• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama Report Card - Two Years Later

Barry's Record

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would give him a 4. I give him a big thumbs up for scientific issues like environmentalism and stem cell research, but otherwise he doesn't seem to have accomplished much. It's wise to preach the need for change but never change too much at once, but now after two years I wonder if he can get anything big done.

He hasn't accomplished much? President Obama has achieved more in 18-months than most presidents have achieved in eight-years. What do you call passing the stimulus bill that saved millions of jobs, monumental legislation like health care reform, reforming the student loan program, passing credit card reform, and easing stem cell research?

Let's remember that Obama ran on change you can believe in, not change you can believe in 18-months.

The Congress and the Senate have been solidly Democrat, following every Obama wish, for two years!
If this guy and his party aren't a total failure, I do not know who can be?

If that were true GiTMO would be closed by now...Health care reform wouldn't have needed to be haggled out for a year. Unemployment extensions wouldn't have been held up for months either.:2 cents:

You're thinking the guy before him when his fellow party members ruled congress.

Tell me one policy Bush wanted but they didn't grant him?

Probably not a whole hell of a lot, but perhaps with an Obama VP it would've been more fitting; kill two birds, ya know (first female and first person of color)? Is she going to run against incumbent Obama in '12? That's the word, right? That cannot have happened too often in American history. Either way, whoever went in the Oval Office inherited the Bush conundrum.

If you don't think he's fit for POTUS why would you think he was fit for back-up president? This isn't like a back-up RB or something.

I gave him a 7 which is as said about a C plus.
He has not gotten accomplished as much as I might of hoped but that is not all his fault,even presidents have limits (like stinking obstructionist republicans).:mad:
And compared to Bush who would be lucky to get a two for his time in office, Obama is at least a 9,but were not grading on a curve are we.:1orglaugh

IMO anyone who gives him a 10 or a 1 for that matter should be banned as too extreme.:ban2:;)

If you don't think he's fit for POTUS why would you think he was fit for back-up president? This isn't like a back-up RB or something.

Experience. All he really did when he got to the OO was load up his cabinet with experienced individuals anyways. Sort of like Truman, I think. Truman didn't have a lot of experience but under FDR he gained experience. :2 cents:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
You haven't heard? Pretty sure my original source was CNN, but that was probably over a month ago. Then again, maybe it was just the talk of her replacing Biden.

I think it is the Biden rumor to which you refer. I did see a feature that suggested that Obama was considering replacing Biden with Hillary as VP and making Biden the Secretary of State during the second term. David Axelrod has basically dismissed these rumors as just that....rumors. Not a bad idea at all however IMO. Biden's foreign policy experience would make him a much better appointee than Hillary in my view and she would definitely bring in a lot of the female vote which has drifted, from my understanding, to being heavily in favor of Obama to slightly tilted toward the GOP since 2008.

Experience. All he really did when he got to the OO was load up his cabinet with experienced individuals anyways. Sort of like Truman, I think. Truman didn't have a lot of experience but under FDR he gained experience. :2 cents:

Fair point. I would expect anyone to load up their admin with experience.

I had a problem with him OD'ing on the Clintonites though...that's partly why he's suffering politically now as well.

The Clintonites couldn't even keep GOPer tricksters from setting Clinton up for impeachment. No wonder they can't deal with silly teabaggers and their malarkey. They got no balls.

I think it is the Biden rumor to which you refer. I did see a feature that suggested that Obama was considering replacing Biden with Hillary as VP and making Biden the Secretary of State during the second term. David Axelrod has basically dismissed these rumors as just that....rumors. Not a bad idea at all however IMO. Biden's foreign policy experience would make him a much better appointee than Hillary in my view and she would definitely bring in a lot of the female vote which has drifted, from my understanding, to being heavily in favor of Obama to slightly tilted toward the GOP since 2008.

Well, since he is a right wing guy, I'll just throw it out there that in fact Bernie Goldberg said she will run against Obama. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure after he made that ascertion that in fact that would only happen if BO's ratings plummet even further. Man, would that make for some grade-A drama though. :D

I had a problem with him OD'ing on the Clintonites though...that's partly why he's suffering politically now as well.

The Clintonites couldn't even keep GOPer tricksters from setting Clinton up for impeachment. No wonder they can't deal with silly teabaggers and their malarkey. They got no balls.

Isn't there quite a bit of tension there between Hill' and BO? I sensed a pretty bitter Clinton family after they lost to BO in 2008.

Well, since he is a right wing guy, I'll just throw it out there that in fact Bernie Goldberg said she will run against Obama. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure after he made that ascertion that in fact that would only happen if BO's ratings plummet even further. Man, would that make for some grade-A drama though. :D
Not to make any predictions but today's Obama will not be the 2012 Obama. Meaning things are probably as bad as they are going to get (looking for some wood to knock on) and as things improve so too will his poll/job approval ratings.:2 cents:
Isn't there quite a bit of tension there between Hill' and BO? I sensed a pretty bitter Clinton family after they lost to BO in 2008.

Probably...But I don't know if it was more than Reagan and Bush at the end of the '80 election primaries.:dunno:

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
3 (But I should point out that as a non-american my viewpoint isn't important)
-Getting Petraus in as replacement.
-Not cancelling F35.
-Not spanking the bankers hard enough.
-Not cancelling the extradition treaty with the Brits that the Brits wanted cancelling.
-Not pledging support to the Brits when it looked like their was gonna be more argy-bargy with the argies.
-Not getting a decent replacement for M16 & variants.
-Not scrapping M1 and having the Israeli's upgrade the old M60s to magach 7 standard before bringing them back to service.
-Not giving his valid defenses of himself to critiscism of right.
-Not scrapping M2 & Stryker & upgrading M113s with bar armour & necessary gear to replace them.

+Slightly tougher on North Korea.
+Health care reforms.
+Not being W.
+Cancelling star wars & BS missile defense system.

A very mediocre 7. One of the strongest actions he deserves 100% credit for is saving General Motors. Without Obama we wouldn't have GM, and by extension, Ford.

His greatest absolute failure is not bringing all troops and contractors home from the Middle East.

I think he dodged a major bullet with the oil spill. I wish he threw BP execs in jail. There wasn't an active hurricane season in the Gulf this year and that was a godsend. Fishing and tourism should be back to near 100% next year in the Gulf and that will be good. Obama gets all the credit for the $20bil relief fund that BP set up and which they are conveniently claiming it was their idea....

I think we got wussy Financial Reform (no return of Glass-Steagall) and we got pussy healthcare reform...

I don't see much improvement if the Wackoes take the House because they will try to pass bullshit corporate bills which the Dems will simply throw in the shitter once they reach the Senate...

Gridlock for the next two years....guaranteed.

A very mediocre 7. One of the strongest actions he deserves 100% credit for is saving General Motors. Without Obama we wouldn't have GM, and by extension, Ford.

His greatest absolute failure is not bringing all troops and contractors home from the Middle East.

I think he dodged a major bullet with the oil spill. I wish he threw BP execs in jail. There wasn't an active hurricane season in the Gulf this year and that was a godsend. Fishing and tourism should be back to near 100% next year in the Gulf and that will be good. Obama gets all the credit for the $20bil relief fund that BP set up and which they are conveniently claiming it was their idea....

I think we got wussy Financial Reform (no return of Glass-Steagall) and we got pussy healthcare reform...

I don't see much improvement if the Wackoes take the House because they will try to pass bullshit corporate bills which the Dems will simply throw in the shitter once they reach the Senate...

Gridlock for the next two years....guaranteed.

If GOPers win control of both houses..gridlock is the best we can hope for.

Keep in mind some of these jokers represent large contingents of loony birds who think Obama should be at least impeached (for what exactly they're mum on...well I guess it falls in line with their belief he's actually a resident of Botswana or something:rolleyes: or he's 'raising' there taxes or some other psycho babble).

I don't think that is necessarily true, actually. If it is demonstrably the Republicans that are stonewalling things, there will be another swing in two years.

Haven't you heard? Stonewalling is the only thing they're good at and they actually win doing it.:dunno:

The have always sold Americans on the notion they are always the thin, red line between them and Demo torture chambers.

If GOPers win control of both houses..gridlock is the best we can hope for.

Keep in mind some of these jokers represent large contingents of loony birds who think Obama should be at least impeached (for what exactly they're mum on...well I guess it falls in line with their belief he's actually a resident of Botswana or something:rolleyes: or he's 'raising' there taxes or some other psycho babble).

I'm a registered Democrat. It is the party I more closely ally with. They are far from perfect and it doesn't define who I am.

I'm disappointed in the hate regardless of party. I have no respect for people who judge people by the group.

And that will assure a Republican president in two years!

No, sorry. Even in two years, the Wackeos still won't have any viable prez candidates. Who ya gunna run--Sarah Palin :rofl: John McCain for the 46th time :rofl Ron Paul :sleep: Rudy Guiliani :sleep: Glenn Beck :thumbsup:

Two more years of gridlock ensures an Obama second term and, as Dirky said, another overhaul back to the Dems.

Republican policies (if the Dems are dumb enough to go along with them) will ensure 18%--20% unemployment in the U.S. from Jan2011-Dec2012

Remember, the GOP was the party that brought us two wars in the middle east to the tune of $3trillion, a giant, silly war called "The War on Terror" and when there turned out to be no WMD in Iraq...all they did was ---->:anonymous

I could give him either a 7 or an 8. I'll opt for the 8 considering 1) the shit storm he inherited and 2) the fact he's perservered in the face a smear campaign that eclipses any I've previously seen in my lifetime.

I agree, but considering the immense power of the lobbyists and propagandists he was up against I'm not sure we could have done all that much better at this point :dunno: