• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Not even at $10 a gallon ?

Facetious

Moderated
Ky. Senator attempts to find the parameters for which the majority dems will allow the clean drilling of this nations very own off shore oil resources. . .

Watch

Have a nice f'en 5 weeks off mr salazar ! :thefinger

1) objection opening up the idea to drilling in general
2) objection at $4.50 per gallon
3) objection at $7.50 per gallon
and finally objection $10.00 per gallon.

Pure unadulterated politics . . that's your democratic party.

Once again, for the record - I am not a republican, I am not a libertarian. I'm a non partisan who keenly observes . . and votes . . .maybe.

Ky. Senator attempts to find the parameters for which the majority dems will allow the clean drilling of this nations very own off shore oil resources. . .

Democrats are responsible for $4.00 a gallon gasoline. No offshore drilling. No new refineries. No nuclear power plants. No drilling in Alaska (save the 2 fucking polar bears every 200 square miles.)
Can't blame Bush for this one!

Democrats are responsible for $4.00 a gallon gasoline. No offshore drilling. No new refineries. No nuclear power plants. No drilling in Alaska (save the 2 fucking polar bears every 200 square miles.)
Can't blame Bush for this one!

Also, no coal development. Vote Democrat? I don't think so.

clean drilling

never, because such a thing doesn't exist.

people have a hard time understanding that if it's not good for the environment, then it's bad for it. less bad doesn't mean good, it means what it is.

and where do you think all this shit is going to come from? you're the one that is always bitching about government spending. it's not gonna pay for itself and I don't see a way that a large upfront investment for new infastructure that won't yield profits for another decade is going to help the economy.

and even if it did, why would oil companies want to do things to make gasoline cheaper for people? I'm no rocket scientist here, but I thought that they were trying to make money, not run a charity.

as long as they can still sell it, the less there is, the greater the demand, the higher prices, the better for them.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I'm sure you guys are experts on this subject.:rolleyes: So I'll just let you tell everyone how it is.

There's a joke I always keep in the back of my mind for occasions such as this:

A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane, when the stranger turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, "What would you like to talk about?"

Oh, I don' t know," said the stranger. "Nuclear Power?"

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass, the same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The stranger thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"

Tell me when it's perfect alright for a person to go into their backyard and fuck it up. Make a mess, piss off the neighbors, disturb the peace and environment.. etc.

Not usually. Domestic oil is much more than one person's backyard. Also.. blaming all democrats for price changes? Whew, I love it when people just pick a scapegoat and really run with it!

Watch

Have a nice f'en 5 weeks off mr salazar ! :thefinger

1) objection opening up the idea to drilling in general
2) objection at $4.50 per gallon
3) objection at $7.50 per gallon
and finally objection $10.00 per gallon.

Pure unadulterated politics . . that's your democratic party.

Once again, for the record - I am not a republican, I am not a libertarian. I'm a non partisan who keenly observes . . and votes . . .maybe.

Ok, that's fine, I buy that. What percentage of the time do you agree with the way the Republican party votes (as a bloc) in Congress? My guess is that you agree with them at least 75% of the time. No??

Facetious

Moderated
never, because such a thing doesn't exist.

people have a hard time understanding that if it's not good for the environment, then it's bad for it. less bad doesn't mean good, it means what it is.

and where do you think all this shit is going to come from? you're the one that is always bitching about government spending. it's not gonna pay for itself and I don't see a way that a large upfront investment for new infastructure that won't yield profits for another decade is going to help the economy.

and even if it did, why would oil companies want to do things to make gasoline cheaper for people? I'm no rocket scientist here, but I thought that they were trying to make money, not run a charity.

as long as they can still sell it, the less there is, the greater the demand, the higher prices, the better for them.

This is a rather dialectical argument.

Seriously, Salazar's intent is not based on the preservation of the environment, it's about keeping all Americans equally pissed at the pub party 'till after the election. It's classic obstruction of natural resource availability ! It's so plain to see.

The dems should be absolutely murdering the pubs in all of the polls and they are not ! This "hold out" helps shore up the dem party shortfalls. - It's a day to day dead heat (between the two senators) therefore, in the best interest of the dem party - by all means necessary - Keep Oil Prices Elevated, in this case, under the guise of "earth friendliness"..

Doh !!!

we should colonize the oil-rich nations and deport the arabs to the USA as slave labourers, that way the oil price can drop to let's say 20 % of its current level. Our highly developed agriculture could turn the former arab world into a true garden of Eden and our oil supply is guaranteed. If we don't do this within 20 years the chinese will come to do it before us. Mark my word

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass, the same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The stranger thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"[/B][/I]

A deer poops pellets because it's excretion is dominated by the colon which pushes them out into the rectum rhythmically, leading to uniform shape and size. Horse plops are not quite as uniform because the rectum and sphincter play a larger role. They are different from human feces because the horse's sphincter is open for shorter periods of time and the diet is more fibrous.
A cow is a ruminant with "four stomachs" and enlarged cecum resulting in a different digestive process and therefore leaving the more heavily digested slurry of patty shaped dung. (Thank you Straight Dope)

I was afraid we wouldn't be able to discuss anything again until we could prove that we understand shit properly. ;)

Now that that is out of the way... my :2 cents:
Both political parties "play politics" for selfish gain. This particular issue is a great way for them to attempt to influence the public or to get people animated behind their respective candidates / causes. Unfortunately none of them seem to have a very viable short term solution.

* Unless someone can convince me otherwise, from what I have read the refining capacity and other constraints will not allow offshore drilling to reduce gas prices for at least another 15 years and even then not significantly.

* Unless some new information comes to light, green technologies while necessary will not be able to propagate or mature quickly enough to have a large impact on America's significant energy needs in the short run particularly with respect to transportation fuels.

While the final result of these wranglings will probably be a compromise to allow some offshore oil drilling while at the same time ending some tax breaks for oil companies, this isn't going to significantly help prices at the pump near term.

It looks like we are stuck with higher gas prices for now regardless. This is really due to the inactivity of both parties (and the general public) on this issue for decades up until the present.

Whether that situation is the result of Big Oil impeding the transition to more environmentally friendly technologies and infrastructures or due to under-informed overzealous liberal opposition to the expansion of technologies such as nuclear or ethanol or clubbed baby seal oil is another discussion entirely.

sigh...
Freeones has hit a new low. Now even if someone searches "horse's sphincter" they will get results. :eek: :ban:

Ahh the same old blame the dems and drill,drill, drill nonsense.The problem of energy prices usage etc. is not a problem of political party's really it is a problem caused by the very people now complaining about it, the average american.

1. The US and it's people ignored all the warning signs that this was coming and continued on their merry way of owning big houses,big cars and trucks and just continued the much higher rate than other developed countries of consumption.Kept importing more and more oil to feed that,no political party made them do that.

2.The reason we have not drilled along our coasts is the people of those coastal states no matter what political ideology they beleived in did not want it.States were worred about spills and devastation of tourist industry which in those places is much more lucrative than any revenue from the drilling would be.

3. And we do plenty of drilling in Alaska,what do people think that pipileine is for.And remember that stuff that washed up on the beaches when the tanker the Exxon Valdez ran aground.That was good ole black gold,texas tea lol.

4.You can drill all you want in Anwar,off shore etc and the amount gotten will be negligible compared to the amount we consume.

5. And this thing about the dems are the ones who have prevented new refinery's is total nonsense. The oil companies when asked not that long ago in congressional hearings if they needed new refinining capacity and the answer was no.They had increased capacity at some of the existing refinerys already and lets face it they do not want a situation with too much capacity and having tight suppys of crude and refined does work to their favor in keeping prices at higher levels.So unless you want the govt to take over building refinerys ,it's not going to happen since the oil companies have no interest in doing it themselves.

4.Nuclear power is another one where the lack of development and construction is on the majority of people.Sure enviormentalist groups were against them but so was large % of general population.Nobody wanted one near them ,were afraid of the waste probalem etc.That really is the big problem here and the political parties were just reflections of it not leading it.Everbody wants a utopia of cheap energy,no risks to beaches with drilling,no nuke plant and potential 3 mile Island or China Syndrome near them etc.

5 Lets get to what IMO is the real problem.We must decrease dramatically the use of fossil fuels like oil,gas and coal no matter where it comes from.I actually don't care if we drill off shore and in anwar those enviormental worrys and dangers are temporary and local as where the continued burning and release of Co2 is changing the enviorment on a global scale.Anyone who advocates anything else than reduction is really sentencing the planet to changes that will be dramatic and devastating.If thats what you are willing to do to have slighly cheaper short term energy costs as our consumption increase will still make prices rise even with that drilling fine, but own up to what you are advocating please.

6. My point is everyone is to blame.A real leader and I will admit I see very little of that from anywhere would tell the people look you gotta get serious and make some hard maybe even painfull choices.The days of cheap energy (oil )are over and the consquences of its continued use are profound envioementally.No answer to that is without some risks or downsides(nuclear has risks,wind farms are unattractive) but the result of doing nothing is continued higher costs and again devastating changes to our enviorment.

7. But that leader will need a serious reasonable aware public to speak to or he will be but a voice in the wilderness fighting both the drill, drill drill, crowd who says were not cutting back and conserving as well as the enviormental groups who are offering the utopia of we can just conserve our way out of it which is also ridiculous,but I need to add them alone could not have prevented things like nuclear plants without the support of the soccer moms/dads who all said "not in my backyard"

8. So if you want someone to blame, instead of the dems or even the pubs try the people themselves.But this nonsense that whats going now or proposed now is going to have some immediate effect on any of it is just that, nonsense.Theere are things we should do like conservation,massive expansion of nuclear and wind etc but none of that is short term,so stop whining the prices are here to stay for now.The dems are right to say that they oppose these drilling and other proposals at any price level as they are not any real solution no matter what the price is.You aren't drilling your way out of this and even if you could you don't want to.

Facetious

Moderated
The polls now reveal that Floridan's are ready to drill off shore.

It's always OK to drill somewhere else around the world, but not in my backyard huh ?
That's a good way to piss off the intl community ! They'll resent that we're holding our supplies, all the while, helping deplete the worlds sources.

And many of you guy have this vision, that you can't quite let go of, that we're still using steam powered crude mechanization with which to drill & extract oil. You should see the modern clean advances in petro drilling these days. Schlumberger is a leader in this tech.

and friday, I'm sorry ! it is politics and it wouldn't pay you dividends to admit it . . I understand. :tongue:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Ahh the same old blame the dems and drill,drill, drill nonsense.The problem of energy prices usage etc. is not a problem of political party's really it is a problem caused by the very people now complaining about it, the average american.

1. The US and it's people ignored all the warning signs that this was coming and continued on their merry way of owning big houses,big cars and trucks and just continued the much higher rate than other developed countries of consumption.Kept importing more and more oil to feed that,no political party made them do that.

2.The reason we have not drilled along our coasts is the people of those coastal states no matter what political ideology they beleived in did not want it.States were worred about spills and devastation of tourist industry which in those places is much more lucrative than any revenue from the drilling would be.

3. And we do plenty of drilling in Alaska,what do people think that pipileine is for.And remember that stuff that washed up on the beaches when the tanker the Exxon Valdez ran aground.That was good ole black gold,texas tea lol.

4.You can drill all you want in Anwar,off shore etc and the amount gotten will be negligible compared to the amount we consume.

5. And this thing about the dems are the ones who have prevented new refinery's is total nonsense. The oil companies when asked not that long ago in congressional hearings if they needed new refinining capacity and the answer was no.They had increased capacity at some of the existing refinerys already and lets face it they do not want a situation with too much capacity and having tight suppys of crude and refined does work to their favor in keeping prices at higher levels.So unless you want the govt to take over building refinerys ,it's not going to happen since the oil companies have no interest in doing it themselves.

4.Nuclear power is another one where the lack of development and construction is on the majority of people.Sure enviormentalist groups were against them but so was large % of general population.Nobody wanted one near them ,were afraid of the waste probalem etc.That really is the big problem here and the political parties were just reflections of it not leading it.Everbody wants a utopia of cheap energy,no risks to beaches with drilling,no nuke plant and potential 3 mile Island or China Syndrome near them etc.

5 Lets get to what IMO is the real problem.We must decrease dramatically the use of fossil fuels like oil,gas and coal no matter where it comes from.I actually don't care if we drill off shore and in anwar those enviormental worrys and dangers are temporary and local as where the continued burning and release of Co2 is changing the enviorment on a global scale.Anyone who advocates anything else than reduction is really sentencing the planet to changes that will be dramatic and devastating.If thats what you are willing to do to have slighly cheaper short term energy costs as our consumption increase will still make prices rise even with that drilling fine, but own up to what you are advocating please.

6. My point is everyone is to blame.A real leader and I will admit I see very little of that from anywhere would tell the people look you gotta get serious and make some hard maybe even painfull choices.The days of cheap energy (oil )are over and the consquences of its continued use are profound envioementally.No answer to that is without some risks or downsides(nuclear has risks,wind farms are unattractive) but the result of doing nothing is continued higher costs and again devastating changes to our enviorment.

7. But that leader will need a serious reasonable aware public to speak to or he will be but a voice in the wilderness fighting both the drill, drill drill, crowd who says were not cutting back and conserving as well as the enviormental groups who are offering the utopia of we can just conserve our way out of it which is also ridiculous,but I need to add them alone could not have prevented things like nuclear plants without the support of the soccer moms/dads who all said "not in my backyard"

8. So if you want someone to blame, instead of the dems or even the pubs try the people themselves.But this nonsense that whats going now or proposed now is going to have some immediate effect on any of it is just that, nonsense.Theere are things we should do like conservation,massive expansion of nuclear and wind etc but none of that is short term,so stop whining the prices are here to stay for now.The dems are right to say that they oppose these drilling and other proposals at any price level as they are not any real solution no matter what the price is.You aren't drilling your way out of this and even if you could you don't want to.

Thanks for saving me a shitload of writing on this subject, FOMM!

:thumbsup:

The polls now reveal that Floridan's are ready to drill off shore.

It's always OK to drill somewhere else around the world, but not in my backyard huh ?
That's a good way to piss off the intl community ! They'll resent that we're holding our supplies, all the while, helping deplete the worlds sources.

And many of you guy have this vision, that you can't quite let go of, that we're still using steam powered crude mechanization with which to drill & extract oil. You should see the modern clean advances in petro drilling these days. Schlumberger is a leader in this tech.

and friday, I'm sorry ! it is politics and it wouldn't pay you dividends to admit it . . I understand. :tongue:

Explain to me how with the polls showing most people are in favor of the drilling it is good politics for the dems to be seen as opposing that?????
It is actually a sign of some leadership that says you folks may think drilling would really help but it won't so we are not in favor of it.If there is any politics in play here its all on the pub side with them pandering to the ignorant public who are in favor of such.Thats why McCain is now flip flopping on the drilling he see's political gain in it.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
They will eventually drill. Trust me. Once all the other oil supplies start to run low, they'll drill. In fact there is already a test pipe in the ground in alaska.

The very simple fact is that as SOON as the President said that he would in NO WAY stand in the way of drilling for our oil, the price started dropping and has been dropping, at about the same rate is rose, for over two weeks now.

It is speculators and SUPPLY and DEMAND. Now you have the liberals/democrats screaming "we can't drill our way out of this" while standing in the way of any REALISTIC way of improving the situation in this country. They want things JUST EXACTLY the way they are to try to keep the American People angry (wrongly) at the Republicans.

The whole thing is a political game and the stunt these lowlifes pulled yesterday was exactly the reason I have absolutely NO respect for liberals/democrats.

They act like spoiled little brats when someone disagrees with them. They can not be wrong, no matter how wrong they are. They are pathetic. They are spineless little bitches who need to ALL be removed from office for abandonment of their post. To leave in the MIDDLE of a debate and shut off all the lights and walk away is absolutely ridiculous, ESPECIALLY in the middle of something this important.

Guess I'll go air up my tires and stick some plugs in my car. According to the messiah obama that is all I have to do to cut my gas use in half!

What a dumbass idiot moron!!! I have said it before, I can NOT believe that this guy, who has only served 143 days as a senator and is so inexperienced as a politician, has this many people who take him seriously.

This country is in SERIOUS trouble when that happens! The country has apparently finally been dumbed down to the point that people are incapable of rational thought.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
This country is in SERIOUS trouble when that happens!

And just what kind of trouble are we in right now?

Of course, what the fuck do I know? I'm just a lowlife, deserving-of-no-respect liberal. It's all my fault anyway, right? Too bad Bush can't run for a third term.....he'd get us out of this mess.

The very simple fact is that as SOON as the President said that he would in NO WAY stand in the way of drilling for our oil, the price started dropping and has been dropping, at about the same rate is rose, for over two weeks now.

It is speculators and SUPPLY and DEMAND. Now you have the liberals/democrats screaming "we can't drill our way out of this" while standing in the way of any REALISTIC way of improving the situation in this country. They want things JUST EXACTLY the way they are to try to keep the American People angry (wrongly) at the Republicans.

The whole thing is a political game and the stunt these lowlifes pulled yesterday was exactly the reason I have absolutely NO respect for liberals/democrats.

They act like spoiled little brats when someone disagrees with them. They can not be wrong, no matter how wrong they are. They are pathetic. They are spineless little bitches who need to ALL be removed from office for abandonment of their post. To leave in the MIDDLE of a debate and shut off all the lights and walk away is absolutely ridiculous, ESPECIALLY in the middle of something this important.

Guess I'll go air up my tires and stick some plugs in my car. According to the messiah obama that is all I have to do to cut my gas use in half!

What a dumbass idiot moron!!! I have said it before, I can NOT believe that this guy, who has only served 143 days as a senator and is so inexperienced as a politician, has this many people who take him seriously.

This country is in SERIOUS trouble when that happens! The country has apparently finally been dumbed down to the point that people are incapable of rational thought.

The price drop was caused by projections of less demand by the Saudis.A country like the US which has 2-3 % of world oil reserves can announce anything it wants,that isn't going to move prices.
And no one given those amount of reserves thinks we can "drill our way out" except for a few right wing whacks.Most pubs just say it needs to be part of a general plan which includes more drilling,alternatives, conservation,and nuclear.
As I said in my earlier post really the country needs to get serious and stop wishing for pie in the sky solutions.You aint never gonna see cheap gas again so start thinking what the best method is to deal with that instead of asking politicians to make it like it used to be which is impossible.
Thats why I have very little respect for conservatives and republicans,they keep trying to play Santa and promise things that just are not realistic.
People were nuts in the 80s when they bought that crap from Reagan that it could be morning in america again and there was really nothing to worry about.Thats what they wanted to hear and now we pay the price for not having taken steps then to deal with what every serious person knew was coming,which is tightening supplies of resources and growing demand which was not escapable and is still not.
And the last thing is you make no mention of the need for us to move away from oil due to the Co2 problem but I'm sure you just think climate change is some liberal lie lol.Keep that up and conservatives won't hold hardly any elected office in the country because most people know the truth of it.

People were nuts in the 80s when they bought that crap from Reagan that it could be morning in america again and there was really nothing to worry about.Thats what they wanted to hear and now we pay the price for not having taken steps then to deal with what every serious person knew was coming,which is tightening supplies of resources and growing demand which was not escapable and is still not.

The first thing Reagan did as president was to remove the solar panels Carter had installed in the White House. To me this is the start of the energy crisis.

The first thing Reagan did as president was to remove the solar panels Carter had installed in the White House. To me this is the start of the energy crisis.

Yep for all the bashing he takes Carter really did try to tell us what was coming.Sat there in his sweater and said this thing with the opec embargo is only temporary but the problem of dependancy on oil is not going to go away when the embargo does.That we had to start conserving and get more efficent and needed to look at other forms of energy.But again that was not what people wanted to hear so they ignored it.But its all those politicians fault.:rolleyes: