• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

November 13: Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

12 rounds, vacant WBC Super Welterweight title
Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito

Televised Undercard:
10 rounds, Super Middleweight bout:
Kelly Pavlik vs. Brian Vera

12 rounds, Super Bantamweight bout:
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Ricardo Cordoba

10 rounds, Welterweight bout:
Mike Jones vs. Jesus Soto Karass

Chavez Jr. Set To Join Pacquiao in Camp To Spar, Train

On October 7, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is expected to arrive*in Baguio City, Philippines, where he will train and spar with Manny Pacquiao, according to Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz. Chavez and Pacquiao are both trained by Freddie Roach.

Antonio Margarito: Pacquiao Fight is Going To Be a War!

Former three time welterweight champion Antonio Margarito will be in pursuit of redemption when he meets Manny Pacquiao on November 13 at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Margarito, whose reputation was tarnished as a result of a hand wrapping scandal in January of 2009, wants to erase the darkest portion of his career.*When Margarito throws his first punch against Pacquiao, it will also be the first time that he has done so on American soil since January of 2009, when he suffered a ninth-round knockout loss to Shane Mosley at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.

More so than almost anything else, Margarito wants to bring home the WBC's 154-pound belt back to Mexico. The vacant title will be at stake when he faces Pacquiao in November. On paper, nothing less than a war is expected. Margarito has the same thought in mind. He wants to make it war, because win or lose Margarito wants the viewing audience to walk away satisfied.

Margarito: I amConfident of Knocking Pacquiao Out!

Former three time champion Antonio Margarito doesn't seem worried about his upcoming opponent, Manny Pacquiao. They clash on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Pacquiao's moves to junior middleweight to face Margarito for the vacant WBC title.

Margarito is already much larger and taller than Pacquiao, who goes for a record eight divisional title. Even with the catch-weight of 150-pounds, Margarito says Pacquiao won't be the stronger man in the ring. Margarito, at 5'11, has a five-inch advantage in height, but some have listed him as a 5-1 underdog in the contest.

“I am not really concerned about him as long as I train hard,”Margarito told the Manila Bulletin. “It’s a question of putting a lot of pressure on Pacquiao. In this weight, I am stronger than him. I feel confident of knocking him out."

“I have a lot of respect for the Filipino people but I am sorry to tell them that I will be the one who will win this fight."

Margarito Talks Pacquiao, Cotto Rematch, De La Hoya Beef

Former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito is going through a very strong training camp*for his fight with Manny Pacquiao on November 13 in Dallas. He sat down with BoxingScene.com/NotiFight.com to*discuss the Pacquiao fight, and other issues.

"The truth is that we are working very well, very strong, and I can confirm that*I was already training in Tijuana before the fight came about, so there will be no problem,*with the weight, or anything else," Margarito said.

Manny TKO is seven.

With prettyboy tied up in legal troubles, we may never see the only Boxing fight that really matters right now.

Margarito Not Worried About Roach, Focused on Manny KO

After finishing a workout at his camp in Oxnard, California, former champion Antonio Margarito was asked for his thoughts on the recent comments that were made by Freddie Roach, trainer of Manny Pacquiao. Roach called Margarito a "dirty fighter." He said the Mexican boxer is likely going to use his head, elbows and other illegal tactics to win the fight. Roach is training Pacquiao to avoid these possible tactics.

Margarito is not concerned with the comments being made by Roach, he is only focused on knocking Pacquiao out on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

"I'm not worried about that [the statements]. I'm training as hard as I can. You just have to put some pressure on Manny.*At this weight, I am stronger than him. I feel confident that I can knock him out," Margarito said.

Roach Orders Sparring Mates To Be Rough With Pacquiao

According to a report in the Manila Bulletin, trainer Freddie Roach has ordered the sparring partners of Manny Pacquiao to be rough with the Filipino champion. Glen Tapia and Michael Medina have been told to come as close as possible to imitating the bxoing style of Antonio Margarito, who faces Pacquiao on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Both Roach and Alex Ariza, Pacquaio's conditioning coach, expect a very rough and physical fight. They want Pacquiao to be prepared and used to a much bigger fighter coming in there and pushing his weight around.

“It’s going to be very physical,” said Alex Ariza.

Roach wants Pacquiao to stay on the move at all times. He doesn't want Margarito to ever pin Pacquiao against the ropes. Medina and Tapia will attempt to get Pacquaio to the ropes and keep him there. Roach has ordered for Pacquiao's sparring sessions to be closed off from the public and the media. He doesn't want anyone to see how Pacquiao avoids the big shots of Margarito, while at the same time countering to the body of the bigger man.

“Manny doesn’t have to take blows from this guy,” said Roach.

I'd go for Congressman Pacquiao in 9. Maybe Margarito can already book a room in the hospital that the congressman is building for his constituents.

Manny Pacquiao Hit With a Cold, Takes Time To Rest

BoxingScene.com's Ronnie Nathanielsz reports that WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is skipping out on training to rest off a possible sinus infection. Pacquiao reportedly woke up with cold-like symptoms. Trainer Freddie Roach, while not too concerned,*has ordered him to rest*and wants to prevent outsiders from entering the training camp. Nathanielsz says there should be some concern because Pacquiao has a habit of*avoiding medicine and places his faith in*natural healing.

"Pacquiao didn't train today. He is not well. Suspected sinus problem. Trouble is he depends too much on natural healing. Time for concern," Nathanielsz said.

Pacquiao is training in the Philippines for his fight with Antonio Margarito on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Roach Still Confident Pacquiao Gets The KO in Eight or Less

Trainer Freddie Roach likes the way things are going in training camp. A few months ago, Roach made a prediction that Pacquiao would knock Antonio Margarito out in eight rounds on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Nothing has changed with Roach's prediction. He was recently asked by reporters if anything has changed in his opinion on outcome. Roach sees Pacquiao finishing Margarito even quicker.

“With the way things are going right now, I'm sure we're going to knock him out in the eighth. Maybe less (rounds),” Roach told reporters. “Nothing has changed in his routine. He is still very strong.”

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan has offically joined Pacquiao's camp in the Philippines. The two boxers went on a morning jog on Friday. Khan expects to spar with Pacquiao as he prepares for Marcos Maidana on December 11 in Las Vegas.

Kelly Pavlik Looks Sharp in Training, Down To 168-Pounds

Reliable sources have advised BoxingScene.com that Kelly Pavlik is the Kelly Pavlik of old in training camp. Pavlik appears to have a chip on his shoulder and wants to silence his critics in November 13th fight against Brian Vera on the Pacquiao-Margarito undercard at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Weight has been a well chronicled issue for Pavlik the last few years. The fight with Vera is at a catch-weight of 164 pounds and weight will not be a problem in this fight.* "Kelly got weighed the other day and he was 168. That's with only working out two times a day, running and boxing," the source told BoxingScene.

Pavlik has been putting a hurt on his sparring partners and looks very sharp with still 5 more weeks till fight night. "Sparring is going great. He had one of the guys staggered with the ropes holding him up and that was in the first sparring session."

Pavlik looks to use this fight with Vera as a springboard back to the bigger fights he is used to having.

bump

Mosley Gives Margarito a Real Shot To Beat Pacquiao

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is giving Antonio Margarito a legit shot at beating Manny Pacquiao on November 13. They are set to fight for the vacant WBC junior middleweight title at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Mosley knocked out Margarito last January at Staples Center in California.

Mosley thinks the size difference and Margarito's activity level could be factors for an upset. Margarito will be the biggest and most active man that Pacquiao has been up against. The two fighters have claimed victories over Miguel Cotto and Joshua Clottey at the welterweight limit.

"It's an interesting fight. Margarito is a lot bigger than Pacquiao. He's strong. He has a very good chin and he also throws a lot of punches. Styles make fights," Mosley was quoted by Golzka.

Alex Ariza Takes Us Behind The Scenes of Camp Pacquiao

Margarito's Trainer: "Roach is Scared Pacquiao Will Lose!"

The pre-fight hype is building for*November's junior middleweight encounter between Manny Pacquiao*and Antonio Margarito. They are scheduled to fight on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

As expected, Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach is making predictions, taking shots at Margarito, and having his opinions quoted at every turn. There has been some discussion among members of the boxing press, that Roach is doing more talking than usual. Margarito's trainer, Robert Garcia, believes Roach is scared that his prize pupil will lose to Margarito.

"Freddie Roach is scared. Freddie Roach is scared right now. Freddie Roach is scared that we're going to beat Manny Pacquiao," Garcia told FanHouse.

Roach has closed off Pacquiao's remaining sparring sessions in the Philippines. Roach is worried about members of the press giving detailed sparring reports to the wrong people.

"I don't need that. Freddie Roach needs that. I know what my fighter has," Garcia said.

Margarito expects to break Pacquiao down with the much harder punches. He seems very sure that a single punch could close the show on Pacquiao.

"It could be anything, uppercuts , right hands, body shots - whatvery I can get him with could be anything," Margarito said.

Pacquiao Looks Sluggish in Sparring, Roach Not Pleased

MANILA—Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao looked far from impressive in six rounds of sparring against undefeated Glen Tapia and Michael Medina* at the Shape Up Gym in Baguio City Saturday.

Pacquiao, who drove down to Manila after his workout, went three rounds each with his sparring partners and didn’t look good from all accounts of those who were in the gym.

There were reports that he appeared tired after a couple of rounds, allowing Tapia (7-0, 5 KOs) and Medina (24-2-2, 19 KOs) to get the better of him*amidst growing concern among Team Pacquiao members that his constant travel to keep other appointments was wearing him down.

Pacquiao, who attended the Philippine Military Alumni Association Family Sportsfest last weekend at Camp Aguinaldo, is scheduled to lead* the oath-taking of runners in the 10.10.10 Pasig River run* today.

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz told BoxingScene.com/Inquirer that the boxing champ would also “take the day off on Monday” and remain in Manila because of a reported meeting with President Benigno Aquino III.

Koncz said Pacquiao, who is scheduled to fight Antonio Margarito on Nov. 13 in Texas for the WBC super welterweight title, would jog in the morning and run on the track later.

Some Team Pacquiao members said the two-day illness which caused him to skip training and his decision to keep on playing basketball in the evening while missing roadwork the next day are certain to affect his conditioning.

He has only had one or two sessions so far with strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza.

One of Pacquiao’s chiefs of staff Joe Ramos said Pacquiao’s sparring was “OK,” which was in stark contrast to the normal exuberant accounts by Team Pacquiao members of how well Manny sparred.

Sources said trainer Freddie Roach appeared to be upset over how the Pacquiao training camp is going.

Margarito's Trainer: Pacquiao Getting KO'd in Eleven

Trainer Robert Garcia is confident as he prepares ex-titlist Antonio Margarito (38-6, 27 knockouts) for his Nov. 13 fight with WBO welterweight champ Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KOs). The vacant WBC junior middleweight*crown will be on the line. Garcia has vowed to FanHouse that his fighter will stop Pacquiao in the eleventh round, which is the same round that Margarito stopped Miguel Cotto in 2008. Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach has predicted a knockout win in the eight round.

"[It will end with] an eleventh round knockout," Garcia said in a confident manner.

Garcia points out that neither he, or Roach, will be able to help their fighters in the ring. Once Pacquiao and Margarito get through the ropes and the first bell sounds, the hype will be over and the*fight will be in the hands of the boxers.

"You know, inside the ring it's going to be Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito. I'm not going to be able to help Margarito and Freddie Roach won't be able to do anything to help Pacquiao. We're going to give him instructions and come in with a gameplan but going against Freddie Roach is an honor because I'm going against someone who's the best and my fighter is also going against someone who's the best. It's just an honor to see how well we do. I hope we do well and pull it out," Garcia said.

Pacquiao/Margarito 24/7 premieres October 23

Antonio Margarito training diary

In Antonio Margarito's training diary, the boxer offers an overview of his preparations -- on both a personal and professional level -- for his Nov. 13 fight against Manny Pacquiao (HBO PPV). Margarito, who will fight in the United States for the first time since his year-long suspension, offers intimate details of his training camp in California and opens the doors to his gym for a lookat his intense daily routine.

Don't forget: Pacquiao/Margarito 24/7 premieres Saturday night

Kelly Pavlik Injured, Withdraws From Pacquiao Card

Former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik has suffered a rib injury in training*and notified the necessary parties that he is unable to move forward with his scheduled fight with Brian Vera on the Manny Pacquiao-Antonio Margarito card on November 13*at Cowboys Stadium in Texas. Pavlik was going to face Vera at a catch-weight of 164-pounds in what might have been a springboard to a March HBO showdown with IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Pavlik wanted to get his career back on track after losing his middleweight crown to Sergio Martinez in April. Canadian scribe Angel Fernandez first reported the story on Pavlik's injury.