic again using the image icon.
michael-jackson-as-blue-boy-john-entrekin.jpg

Ok now it worked.
I'll try one more.......
nope, wouldnt do it, invalid url.
maybe theres a one pic limit?

Perilypos

Retired Moderator
I'm trying to reproduce this problem, but it works fine in my IE9. If you press F12 you'll get a developer toolbar in the bottom of your browser. For both Browser Mode and Document Mode, does it say anything other than IE9?

Also, which operating system do you use?
Thank you very much for the reply. :hatsoff:

It says "Browser Mode: IE9, Document Mode: IE9 standards".

The operating system I use is "Windows 7 Home Premium".

I have just checked the "Top" button in both browsers and the problem remains the same. :dunno: But as I said, it's just a minor problem and I have no intention to complain.

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member
Are photos being scaled. I added a hotlink to pics on my server. the pic size was 1600 but they appear on the page as maybe 600 to 800? If I download it it is obviously still 1600. How do I make it appear full size on the thread. Firefox 7.0.1

Miss Hybrid

Petra dont known if this is a bug or what, but my rep that appears on the Settings is 93126832 and the rep that appears on my post is other :confused: Thanks

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
One modestly annoying thing is no longer being able to preview as a member pictures waiting for moderators ok to be posted. Could always do that before. Now adivsed that the link is invalid. Will this be changed back or no?

Just found previous mentions of this.
Sorry for wasted post.