• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Now THIS is a Philly cheesesteak!

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Many times sandwiches are named after celebrities. This one should be called "The Peter North" for its gobs and gobs of hot cheese shot on, smeared all over, spilling off, and running down the buns.

1483442687_by_demitri_inner.gif

77-CBFE97-C60-C-449-F-94-D9-CD7-DA6597089.jpg

I guess the Japanese equivalent would be a Yoshinoya bowl. Rice instead of bread and Teriyaki sauce instead of cheese.

I wonder which is healthier/worse? The fat from the cheese or the sodium in the teriyaki?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Yoshinoya in the US is super nostalgic for me. Its junk, but yummy junk. I have been craving one for years.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
What is the mucous-like goop they put on the veggies?

Mine wan't like that. It was the pure way, beef, cheese whiz, provolone, grilled onions. It was more yellow and white, and it was no where near as messy as that fantastic goopy looking thing up there. Oh wait, the yoshi.. I don't know, I don't remember that part! I liked the beef bowls and that dumb red ginger.

12-EF5012-9-C73-490-A-B6-F1-11-C6-C32-A4-F92.jpg
So damn good we went back again today. I have had cheesesteaks in Philly but this is the best one I have ever had. I alternated dipping the wedge fries in ketchup or ranch dressing. An ice cold effervescent Pepsi to wash it all down and a couple of dill pickle spears on the side.

The roll is soft and you can shape it around the meat and cheese to make sure you get a healthy bite. This is one of the most enjoyable meals I have ever had at a fast food joint.

Can’t wait to go back.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Is that Cheese Wiz Milky Delight? Did it taste kind of sweet? How was it named and described on the menu?

Yoshinoya in the US is super nostalgic for me. Its junk, but yummy junk. I have been craving one for years.
When I was in LA I remember that there were almost no asians in the Yoshi, but was overrun with hispanics.

But yeah, total Japanese Junk/Comfort food. Who knew you could make an entire menu out of beef on rice?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
When I was in LA I remember that there were almost no asians in the Yoshi, but was overrun with hispanics.

But yeah, total Japanese Junk/Comfort food. Who knew you could make an entire menu out of beef on rice?

Legit. LA is dear to my heart and that's where I've had 99% of my Yoshi. Depending on where you are in LA, its a heavy hispanic and asian community. There's some great food from everyone out there. Yum.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The bread part looks like junk bread. Should use some actual bread like baguette or such.

And that cheese looks a lot like rubber gunk, that should be some nice french or italian cheese.

In case there are people unfamiliar with the gastronomic delight that is Yoshinoya, here's a pic.

Usually it's just beef in a bowl, but since we're comparing Philly cheesesteaks, here's their version. And if beef isn't enough for ya, try the deep fried cheese-covered tempura shrimp!

Attachments

• 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 104
I have to say I'm a little disappointed at the lack of commentary on the Cheese-loaded Japanese Beef bowls....

Burger King now does Cheesesteak! Joey really likes it too! Look at all that cheese oozing onto Joey's rhinoceros fingers!

I love Joey but I knew he would like it just because it was smothered in cheese, he fucking loves cheese. He probably is backed up with constipation 15 days out of the month. I bet his car smells like a landfill and you probably couldn’t remove the shit stains in the seats with a sand blaster.

I am going to J. Michaels today and get another cheesesteak. Can’t wait!

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Personal opinion: As a guy who makes philly cheese steaks on the regular, for maybe 2.5 years... an italian beef is SOOOOOO much better.
Dipping that shit into the au jus is about as satisfying as eating it, and the same as having the giardinera burn a hole through your stomach.
Forcing the beef to soak it up and serving a philly cheese steak to people who dont soak their buns is like.. giving a sub to a gyro fanatic.
You want one thing but youre setttling for another and it isnt gonna satisfy you and just GIMME THE GO AHEAD TO MAKE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT>

Code:
I like a good French Dip sandwich myself but the au jus has to be real beef drippings not the bullshit beef bouillon they try and pass off as au jus. A real Philly cheesesteak doesn’t need anything but meat and cheese and onions ( if you are so inclined). The cheese that is on the sandwiches that I posted wouldn’t hold up too well trying to dip it in au jus.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I love Joey but I knew he would like it just because it was smothered in cheese, he fucking loves cheese. He probably is backed up with constipation 15 days out of the month. I bet his car smells like a landfill and you probably couldn’t remove the shit stains in the seats with a sand blaster.

I am going to J. Michaels today and get another cheesesteak. Can’t wait!

Joey knows it's time to get a new car when his floorboard is ankle-deep in crumbs.

If he slashed his wrist it would be to put more nacho cheese on his chips.

1yLvTw.gif

uaDIh4.gif

WyZGzT.gif

ZPEjqu.gif

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Joey knows it's time to get a new car when his floorboard is ankle-deep in crumbs.

If he slashed his wrist it would be to put more nacho cheese on his chips.

1yLvTw.gif

uaDIh4.gif

WyZGzT.gif

ZPEjqu.gif

I have never clicked his videos, nor wanted to.
But after seeing these GIFs, I know I never will.
Probably because he is going to that great fondue party in the sky, if he eats this way on-the-regular.