• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Nintendo Wii

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I rather spend 250$ for a copy of windows vista ultimate and play like 3-4 generations of technology a head were Wii stands. Its not even on a pentium 4 scale in terms off hardware. So there is no room for developer to really do anything spectacular with that console. Have you seen farcry for Wii? it looks like its some freeware game that runs on a cellphone. wii is a toy and brings nothing to the hardware/game industry, hell nintendo could friggen hand out sportsgear and labourtools and call it the next gen console. Atleast you cant complain about the graphics then. Because its all about the control no one cares about the actuall console or the games but people just wants to smash that tennisball or do some other lame stuff GET THE HELL OUT and do that for like FREE and stop hyping up a machine that does it for you because its a lame piece of console.

While I absolutely agree with you, this is .. sadly.. and truly.. the Steve Jobs style era. (Apple)

The console doesnt appeal to people who actually know what gaming means. True.

Same as a 400$ PC means a waste of 380$ to anyone who knows what a true computer is.

But the days where myself.. a true geek.. can bash on the *rare* person who buys a computer and doesnt know how to use it.. are long since over. These days you can order a comp in different colors, and the operating systems are geared more toward user friendliness ~AND~ aesthetic looks.

Back in the day, you could use a unix OS and have whatever apps/games you want at your disposal. But windows is the premiere gaming OS, at least.. thats where the developers and customers are. Sure, you'll find a few ports of major games. But often, those ports are used as dedicated servers rather than true gaming platforms.

So likemindedly.. why did people buy playstation 2's?! The dreamcast was more powerful and had incredibly fun, UNIQUE games. The PS2 had ultimate hype but abysmally small memory to back up its claims. Castrated by small RAM and no texture compression. :shakes head: Just pathetic.

Now the Wii comes along and one party says that Nintendo is focusing on the games, because games make the experience. Not HD resolution and 7.1 Audio.

Admittedly.. that could've been true.. except the controller is as unorthodox as they come. The power is .. as I understand it.. just an upgrade beyond the GameCube. The games.. are hit/miss widely. They're fun, sure. But short term fun. The graphics dont impress. The controller gets old fast. The console doesnt play movies of any generation. From DVD5 to HD/Blu.

(Btw, did anyone else besides myself know that HD-DVD's protection is already cracked? LMAO!)

A true gamer wants impressive hardware to start with, THEN games that are classics. On a standard controller. PS2 controller is perfect, almost. I'd add a throttle and maybe 2 extra buttons to the X, triangle, box, circle pad. ANYWAY.

PS3 isnt selling. Wii isnt impressing. I dont know what to say. Just buy a computer.

the wii is great!! how many games can you play were you are all 4 players on a doubles court? very confusing, if you win a point have you really won?!?!

i've only played wii play and wii sports but ive seen ppl play medal of honour and zelda. i've got way to much work to play zelda, looks very addictive.
play and sports are great games.

Nintendo Wii is a very good console :D but PS3 too xD

I want a Wii and a PS3:1orglaugh

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
I'll be gettin a Wii soon. Some traffic tickets pushed back my expected date of purchase. :mad:

I'll be gettin a Wii soon. Some traffic tickets pushed back my expected date of purchase. :mad:

lol. Sorry to hear about those traffic tickets man. Dude, my budy works in EB Games and there was actually a fight in the mall parking lot over a guy who got a Wii before someone. It was really bad. I think it's a great little system, but on the other hand, it's just a video game. Ya know?

The thing about nintendo is that they seemed to get very bored very quickly with there games and leave it to 3rd parties to release the games for them. When the Snes came out, and, i did infact buy one and it came with Super Mario World (which in my view is still the best video game ever) but after that the price of the games were very high, prices of up to £55.95 for a new game, compared to the MegaDrive, which was out at the same time which had games at £29.99. Then along came the N64, which seemed to come and ago in about a year, then came the very disapointing Gamecube, ok soom of the games were good, and of course most of the games were not. Also, over here in the UK, and i don't know if any other UK residents have noticed this, but you go into any game shops, you will see walls of PS2 and XBOX 360 games, or at the time of the Gamecube XBOX games, and only a small section of Nintendo titles. And now we have the Wii, ok you can dowmload old games which is a very good idea that Nintendo have come up with, but with the wireless controller the games are going to be very limited and you can't play dvd's and with none of the games appearing in HD i think Nintendo are in for a very rough ride with the likes of the Xbox 360 and the PS3.