• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
How about the Dallas Stars? Going for five wins in a row tonight against Calgary.

It would be a shame for Dallas not to make the playoffs after the way they have been playing (Though Dallas making the post-season means one less playoff spot for Columbus/Phoenix/Vancouver). Hope they can beat Calgary tonight.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
god this TB/NYI game is dull.

0-0 at end of 1. the ice sucks in the Coliseum and Tampa has no energy...it's the Islanders, not the Sharks! crush them!

Mauser98k

Closed Account
this is a completely unacceptable loss by the Lightning. that will do nothing to quell the rumors about Lecavalier being traded

this is a completely unacceptable loss by the Lightning. that will do nothing to quell the rumors about Lecavalier being traded

Ramo was god awful tonight , that doesn't help the team very much. I think it's pretty obvious now that he is not really made for the NHL. I say we should focus on Rikku helenius , Mike Mckenna and some day Dustin Tokarski. As for the season it's pretty much a lost cause now.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Ramo was god awful tonight , that doesn't help the team very much. I think it's pretty obvious now that he is not really made for the NHL. I say we should focus on Rikku helenius , Mike Mckenna and some day Dustin Tokarski. As for the season it's pretty much a lost cause now.

agreed on all. i was impressed with what i saw from Mckenna. especially when he made that save when it was a 3-1

oh and how about that goal we had taken because they called a penalty on St. Louis? for those of you keeping track, that's 4 disallowed goals on TB in 3 games

agreed on all. i was impressed with what i saw from Mckenna. especially when he made that save when it was a 3-1

oh and how about that goal we had taken because they called a penalty on St. Louis? for those of you keeping track, that's 4 disallowed goals on TB in 3 games

That's unbelievable to have 4 goals disallowed like that for no good reason. Did you see how Vinny defended Ramo when a player from the isles ran him over ? That's why he is the captain he always stands up for his teammates . Please god don't let those idiot owners trade him.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
That's unbelievable to have 4 goals disallowed like that for no good reason. Did you see how Vinny defended Ramo when a player from the isles ran him over ? That's why he is the captain he always stands up for his teammates . Please god don't let those idiot owners trade him.

yeah i saw that. when you think of the fighters on the TB team, Artyukhin, Koci, Downie and Malone all come to mind. people can forget that Lecavalier is always willing to stand up for his teammates. :cool:

for what it's worth, Brian Lawton has stated that it's a "pipe dream" for anybody to think we'd trade Vinny, so i'm going to chance it and take him at his word.

and if Smitty still isn't ready to go for tonights' game against the Penguins, Mckenna needs to get the nod.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Even though it was close to 2 a.m. when the Lightning arrived at the hotel in Pittsburgh this morning, the team went to the rink today for a meeting after last night’s disappointing loss against the Islanders. The roster continues to evolve today, with wing Gary Roberts coming off IR and inserted into the lineup tonight. Mike Smith goes on IR to make room, while Matt Pettinger and Ryan Craig look to be healthy scratches tonight. Marek Malik and Paul Szczechura remain on IR but skated this morning.

Jussi Jokinen departed the arena on his own before the meeting, and Lightning GM Brian Lawton said Jokinen is being placed on waivers and is returning to Tampa. We’ll know his fate by tomorrow at noon.

Goaltender Mike McKenna looked solid in relief last night, and for that he earned his first NHL start tonight. McKenna seems unflappable, which will be a good thing with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin staring him down tonight.

Interim Head Coach Rick Tocchet put the players on notice with his comments this morning.

“I didn't see desperation in some guys,” Tocchet said of last night’s loss. “I saw a little bit of a step back in some players.

“Now were playing a desperate team that lost last night. If the light bulb’s not on for some guys, we've got to make some decisions.”

hmmm. wouldn't it have made more sense to try to find a trade for Jussi?

PlasmaTwa2

Fuckin' Lightning. :rofl:

If McKenna is going to play like this, keep him in net. Nothing but a great game from him so far. The Penguins have been somewhat light on shots tonight, but still, only one goal against him so far.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Fuckin' Lightning. :rofl:

If McKenna is going to play like this, keep him in net. Nothing but a great game from him so far. The Penguins have been somewhat light on shots tonight, but still, only one goal against him so far.

well, Smitty should be our starter but Mckenna should be our back up.

and WTF is wrong with NHL officials? why the hell did he not call the play dead when he didn't get out of the way and had the puck bounce off him straight to a Penguin only to have the Penguins score?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
once again, we lose. we had a 3-0 lead going into the 3rd and we lose. first penguins goal was a good one. 2nd one should not have been a good one. how can you call it a good goal if the puck goes off a ref's skate, straight to an opposing player and they score? 3rd goal was good, but that should have been the end of it. thank you refs, once again.

PlasmaTwa2

once again, we lose. we had a 3-0 lead going into the 3rd and we lose. first penguins goal was a good one. 2nd one should not have been a good one. how can you call it a good goal if the puck goes off a ref's skate, straight to an opposing player and they score? 3rd goal was good, but that should have been the end of it. thank you refs, once again.

:1orglaugh I love how their performance goes downhill right after I posted that. I think I might be bad luck... :wave:

Wings pulled one out of their ass in a game that was called by Stevie Wonder and some other blind person. The calls against both teams were terrible.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
Wings pulled one out of their ass in a game that was called by Stevie Wonder and some other blind person. The calls against both teams were terrible.

i'm sick of the way officiating goes. they all need to have a training seminar on what to call and when. one game will be wide open with few calls and the very next will be like Tampa vs. Philly with 24 goddamn penalties in it

holding leads has not been a strongpoint for us this year. it's even harder when refs act retarded

It's even harder when you have 2 AHL goalies in the lineup . Mike Mckenna was good through the first 2 periods but in the third he showed why he is supposed to be in the AHL. I hate how we are left in the dark about injuries these days, I know Mike Smith has an upper body injury but I would like to know what kind of injury and if it's going to keep bothering him for a long time. Smitty has to come back soon because tampa doesn't stand a chance without him. The only good thing that could happen if Mike Smith misses more games is the fact that the Lightning still might have a chance at drafting John Tavares or Victor Hedman. On a completely different subject , the bolts have put Jussi Jokinen on waivers yesterday. I think that's a bad move because even though he wan't playing very well he added dept on offense. I really think another team is going to pick him up with his 1.8 million salary. It makes me wonder , is it the start of many other moves to come ?

Status
Not open for further replies.