• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Outlawing guns in the US ...

Should the US Federal Constitution's Second Amendment be overturned?

• Yes, I want to bypass Constitutional process and directly overturn with simple majority

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Yes, I want it overturned with Constitutional process and super-majority

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Indifferent, but it should only be overturned with Constitutional process and super-majority

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • No, but I'd accept it if overturned with Constitutional process and super-majority

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • No, and I don't think any Amendments of the [i]Bill of Rights[/i] should ever be repealed

Votes: 186 65.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters
Okay, here's the poll to end all these polls. I'm curious how many people will answer select answers.

Facetious

Moderated
NOTICE : Laymen -

Be very cautious . . . understand precisely each choice prior to punch'in chad. Seek professional council, if necessary.:1orglaugh:spin::spin::spin:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I picked "other".

I don't believe that guns should be outlawed and I don't really think that the Constitutional rights us U.S. citizens have been given should be altered...although, at the same time, I do believe that certain aspects of certain amendments are a little "out of date" (for a lack of a better description).

Without the second amendment, you wouldn't have the first. A man with a gun is a citizen a man without a gun is a subject. Fear the government that fear your guns. And last but not least, The NAACP and the Klan agree with taking away the gun rights of African Americans

In a perfect world guns would not be needed. I am for guns not being allowed in this country, but I realize that if we amended the constitution so as to repeal the 2nd amendment the law abiding citizens would be in even greater danger because they would turn their guns in to the authorities and the criminals would be the only civilians in the streets with guns. So in reality I will have to say keep everything as is, until someone can think of a better way of handling the situation.

Serious question...if guns were banned and possession of one thereafter carried a heavy jail sentence like say 20 years, do you think that even the criminals would turn in their guns?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
This is my problem with getting rid of the 2nd amendment, where would it stop after that?

The US is already becoming quite a sterile place to live...I mean heck, even hugs are being "banned." So once we go and change the 2nd amendment to create a "safer and more secure" enviroment, that of course would give way to changing the 1st amendment, the 4th amendment, and who knows what else.

I may not live in the US any longer, but I don't want to see that slippery slope happen either.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I'm not for overturning the Amendment. I'm just not sure whether the Founding Fathers meant for the Bill to be interpreted to mean we should all have guns.:confused:

youwanttoshagme

Closed Account
Guns should be banned. From the UK and looking across at the US, it's mad. Why should you need a gun? Majority of the UK think that US gun laws are just retarded.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
So I guess there's a way of making sure that only American citizens, with the right to vote, are able to vote in this poll?

I voted for other. There are too many guns out there to realistically have any effect. Also there are too many responsible law abiding gun owners. Anyways it would be tantamount to locking the barn door after the cows have left.

I have mixed views, this is difficult.

Not living in the US makes this hard to answer as in the UK it's completely different, even though we had a gun amnesty guns are readily available and I don't see how gun crime has reduced as a result of it.:(

My friend lost thousands of pounds giving up his handguns after Dunblane in 96 and these things still happen!

I would like to find out how many crimes are committed with legal guns in relation to illegal ones and then make my choice.

I know any nutcase can get hold of a firearm but from what i'm led to believe, most aquire them legitimately and are responsible (in the US).

McRocket

Banned
I agree totally.

It's insane. And I dunno how they don't see it.

Neither do I.

My guess would be fear with a bit of arrogance thrown in. Or possibly the reverse.

But eventually they (or their decendants) will get it. For now, just smile and nod.

Unless you are living/visiting America. In that case, watch your back - lol.

I'm not for overturning the Amendment. I'm just not sure whether the Founding Fathers meant for the Bill to be interpreted to mean we should all have guns.:confused:

I'm pretty sure they didn't although as far as I know there weren't any restrictions on gun ownership at the time either in America or Britain.It was about being able to raise a local defence force if it proved necessary.The word "militia" is used generally to mean an official reserve force consisting of citizens rather than soldiers.