• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Notre Dame de Paris is on fire

1040757151.jpg

The spire has fallen. Notre Dame is no more

notre-dame-de-paris-puzzle-1000-pieces.63566-1.fs.jpg

Firefighters say it could have ben caused by renovations.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I had to check the news for myself. I still cannot really believe it. I remember visiting Paris, 15 years ago, and seeing this beautiful building myself.

Maybe we should look at it like this: The damage is severe, but the main building is intact.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Shocking pictures/news. :(

georges

Staff member
FLAMES LIGHT UP PARIS AS NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL BURNSFLAMES LIGHT UP PARIS AS NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL BURNS
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/15/...ush&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campaign=push

WHY COULDN’T FIREFIGHTERS DOUSE THE FLAMES OF NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL?
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/15/firefighters-notre-dame-cathedral/

FIREFIGHTERS ‘NOT SURE’ IF THEY CAN CONTAIN NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL FIRE
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/15/firefighters-notre-dame-fire/

SHEP SMITH SHUTS DOWN FRENCH COMMENTATOR FROM SPECULATING TERROR IS BEHIND NOTRE DAME FIRE
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/15/shep-smith-france-notre-dame-cathedral-fire/

I don't think this fire is accidental.

I too have doubts abouts that fire being accidental. But it's too early to make any speculations.

On one side with the fact that radical islam had already targeted the cathedral about 2 years ago, in December 2016. The attack was prevented. We alos know that these assholes like to target dates, places or people that are symbolic of our western civilisation. An attack, on a major christian building, a few days before Easter, would make sense from them.

On the other side, about 50 years ago, in 1972, the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul of Nantes was heavily damaged in a fire caused by renovations so I guess the same thing happening to Notre Dame wouldn't be that surprising.

Again, it's too early to draw any conclusions but all options are to be considered equally.

Trump suggested airborne water droping. It's not something that's possible : we're talking about a nearly 750 years old building, with its frame work made of wood. Such technique could help to tame the fire but would cause huge damages to the building

Trump suggested airborne water droping. It's not something that's possible : we're talking about a nearly 750 years old building, with its frame work made of wood. Such technique could help to tame the fire but would cause huge damages to the building

This is the same guy who suggested California invest in rakes :facepalm:

If Notre Dame Church got rid of the hunchback and his pigeon shit (fertilizer) the Muslim terrorists that threw pork fat explosive gels wouldn't have caused such act of destruction. At all.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
This is terrible. I mean that as I love and respect history.

The media right out of the gate is mentioning isis and terrorism.
I hope this isn't what I hope it isn't.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
This is terrible. I mean that as I love and respect history.

The media right out of the gate is mentioning isis and terrorism.
I hope this isn't what I hope it isn't.

I heard that some kind of renovation was going on. Speculation is that something went wrong.

Tragedy is something that brings people together. The French will find their own way. It will be in a great way.

Notre-Dame blaze: Main structure and towers of iconic cathedral 'saved' after spire and roof collapse

Fire rips through famed cathedral
Paris landmark's main structure 'has been saved'
Macron vows to rebuild

French firefighters have won an hours-long battle to save the main structure of Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris, after a colossal fire caused the spire of the historic edifice to crash to the ground and wiped out centuries of heritage.

French President Emmanuel Macron vowed that "we will rebuild" Notre-Dame and expressed relief that "the worst had been avoided" in a fire that risked bringing the entire edifice down.

The fire destroyed the roof of the 850-year-old UNESCO world heritage landmark, whose spectacular Gothic spire collapsed before the eyes of horrified onlookers.
The fire, which came as Catholics prepare to celebrate Easter, sent orange flames and clouds of grey smoke billowing into the sky as stunned Parisians and tourists watched on in horror.

As darkness fell, some 400 firefighters then battled to control the fire and save at least its iconic front towers. They finally gained the upper hand as midnight approached and, after burning for about 8 hours, the fire was largely extinguished by 3am on Tuesday.
Paris fire brigade chief Jean-Claude Gallet said "we can consider that the main structure of Notre-Dame has been saved and preserved" as well as the two towers.
"This is really sad - the saddest thing I've ever stood and watched in my life," said British tourist Sam Ogden, a 50-year-old onlooker, who had come to visit the cathedral with her family.

The cause of the blaze was not immediately confirmed. The cathedral had been undergoing intense restoration work which the fire service said could be linked to the blaze.
French prosecutors said the blaze was being treated as an "involuntary" fire, indicating that foul play was ruled out for now.
Last week, dramatic footage had shown workers removing 16 copper statues from the spire which was undergoing a revamp financed by the state and private donors.

Deputy Paris mayor Emmanuel Gregoire told the channel that workers were scrambling "to save all the artworks that can be saved."
Visibly emotional, Mr Macron said while the "worst had been avoided" and the facade and two towers saved "the next hours will be difficult".
Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said he felt a "sadness beyond words" but added the fire services "were still fighting... heroically, to save what can be saved".
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-47943453/notre-dame-fire-structure-saved-after-huge-fire

I think we can scrap the possibility that the fire was caused by some terror attack : radical muslims always claims responsability for their attacks. No one, individual or organisation, claimed responsability for that fire. As time passes the probability of a dramatic accident seems more and more likely

Already several fundraising campaigns have started to gather money to finance the reconstruction.

In case soe of you guys would like to participate : https://don.fondation-patrimoine.or...=form_109.10.128.93_5cb5fb 46b62585.44686876

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Lots of white smoke again. What burns white like that?

notre-dame-fire.jpg

2019-04-15T180349Z_1_LYNXNPEF3E18B_RTROPTP_4_NOTREDAME-FIRE.jpg

Every picture I've seen is white smoke.
This giant building burning so fast and over such space. This thing is big. Big church. The amount of it that burned is tough to believe.
I hope this beautiful building wasn't sacrificed. And I hope another iconic old structure doesn't get destroyed soon.
April 15-20 is historically a bad time.

Lots of white smoke again.
Habemus Papam !

What burns white like that?
I'm pretty sure you would have asked the same question had the smoke been black. The truth is neither me nor you are experts on fire, especially fire from medieval constructions. So instead a picking any random detail and asking about it as if it was clearly suspicious, do some research, find the answers to these questions you're raising.

The fire was mostly on the roof of the cathedrale. It's framework was made of wood, oak to be specific. Now, when wood burns, what colours is the smoke ?
628ee381b835f74ff4cad7506569c51e_M.jpg

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
building fires are usually black. Sometimes very dark gray. Not usually pure white.
And you said yourself you doubt it was accidental.
Top that off with the lying treasonous news media talking about ISIS right out of the gate, immediately.
Like it was part of a ...............script?
Once I hear ISIS I know something is rotten.
Because I know what ISIS really is.

At this point I don't know.

building fires are usually black. Sometimes very dark gray. Not usually pure white.
Stone building fire smokes are black. Wood building fire smokes are white
https://archive.triblive.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/vndbarnfire1105174.jpg
And you said yourself you doubt it was accidental.
I was think about terrorism. Due to the fact that it happened around easter and that Notre Dame had alreadby targetted by some terror attacks two years ago. But the fact that no terrorist organisation or people claimed responsability for the fire makes me think that it was accidental.
Top that off with the lying treasonous news media talking about ISIS right out of the gate, immediately.
Like it was part of a ...............script?
Once I hear ISIS I know something is rotten.
Because I know what ISIS really is.
Except some radical right-wingers, no one here talked (in the medias) about the fire as an act of terrorism. And even those who did were quickly called out as islamophobes. Even Marine Le Pen never said it could be terrorism.

georges

Staff member
Last edited:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Stone building fire smokes are black. Wood building fire smokes are white
https://archive.triblive.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/vndbarnfire1105174.jpg
I was think about terrorism. Due to the fact that it happened around easter and that Notre Dame had alreadby targetted by some terror attacks two years ago. But the fact that no terrorist organisation or people claimed responsability for the fire makes me think that it was accidental.
Except some radical right-wingers, no one here talked (in the medias) about the fire as an act of terrorism. And even those who did were quickly called out as islamophobes. Even Marine Le Pen never said it could be terrorism.

Ok so what are we arguing about? What is it I said that you say is incorrect?
"Stone buildings fires are Black, Wood fires are White"
What part of your ass did you pull that one from? I'm not going to argue with you about it.

So you thought it was 'MUSLIM TERRORISM" but because no Muslims "claimed responsibility" now you think it was an accident.
Ok. Good thing you are not a Fire Inspector.

I saw several msm news headlines that had the word ISIS in it. They were throwing Muslims in the mix.They were throwing that in the mix very early on along with every other possible bullshit thing they could think of.
This is a common tactic they use: "Report" as much bullshit as they can to confuse the peasants so they don't know what the fuck to think.

And why would it be "Islamophobic" to be suspicious of Muslims all of a sudden?
Fuck, our Governments and the controlled media have blamed them for everything for the last 20 years. When did it suddenly become islamophobic?
When they told you it was?

Personally me and an ever growing number of Earthlings don't believe that MUSLIM TERRORISM exists and that everything they been blamed for the past 20 years was done by israel as a means to put 2 entire groups in conflict with each other while they sit back and watch and reap all the while "fanning the flames". That means encouraging it.

Either way when one of the most important buildings in the world that has existed for 800 years suddenly burns up I can't help but become a bit suspicioso.

So what are we debating about again, I forgot?