• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama is not a "real" black President

He's black cause society says he is ,thats the way it works.
So the "shallow" definition works? Sorry, gotta disagree.

Many African-Americans I know recognize that Obama, while he represents the fact that a black man can be elected, does not have a family lineage that represents the suffering and the tragedies of their, earlier American generations. If it's really about "opportunities," he doesn't represent these Americans well.

He came from a completely different background, and a completely different set of opportunities.

So the "shallow" definition works? Sorry, gotta disagree.

Many African-Americans I know recognize that Obama, while he represents the fact that a black man can be elected, does not have a family lineage that represents the suffering and the tragedies of their, earlier American generations. If it's really about "opportunities," he doesn't represent these Americans well.

He came from a completely different background, and a completely different set of opportunities.

He's talking about how the general public views him. The general public does in fact see BO as a black man. I posted a link a while back about some black guy from the Washington Post who said exactly what you said here however.

He's talking about how the general public views him. The general public does in fact see BO as a black man.
I think the general public, especially the silent majority, is not so shallow. And even more relevant, what does the average African-American think? I think they are in the best position to say what "real" is or not.

I posted a link a while back about some black guy from the Washington Post who said exactly what you said here however.
Indeed. No one is mitigating the history of Obama being voted. However, when people (especially non-African Americans) stretch it to what it is not, then people (especially African-Americans) question the context.

I've had this same discussion before ...
- Non-veterans talking about "the veteran"
- Non-blacks talking about "the blacks"
- Countless others

I leave those to speak for themselves. Whenever I say anything, it's not my views, but the views of others who have told me. And even that's just a sample. I have no opinion of my own.

About the only time I feel really strongly about something is when it's a near-perfect consensus among a professional organization -- like an engineering body. NIST's report on the twin towers for example. It goes completely against the known laws of physics to disagree, and I have the background to understand it.

not an issue. We all want Obama to do something besides pose. His presidency has been a little disappointing so far. The first few months are a transition, but it has been a year since then.

there's a thing i heard once about how the united states needs a king and a president, a king to go around and pose, be the dignitary, and hold the publics hand when shit goes down...and a president to get shit done
as to the clip i thought it was funny

State v. Foreign Executive ...

there's a thing i heard once about how the united states needs a king and a president, a king to go around and pose, be the dignitary, and hold the publics hand when shit goes down...and a president to get shit done
Yes, this differential is actually studied in American Civics as standard, using the UK and several other nations as examples. The common issue of populous rule and pleasing the public are discussed as not necessarily good for the nation in the same classes.

Although this may no longer be the case in the latest generation, it was in the education of generations prior. I know today they keep watering things down, which is just sad.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
When W was president all the assholes trotted out the Thomas Jefferson quote "The truest form of patriotism is dissent." (Even though the truest form of patriotism is to give your life in service to your country. Jefferson was an asshole.)

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, if you disagree with NObama you are automatically branded as a traitor. But I'm going to go a little further with Jefferson's logic. If you agree with NObama you aren't dissenting and therefore unpatriotic.

As far as his skin color goes, I don't care if he's purple, he's still wrong.

When W was president all the assholes trotted out the Thomas Jefferson quote "The truest form of patriotism is dissent." (Even though the truest form of patriotism is to give your life in service to your country. Jefferson was an asshole.)

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, if you disagree with NObama you are automatically branded as a traitor. But I'm going to go a little further with Jefferson's logic. If you agree with NObama you aren't dissenting and therefore unpatriotic.

What he said.

Bush sold us a war based on questionable (at best) intelligence that had no connection to 9/11. A war that has killed and maimed tens of thousands while destroying much of the international good will we garnered after 9/11. One that will end up costing us a couple of trillion dollars at minimum. One that could readily lead to a bloodbath and potentially catastrophic instability once we depart.

Teabaggers are protesting chimerical communists, delusive death panels and non-existent tax increases.
But hey yes it's your right, so go ahead and knock yourselves out :thumbsup:

His mother is white and he answers to zionist bankers.

Also the zionist media, no doubt, which includes zionist film-makers. And let's not forget zionist attorneys. He probably doesn't wipe his ass without consulting a zionist first. Could you please tell us again how Israel is the world's most dangerous terrorist threat. I just love a good story :)

Just for the record, Jefferson never said that.

Bush sold us a war based on questionable (at best) intelligence that had no connection to 9/11. A war that has killed and maimed tens of thousands while destroying much of the international good will we garnered after 9/11. One that will end up costing us a couple of trillion dollars at minimum. One that could readily lead to a bloodbath and potentially catastrophic instability once we depart.

Oops. Forgot to mention it also being the best recruiting tool radical muslims could ever have dreamed of.
A hearty well done on all counts, George :hatsoff:

I think the general public, especially the silent majority, is not so shallow. And even more relevant, what does the average African-American think? I think they are in the best position to say what "real" is or not.

well i'm african american and i don't think blacks should be the only people that determines what is "real". Hell there shouldn't be any determing in the first place. The general public should actually get a grip on reality and what actual makes sense. Barack Obama is a mulatto person. calling him black sends our country back into the days when the 1 drop rule was active in the land. And i personally don't even want to think about that stupid rule. And I think we all can agree just how stupid that rule actually was.

Its time to progress people. Its time to fucking progress

Sorry, gotta disagree ...

well i'm african american and i don't think blacks should be the only people that determines what is "real".
Sorry, gotta disagree.

It's one thing to talk about what Americans think. But when you dip into a minority of Americans, they should think for themselves. It's not my place if I am not in that minority.

Abortion is a great one. I have long argued it is a topic for women to decide for themselves, without men. It's not because I'm trying to gain favor with women, but because I am a man and I don't understand what it is to be a woman!

Case-in-point: Parental consent for an abortion by a minor. Makes sense to most men (statistically). But among women (statistically), it does not. Why? Because men (especially fathers) are never responsible for the child after the woman becomes an adult. But the woman, formerly a minor, that had the child, is still responsible for 18+ years after the child is born, for the majority of her womanhood.

I have met quite a number of African-Americans who are tired of non-African Americans stating what Obama is, what a defining moment it was that he was elected and why. It's one thing to recognize he's the first man elected to the US Presidency with any, significant African heritage. But it's another to harp on it like some do.

Leave it be. It is for African-Americans to discuss, not us.