• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Nortons anti-virus sucks

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
Norton sets itself up on the browser. It makes intrusive announcements. It uses too much. Kapersky works quietly doing the job.
If I can suggest - you probably know - monthly defragging helps keep the P.C. run smoothly and the antivirus run faster. :)

Namreg

Banned
So I get a virus on my supposedly protected machine. Norton tells me they can fix it but it will cost me an extra 100.00 to do it. They can kiss my ass before I shell out yet even more cash for their worthless product.

norton has always sucked. it uses up a lot of system resources, slowing down your machine, but it doesn't really protect you. the best programs are free ones (no pun intended...), take a look here:
http://gulwestfale.net/freeprograms/securitytools.html

Personal computers suck period.

The fact that a 'virus' can't instantly be identified and deleted from your computer says a lot about the inferiority of the product. I have a gut feeling that the people who charge you $100 to service your infected computer are the people who come up with viruses in the first place.

Computers are so easily corruptible, it's hard to believe makers can't come up with a better solution... except maybe they don't want to.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I have AVG. It has spyware, email scanner, link scanner, etc. I like it a lot and it does do the job. The only thing is the updater sometimes is screwy, but it does not affect the program. I recommend AVG.

So I get a virus on my supposedly protected machine. Norton tells me they can fix it but it will cost me an extra 100.00 to do it. They can kiss my ass before I shell out yet even more cash for their worthless product.

Yeah Norton was and always will be a shitty product. All these anti-virus programs are getting really shit. You know...I might as well buy a Mac to prevent myself from getting viruses.

Namreg

Banned
Personal computers suck period.

The fact that a 'virus' can't instantly be identified and deleted from your computer says a lot about the inferiority of the product. I have a gut feeling that the people who charge you $100 to service your infected computer are the people who come up with viruses in the first place.

Computers are so easily corruptible, it's hard to believe makers can't come up with a better solution... except maybe they don't want to.

how exactly could they? and who are "they", exactly?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

That's what I believe. Someone should look into that. ;)

ive had Norton on my comp since day 1, i tried to download new version when it expired-sent my computer haywire!, i ended up spending about 2 hours with remote operator in Canada, (im in England !) a very nice man -I must say!., that cost me £40. Didnt fix the problem. Eventually i did a complete recovery programme-back to as purchased condition, when re started i got free Norton security for another 90 days!