• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pens +/- isn't as good because they had to go through the Flyers and then the Capitals, a much tougher road than the Blue Jackets and the Ducks, plus they've lost two more games than the Red Wings have overall, which is obviously going to adversely affect their +/-. Crosby only had 6 goals through 27 games last playoffs and already has 12 through 13 this playoffs, so his stats are nothing like they were last year. But you could be right about their defence and goaltending may be a factor, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens and whose prediction holds true. Man, I love the playoffs. :glugglug:

I will give you the Blue Jackets being a easier draw, but not the Flyers over the Ducks. The Ducks did beat a #1 seed and were a very solid team in the playoffs. We are also drawing a tougher seed with the Black Hawks vs even the hot Hurricanes.

You do make some solid points and we could argue to the cows come home or Stanley stays in Detroit! :glugglug:

I love the playoffs too! :hatsoff: Still allot of games for both teams to play!

Detroit always wins. Now, the Wild need to get some of their personel up there from the D to head down to the TC; they are doin' it right there. I swear they are just good every year. If only we could get some classics from Colorado like back in the days - late 90s'. No other team seems to be able to compete.

Only reason they sell out every game is because they are on the border of Windsor and get all those Canadiens coming over every game.

member979979

Closed Account
If the Pens and Wings repeat and Wings win for a 2nd time, I'm going to be pissed. All this time following the season and the playoffs will be a waste.

I think the Wings will take out the Hawks Wings in 5

Leafs Rule:rofl:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I know some of you maybe my friends here on the FO's message boards, and we agree on a lot of subjects, but when it comes the the NHL & my Detroit Red wings, I have to say some of you are totally talkin :bs: & need to STFU and stop all the hating.. cuz Fuckin haters kill me..

The RED WINGS play the playoffs just like every other team. So every year theres 7 other teams in the west that could BEAT the RED WINGS if they can beat them, So in essence theirs 8 teams that have the same opportunity too beat the RED WINGS if they can, so why people say the whole season / playoffs are a waste cuz none of them could dethrone a championship team. :ban2:

The RED WINGS always have to overcome the refs who are harder on them for the most part , So the Red wings beat the refs, cuz they overcome that crooked unfair shit the refs cause.. they out physical the so call superior physical teams. they out finesse, the finesse teams, they make perfect teams make mistakes, and they make really talented teams look like freshman, & the RED WINGS have done so without a 1st round pick since Martin Lapointe in the mid 90's...

1st We were accused of buying our championships like the NY Yankee's win theirs, They buy all the superior talent cuz they can, and they are allowed too. but since the NHL salary cap. the RED WINGS are still the cream of the crop.. So all you haters fuckin get over it. :thefinger

Then theirs some dense A$$ MF'ers who say DETROIT only sells out cuz all the Canadians come across the border. :rolleyes::uohs: Maybe (1 or 2%) of the fans that jam the JLA are Canadians that travel between the 2 countries that are separated by a 1/4 of a mile, & (1 or 2% is being generous) Cuz its mostly crazy Michigan Hockey fans that are jammed up in the JLA cheering on a Championship team... :thefinger:D:2 cents::nanner: :hatsoff:

I know some of you maybe my friends here on the FO's message boards, and we agree on a lot of subjects, but when it comes the the NHL & my Detroit Red wings, I have to say some of you are totally talkin :bs: & need to STFU and stop all the hating.. cuz Fuckin haters kill me..

The RED WINGS play the playoffs just like every other team. So every year theres 7 other teams in the west that could BEAT the RED WINGS if they can beat them, So in essence theirs 8 teams that have the same opportunity too beat the RED WINGS if they can, so why people say the whole season / playoffs are a waste cuz none of them could dethrone a championship team. :ban2:

The RED WINGS always have to overcome the refs who are harder on them for the most part , So the Red wings beat the refs, cuz they overcome that crooked unfair shit the refs cause.. they out physical the so call superior physical teams. they out finesse, the finesse teams, they make perfect teams make mistakes, and they make really talented teams look like freshman, & the RED WINGS have done so without a 1st round pick since Martin Lapointe in the mid 90's...

1st We were accused of buying our championships like the NY Yankee's win theirs, They buy all the superior talent cuz they can, and they are allowed too. but since the NHL salary cap. the RED WINGS are still the cream of the crop.. So all you haters fuckin get over it. :thefinger

Then theirs some dense A$$ MF'ers who say DETROIT only sells out cuz all the Canadians come across the border. :rolleyes::uohs: Maybe (1 or 2%) of the fans that jam the JLA are Canadians that travel between the 2 countries that are separated by a 1/4 of a mile, & (1 or 2% is being generous) Cuz its mostly crazy Michigan Hockey fans that are jammed up in the JLA cheering on a Championship team... :thefinger:D:2 cents::nanner: :hatsoff:

Agreed, when the Wings " bought " the cup in '02 the Rangers had the highest pay roll in the league. Ken Holland knows how to fit pieces together to make a TEAM.

If Detroit wins the cup this year, should Chris Osgood get in the hall of fame?

Simple answer, no. Ozzie is a very good goalie who has been in ideal situations. I just don't see him in the same class as Roy, Hasek etc.

Marlo Manson

If Detroit wins the cup this year, should Chris Osgood get in the hall of fame?

Good question. I say. :yesyes::2 cents::hatsoff:

Simple answer, no. Ozzie is a very good goalie who has been in ideal situations. I just don't see him in the same class as Roy, Hasek etc.

I :dunno: Osgood has won 3 cups, he was in goal for 2 out of 3 so far, if they win again this year, 4 time cup winner, in goal for 3 of the 4. he may not be as dominant as the others you mentioned, but he is, and can be considered a $ time goaltender, so in essence you can say he plays his best hockey in the playoffs when it really counts. So I think he has to make the Hall of Fame on that criteria and those facts alone. :2 cents::hatsoff:

who can stop the redwings i dont think no one they will be this years stanly cup champs

Good question. I say. :yesyes::2 cents::hatsoff:

I :dunno: Osgood has won 3 cups, he was in goal for 2 out of 3 so far, if they win again this year, 4 time cup winner, in goal for 3 of the 4. he may not be as dominant as the others you mentioned, but he is, and can be considered a $ time goaltender, so in essence you can say he plays his best hockey in the playoffs when it really counts. So I think he has to make the Hall of Fame on that criteria and those facts alone. :2 cents::hatsoff:

Aside from his 3 Stanley Cup rings, probably 4 after this year, he also has:

389 wins. 49 Shutouts
. Which puts him 10th all time. And he'll probably pass Grant Fuhr(403) and Glenn Hall(407) next season. Depending on how many more seasons he plays, Tony Esposito(423) and Jaques Plante(437) are well within reach.

69 Playoff wins. 14 shutouts. Currently 9th all time. He will pass Jaques Plante(71) with 3 more wins this season. Mike Vernon(77) and Ken Dryden(80) are within reach if Detroit can put together another long playoff run with Ozzy.

I can't see how you could keep him out of the hall with the numbers he has. Even if he doesn't win this year. The only knock against him is individual accolades. No Vezina's. No records. Only an all star twice. Only scored one goal ;)

Marlo Manson

Aside from his 3 Stanley Cup rings, probably 4 after this year, he also has:

389 wins. 49 Shutouts
. Which puts him 10th all time. And he'll probably pass Grant Fuhr(403) and Glenn Hall(407) next season. Depending on how many more seasons he plays, Tony Esposito(423) and Jaques Plante(437) are well within reach.

69 Playoff wins. 14 shutouts. Currently 9th all time. He will pass Jaques Plante(71) with 3 more wins this season. Mike Vernon(77) and Ken Dryden(80) are within reach if Detroit can put together another long playoff run with Ozzy.

I can't see how you could keep him out of the hall with the numbers he has. Even if he doesn't win this year. The only knock against him is individual accolades. No Vezina's. No records. Only an all star twice. Only scored one goal ;)

Your right. I didn't wanna look all his career records up, and put them up against the record holders. I was just going with the most important TEAM accomplishments Ozzie has carried his team through. :D :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Status
Not open for further replies.