• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
This news also found in Finland.

Colored actress, actresses and movie directors are not rewarded enough so some of them will boycott the Oscar gala.

jada-pinkett-smith-magic-mike-xxl.jpg

spike-lee-oscar-boycott1.jpg

(Jada Pinkett Smith & Spike Lee)

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...boycott-a-timeline-of-the-controversy-w162120

Well it's a matter of desstroyed ego, nothing to do with racism really, just some dumb people trying to win playing the race card.

Well it's a matter of desstroyed ego, nothing to do with racism really, just some dumb people trying to win playing the race card.

I do not know is this racism or not.

News say that most of the Oscar gala judges are white.

Maybe Hollywood movie industry needs Oscars which are given only to those who are represent minorities.

oscar-winners-0_610x397_36.jpg

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
If you look at the statistics black actors are actually overrepresented in terms of winning the acting awards, compared to their share of the population in the US. People like to frame the Oscars as this bastion of racism but it doesn't really hold up aside from two key areas: that the members are majority old white men and there were no coloured actors nominated the past two years. The Academy is taking steps to fix the first problem and I think what they have proposed makes tons of sense. They are never going to get rid of one racial group dominating the Academy but by introducing more minorities and, more importantly, women I think it will eventually lead to more consideration for non-white actors. The second point I don't think is racist, just unfortunate and spun the wrong way. There's five spots open in each of the acting awards and this year in particular there were at least ten actors/actresses who had a reasonable chance of being nominated in each. What, aside from their skin colour, makes Will Smith or Michael B Jordan any more notable than those who did get nominated?

Really the only snub this year, in my opinion, was Idris Elba, and that was for political reasons. Every other case this year of someone saying "this actor didn't get nominated, the Oscars are racist!" I don't see as a racial issue.

People like to frame the Oscars as this bastion of racism but it doesn't really hold up aside from two key areas: that the members are majority old white men and there were no coloured actors nominated the past two years.

Perhaps the film producers do not provide important roles to colored actors.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I think that the problem for the academy judges is that they can't see black actors facial expressions as well as those of white people, because they are so dark. So it's just guesswork, and as Will Smith said in an interview, he lost only to other black actors, so I guess the academy wanted to honor the efforts of black actors and just flipped a coin. And Will was unlucky twice. He should ask his Scientology counselors about the best way Xanu could assist him in this situation. I think the black actors should just go for some more dramatic facial activities to make up for the problems of judging what the hell they want to display on film. Or follow Michael Jackson's strategy and bleach themselves.

I think that the problem for the academy judges is that they can't see black actors facial expressions as well as those of white people, because they are so dark.

Does that mean that a black actor must wear a white shirt at night scene? :dunno:

altorro-actor-0758-200x272.jpg

I was wondering when this would properly land on Freeones.

I think Janet Hubert's response to Jada Pinkett Smith's bitching sums it all up.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Colored? Who are you? Spencer Tracy in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Get used to international use of the english and other languages. In Germany, the use of "farbig" (coloured) is a perfectly fine and non-offensive verb, too.

The negro just has to get used to it.

I think black people sometimes get that Kanye West effect
rtxbodp.jpg

^
He has a effect. (wtf)

I was wondering when this would properly land on Freeones.

I think Janet Hubert's response to Jada Pinkett Smith's bitching sums it all up.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/01/21/janet-hubert-disses-jada-pinkett-smith-oscars-fresh-prince/

Colored? Who are you? Spencer Tracy in Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Colored refers to non-white people : Asian, Africa, West France, Italian, South American, Siberia and South Pole.

Get used to international use of the english and other languages. In Germany, the use of "farbig" (coloured) is a perfectly fine and non-offensive verb, too.

The negro just has to get used to it.

In my view there are white and dark people and it is a fact.

Negro = black

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Colored refers to non-white people : Asian, Africa, West France, Italian, South American, Siberia and South Pole.

In my view there are white and dark people and it is a fact.

Negro = black

Yes, that is a fact.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
This news also found in Finland.

Colored actress, actresses and movie directors are not rewarded enough so some of them will boycott the Oscar gala.

Wow....great to know that Finland isn't closed off to general news resources. These uppity coloreds had better learn their place!! :facepalm:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Wow....great to know that Finland isn't closed off to general news resources. These uppity coloreds had better learn their place!! :facepalm:

You're really getting it wrong "Coloured" is NOT a racist slur here in Europe, it is used like you use "african-american"