• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Penn on Glenn Beck's Tea Party At the Alamo

Teabaggers "drawing a line in the sand" at the Alamo - the same Alamo that was only defended by white people, according to The Texas Board Of Retardation :1orglaugh

Irony, you've got to love it :)

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
For those who weren't able to watch the clip because they were in another country area (As I was):

I feel afraid about your country's state. There is a storm coming, if those lunatics don't cool it and get a bit rational again.

I'm a huge fan of Penn & Teller, especially their Bullshit show. I tend to agree with them a lot and I agree with Penn on almost everything he said there. However, I don't think all drugs should be legalized, maybe just pot. I think most drugs are just too dangerous to be legal.

By the way, forgive my lack of knowledge of politics and it's figures, but is Glenn Beck the same guy that had that rally in St. Louis that Tony LaRussa and Albert Pujols were at that most Cubs and Reds fans were bashing them for? Or was that someone else?

I'm a huge fan of Penn & Teller, especially their Bullshit show. I tend to agree with them a lot and I agree with Penn on almost everything he said there. However, I don't think all drugs should be legalized, maybe just pot. I think most drugs are just too dangerous to be legal.

By the way, forgive my lack of knowledge of politics and it's figures, but is Glenn Beck the same guy that had that rally in St. Louis that Tony LaRussa and Albert Pujols were at that most Cubs and Reds fans were bashing them for? Or was that someone else?

Prohibition is far more harmful than decriminalizing and legalizing all drugs

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Same rally, wrong city. It was held at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. And yes, same guy.

Glenn Beck is libertarian so it wouldn't be correct to call him a a genuine conservative.

Glenn Beck is libertarian so it wouldn't be correct to call him a a genuine conservative.

:nono: his ACT is libertarian. Who in the heck knows what he really is (if he still exists in any way separate from his act).

Can someone explain why anyone would care what Penn thinks about politics?

:nono: his ACT is libertarian. Who in the heck knows what he really is (if he still exists in any way separate from his act).

No one does. Just as most people don't give a shit when a celebrity gets in front of a camera and starts yapping about politics or some current event.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

Glenn Beck is an ardent Mormon. You can't be a faithful Mormon and be a libertarian. In fact, I'd argue that you cannot be a fundamentalist (insert religious preference here) and be a libertarian. Sorry, just does not compute, whims.

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave

Or John Stewart or Steve Colbare. These people are comedians amirite.

Glenn Beck is an ardent Mormon. You can't be a faithful Mormon and be a libertarian. In fact, I'd argue that you cannot be a fundamentalist (insert religious preference here) and be a libertarian. Sorry, just does not compute, whims.

I am just going by what I read not too long ago when I came across an article mentioning him and being libertarian.

He's a mormon? By title only or actual living up to what a mormon is? Either way, libertarians in the end just want self-responsibility for the people, limited government, and fiscal responsibility as long as you can afford what you buy; socially, they do not really care what people do in their private lives or with one another as long as it is not harming or can harm others. Of course this is not me saying it is what they are ALL about. I am simply generalizing and making an otherwise wall of text as pithy as I can.

What's the difference between a republican and a libertarian?

Libertarians smoke weed. :hatsoff:

Watch Colbert's congress hearing, though. There is a moment when he comes out of character. It made me respect him more, actually.

Yes, I believe you're referring to the answer he gave to the question about why he decided to take up that particular cause over any other. If so then you're absolutely right it was an excellent answer.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Glenn Beck likes to dress up as his mother, then stab women to death in the shower.

It's good to see a genuine Conservative as Penn distinguishing himself from the generic Conservatives at the Tea Party rally in Washington who are obviously trying to siphon his fans into their fold

Video:

http://www.crackle.com/c/Penn_Says/Penn_Says_Glenn_Beck_s_Tea_Party_at_the_Alamo/2468236

Too lazy to read all responses, but Penn is not a "Conservative" even under you NeoCon/Conservative distinction. He's a Libertarian. When have pre-NeoCon "Conservatives" favored pro-gay marriage, pro-choice and Jeffersonian separation of Church and State?

That being said, Penn Jilette is tea-totaler who owns no guns and champions the abolition to most gun control, the drug war and even home distillery. He's also one of the few who realizes that burning books on any side is a trivial gesture at best. Thanks for pointing people towards him. I mean that sincerely.

The more I read your posts, the more I see a Libertarian who's just not ready to abandon all the shit that was force fed into you in college. You respect people like Ron Paul and laugh at people like Mitt Romney...even though Romney has more in common with Obama than Paul ever has.

Maybe you're just a man of spine and gumption. But where is that on the Left OR Right?