Obama's New Budget ***** Constellation & Aries Programs

I haven't read this whole thread so this may've been covered...

I'm not that bummed. I think the true future of the space program is in the private sector. It's maybe not a bad thing that the government is cutting back on these programs. The government can fuck these things up and they can get bogged down endlessly.

Let private enterprise take the reigns.

:cool:
 
Call me a optimist but I dont think its as far off as people think. Yes with current technology and theories we do not have the technology for anything significant currently but the possibility of a major breakthrough in many fields of science occuring over the next 50 years is there.

If they dont blow Geneva of the map when they get the hadron collider up and going they could make breakthroughs in string theory and definitely be on the path to further and deeper understanding of how the universe works. Also I am still holding my breath for cold fushion lulz. Thats is the kinda power generation we need and only as a starter.

PS> Basically I agree right now the recession needs to be addressed. But also significant moves must be made to ensure the climate crisis doesnt wreck civilization, We gotta limit the damage, Serious damage control. New power generation even if it isnt the cold fushion my wet dreams are of, We need something new and renewable in order to have the power we need to advance scientifically.....Mankind needs to make big leaps in the next 100 years.
 
I don't disagree, Stan. I just **** to see the space program end up in a dead end. The Constellation and Aries programs are expensive and, I don't believe, thoroughly thought through. Like I said, NASA has been its own worst enemy from a public relations standpoint.

I have to ask this question, however....Did Gus Grissom, Ed White, Roger Chaffee, Dick Scobee, Mike Smith, Judy Resnick, Greg Jarvis, Ron McNair, Christa McAullife, Ellison Onizuka, David Brown, Laurel Clark, Michael Anderson, Ilan Ramon, Rick Husband, Kawpana Chawla and William McCool die for nothing?

I sure hope not. :(

Perhaps it is wishful thinking on my part, but I have high hopes that this was only a prelude to a release of a more operational, fiscally sound, modernized manned trip to not only the moon, but Mars and other bodies in the system.
Let's face it, the programs were created on the fly by a guy with the visionary of a spud potato. It had been created by a guy who thought "Cool! We can go to the moon!", but with absolutely no idea as to how to do it. As Obama put it, it was "over budget, behind schedule, and lacking in innovation." I think the last two reasons also speak volumes. And, if I am not mistaken, only a year after proposing the program, Bush cut funding for it himself, further hindering any progress it could have made.
I have very high hopes that, once the budget crunch is over, Obama will put a little bit more funding into a more proper, logical and sound program.
 
Good.
Fuck the moon.
Fuck space.
We should invest the money in rebuilding the ozone layer as a metallic barrier against otherwordly invaders.
Seal the Earth up in a spherical safe. Protect the seed of man.
 
I love how women are the subject in the thread. Yes, lets blame all the women because it's the only option. Lolz made me laugh though. Thanks for also sterotyping me just because I have muscles it means I'm dumb as ****.

How do I submit reply to this thread?

Good boy! Here's a treat! flylicker
 
Notice he didn't mention Bubba?

Out of line. Now THIS is borderline (or over the line) racist. JMO of course....you can believe whatever you want to believe.

No, I'm afraid I don't know anyone by the name of Bubba. :confused:

But I do know Billy Joe Bob Ray Earl Jr. (you have to have at least 4 names on your belt buckle to be a true redneck). Well, I was talking to him the other day, and he said the past 2 months have been the happiest he's ever been....with finally gettin married to his sis Mary Lou and all. In fact, Billy Joe Bob Ray Earl the 4th is already on the way (his ****** still has custody of Billy Joe Bob Ray Earl the 3rd, but that's another story). I think the marriage is gonna go well. Well....as long as Mary Lou doesn't find out he's cheating around on her with ma.

Sorry Jagger, it's impossible for me to be racist. I **** everybody equally. :D
 
We should be pouring tons of money into exploration of space instead of wasting it trying to "help" people who can't /won't help themselves. One day, humanity will need to leave this planet... sounds crazy, but it's true. Not to mention a lot of scientific knowledge has been garnered from the space program.
 
Back
Top