• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama tries to stop execution in Texas of Mexican killer

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Well, it appears that you who would deny this guy his rights (under the terms of the Vienna Convention) that were in effect and of which we were a participant when he was arrested and charged with the crime have gotten your way. He was killed by lethal injection at Ellis Unit One in Huntsville shortly after 6 pm local time.

Before all of you shout "hip...hip...hooray!" at this development, I would really ask you to think twice about traveling abroad as an American citizen from now on.....especially if you have the misfortune of being arrested for any reason. It's likely that you will now be denied access to assistance from the US consulate just like this individual was. It is incredible to me that here in the "land of the free and the home of the brave" that such basic rights would be so easily dismissed by those of you here who have made statements like "let him fry" or making references to "tacos" (racist beyond question) without any regard to the due process to which he should have been afforded by international agreement and yet denied nonetheless.

I wonder how many of you who might find themselves in similar circumstances and be denied access to help from the American consulate should you somehow find yourself in legal trouble abroad would still maintain your position on this issue in retrospect. This is an incredibly defiant and incomprehensible statement for this nation to make to the international community when it comes to individual human rights.

Before you spit-roast me about my views understand that I am in no way exonerating this man from the crime for which he was convicted. The issue in question has nothing to do with that. The more salient point is that he was obviously denied his rights under international agreement and this country (the USA) just decided to throw those rights in the toilet regardless for reasons that I am unable to understand.

I hate to say this but tonight I am ashamed to be an American. :facepalm::(:facepalm:

I can understand your passion in your opposition to the death penalty: hell, I'm not even sure I'm for it most days.

But - accepting that he was denied his rights to speak to the Mexican consulate - changes nothing in the facts of the case. He would still have been found guilty, still have been executed under the provisions of the current law.

This last appeal was nothing but a tactic: to delay, to protest capital punishment, to wrangle and dissect yet more law.

Let's say he'd won the appeal on the grounds of being denied access to the consulate. He'd still, eventually, have been executed. Nothing was going to stop that freight train riding him to the death chamber, because an abuse of process - no matter how egregious - doesn't change the fact that he kidnapped, raped and murdered a teenage girl.

Regardless of the legal facts, I'm against the death penalty.

mexicans = dangerous

right?

Not only should Rick Perry say no but he should put out a photo response of him giving Obamer the bird while holding a photo of the 16 year old who spent the last moments of her life being raped, beaten and murdered by the mexican.

What about Bush?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry ignored the pleas of the White House, former President George W. Bush, the U.N. and several international judicial bodies called for a stay of execution.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58528.html

What harm? Pissing off a mexican?

No, the ability to receive consular assistance in the event of a detention.

Pandering for the Latino vote. Fry that pinche verga.

The girl he killed was a latino if I am not wrong.

making references to "tacos" (racist beyond question)

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Noun: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Saying "taco" means no such thing. Is it politically incorrect? Maybe. Racist? I sure as shit don't think so. Not that I ever said that term here, but...just sayin'.

Carry on...

I can understand your passion in your opposition to the death penalty: hell, I'm not even sure I'm for it most days.

But - accepting that he was denied his rights to speak to the Mexican consulate - changes nothing in the facts of the case. He would still have been found guilty, still have been executed under the provisions of the current law.

This last appeal was nothing but a tactic: to delay, to protest capital punishment, to wrangle and dissect yet more law.

Let's say he'd won the appeal on the grounds of being denied access to the consulate. He'd still, eventually, have been executed. Nothing was going to stop that freight train riding him to the death chamber, because an abuse of process - no matter how egregious - doesn't change the fact that he kidnapped, raped and murdered a teenage girl.
Funny how they want EVERYTHING To do with America when it suits them, but when they break the law...oh no, we aren't part of THIS country. Bullshit.

What about Bush?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry ignored the pleas of the White House, former President George W. Bush, the U.N. and several international judicial bodies called for a stay of execution.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58528.html

No, the ability to receive consular assistance in the event of a detention.

The girl he killed was a latino if I am not wrong.

Oh, he didn't kill a white girl? What is the issue?

Obama busy bombing countries and ignoring real issues. If the last president didn't do shit right what makes one think this one could? just because he could read off of a teleprompter better?

We are all doomed.

We need a Dark Knight...

Obama busy bombing countries and ignoring real issues. If the last president didn't do shit right what makes one think this one could? just because he could read off of a teleprompter better?

We are all doomed.

We need a Dark Knight...
I do agree he cops out on most everything, especially drug policy for some reason.

just fry the raping, murdering piece of shit and be done with it.

Tacos, anyone?

I agree. However the murderer's family should be billed for the execution.

As for mexican tonight..........nah gives me the plop plops.

georges

Staff member
Obama is showing his stupidity and instead of sticking his nose in the texas judicial system, he should fix the economy. Death penalty for the motherfucker who killed and raped a 16 years old. I am pro death penalty and pro guns too.

Otrauma is incapable of fixing the economy. His idea of "Central Government Must Produce Jobs" has been a dismal failure.

Two excellent, insightful posts by Jagger here.

Unfortunately hardly anybody seems to have payed them any mind.
Instead emotionalism reigns, as usual.

And Obama didn't try to stop the execution, only to delay it in light of a conflict that could possibly see americans convicted without due process in other nations.

In other words, he's taking the long view while trying to protect OUR asses.

But the knee jerkers never have had any foresight, so instead this is supposedly about pandering :facepalm:

He doesn't have to pander to minorities to obtain their support. Minorities are painfully aware of conservatism's ugly record when it comes to equality/civil rights.

Otrauma is incapable of fixing the economy.

He was supposed to do that, all by himself? I guess maybe if he asked politely he could have gotten the financial lobby to do anything he wanted?
And here I thought it was liberals who expected Obama to be The Messiah :rolleyes:

However, my stock portfolio has gained almost 50% under this president.

Thank you to all the conservatives who bailed out on the cheap for fear of his marxist, anti-american agenda :1orglaugh

I'm sure "Goldline" is thrilled you've paid absolute top dollar for their products :)

My house is worth considerably more than it was in 2008.
So are my income properties.

Gas prices have been dropping again.

GNP & GDP recovered to pre 2008 levels

Highest June retail sales since 1999.

Crime rates (particularly capital crimes) down across the nation.

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Things are looking up.
So sorry to all the bitter end haters.
I know you'd rather see a full blown collapse than see Obama succeed.
And yet you have the gall to call yourself patriots :facepalm: :facepalm:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue

So, in other words, don't let established human rights get in get in the way of something that you feel was an inevitable outcome anyway? By that logic, why bother giving him access to legal counsel at all? Why grant him a writ of habeas corpus? Why bother giving him a jury trial? Why not just declare him guilty upon his arrest since it's pretty obvious he committed the crime? Are you totally familiar with the facts and evidence in this case? How do you know that it wouldn't have made a difference if he would have been allowed to seek advice from the Mexican consulate?

This type of thinking is really, really dangerous. That's the reason we have legal safeguards and mandates in place. Many have fought and died for the protection of these rights. To flippantly dismiss their denial to a person being accused of a crime as being inconsequential is absolutely incredible to me. :surprise:

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Noun: The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Saying "taco" means no such thing. Is it politically incorrect? Maybe. Racist? I sure as shit don't think so. Not that I ever said that term here, but...just sayin'.

Carry on...

OK, Scott. Let's play semantics with this. Perhaps racist is the improper term....how about ethnic slur? The bigoted sentiment behind either definition is the same.