• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama tries to stop execution in Texas of Mexican killer

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
So, in other words, don't let established human rights get in get in the way of something that you feel was an inevitable outcome anyway? By that logic, why bother giving him access to legal counsel at all? Why grant him a writ of habeas corpus? Why bother giving him a jury trial? Why not just declare him guilty upon his arrest since it's pretty obvious he committed the crime? Are you totally familiar with the facts and evidence in this case? How do you know that it wouldn't have made a difference if he would have been allowed to seek advice from the Mexican consulate?

This type of thinking is really, really dangerous. That's the reason we have legal safeguards and mandates in place. Many have fought and died for the protection of these rights. To flippantly dismiss their denial to a person being accused of a crime as being inconsequential is absolutely incredible to me. :surprise:

I'm not trying to say that the rights and safeguards aren't important or vital, or that their erosion is not dangerous. It's a terribly difficult line to walk and define .. I suppose what was in theback (fucking Vikki Dougan aka The Back link) of my mind is here is a man who IS going to die, he IS going to be executed. The constant back and forth and delays are, in some senses, torturous .. keeping a man dangling on the edge of the precipice, a rope around his neck, but never pulling him back and never pushing him over seems wrong to me too.

I don't know. Like I said, I am terribly conflicted in my beliefs on this issue. Rights MUST be upheld, but in this case, it really was nothing but a paper exercise that kept a man in a Tantalus hell, neither dead, nor alive and with no hope of rescue.

Every time I think I have finally worked out my stand on tis issue, a crime comes along that just makes me want to pull the switch on the motherfucker myself.

It's a process, I suppose. I'm working on it.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
They had sixteen years to challenge this and waited till the last possible moment to milk it for all its propaganda goodness. I'm glad they cut the Gordian Knot and killed that fuckhead.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I am against the death penalty. I'm sure the president is against it too.

Unfortunately, he's not. He has consistently supported the death penalty. To the best of my knowledge, we have never elected a president who was anti-death penalty. John Kerry was as close as we ever came as far as I know.

dont put the mexican to death...make him get a job and pay taxes!!!

obama's slogan was change...but where?

listen to rush limbaugh for some real facts on how obama has "changed" our country

I am against the death penalty.
Me too purely on principle, of course there are cases I read about where my emotions get the better of me and I think that person deserves to die but when I clear my head I'd like to think we can one day rid the world of executions and become a more civilised society. To quote Albert Pierrepoint who was the UK's official hangman for some time and executed around 435 people:

I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people...The trouble with the death penalty has always been that nobody wanted it for everybody, but everybody differed about who should get off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Pierrepoint#Views_on_capital_punishment

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I just wish Obama was sitting in his lap, saying goodbye when the switch was flipped.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
A big fuck you to B.O. and the U.N.!!

Well done Texas!