• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '17/'18 Thread (2017/2018 National Hockey League)

LVK got some good players. That's for sure. Wild were in the WCF in their third year...LVK looking to beat that record for fastest in the modern era? I don't know if that's the record but I remember that 2003 Wild team because my family still had season tickets - it was a magical year.

LVK look to be a juggernaut. Insane.

LVK got some good players. That's for sure. Wild were in the WCF in their third year...LVK looking to beat that record for fastest in the modern era? I don't know if that's the record but I remember that 2003 Wild team because my family still had season tickets - it was a magical year.

Do they though? They've played six games. As in ever in their history. Pump the brakes. How many "good players" do you count on this roster:

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/roster

A top line of Brendan Leipsic, Vadim Shipachyov, and Alex Tuch (career totals for all three players combined: 22 games played, 11 points)... Their best defenceman is Luca Sbisa... that's not good. They will be at the bottom of the league by season's end regardless of where they're at after their first six games. If I'm wrong about that I'll eat my words, but I really don't expect that to happen.

Have some fun voting for the greatest moments in NHL history; there are a couple of battles in the initial bracket that are pretty tough (1988: Mario Lemieux scores five different ways vs. 1981: Peter & Anton Stastny score 8 points each):

https://www.nhl.com/news/voting-for-greatest-nhl-moment-begins/c-292047064?tid=282169076

What do you think will win? I'm betting Bobby Orr's 1970 OT winner will win it all. But I have always had a soft spot for Joe Sakic handing Ray Bourque his first Cup; that's a moment I will never forget...

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Do they though? They've played six games. As in ever in their history. Pump the brakes. How many "good players" do you count on this roster:

A top line of Brendan Leipsic, Vadim Shipachyov, and Alex Tuch (career totals for all three players combined: 22 games played, 11 points)... Their best defenceman is Luca Sbisa... that's not good. They will be at the bottom of the league by season's end regardless of where they're at after their first six games. If I'm wrong about that I'll eat my words, but I really don't expect that to happen.

My tongue was implanted firmly in cheek with my remark, Rod. My guess is that LVK will have a very dismal record once the regular season is over.

On another note, it's always a good night when the Blues beat the Blackhawks. :thumbsup:

https://www.nhl.com/news/chicago-blackhawks-st-louis-blues-game-recap/c-292065874

I know this season will be great because the Montreal Canadiens have started 1-5-1.Cockiest fans in the league.They love to knock teams at the bottom but can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I received four free VIP tickets to Tuesday night's Golden Knights vs Buffalo Sabres game. Holy crap that was fun. Hyde Lounge seating plus access to the Budweiser Lounge, the Jack Daniel's Lounge and the Goose Island buffet. Took my business partner, my brother and one of his buddies. $52 for a round of four tall boy Buds and Estrellas. Worth it. Played a little bean bag toss in the plaza after the game. Hit on/insulted a couple Iriquois girls in town from Buffalo. Vegas' first overtime game. That crowd went bananas for every home goal.

That Gila monster mascot, tho.

Well they keep winning. Yes it's early but they're shooting for 1996 Panthers quickest run to the Cup! I kid I kid, but no, seriously...

Well they keep winning. Yes it's early but they're shooting for 1996 Panthers quickest run to the Cup! I kid I kid, but no, seriously...

Fair enough. They do keep winning. And it's surprising and amazing and it's definitely worth talking about! They beat Chicago (who had been rolling) yesterday, so who knows...

Round 2 of the NHL's Greatest Moments voting has opened:

https://www.nhl.com/info/greatest-moments-bracket

Cast your votes!

There are two matchups in this round that are SO tough to call:

1981: Wayne Gretzky's 50 goals in 39 games vs. 1991: Mario Lemieux splits D for Final goal

and

1999: Brett Hull's 3OT goal gives Stars first Cup vs. 1959: Jacques Plante wears first goalie mask

Those are tough ones! What do y'all think? And who do you think will win? (I'm betting it'll be Bobby Orr's Cup-winner in 1970). And what do you think should win? (I have a soft spot for Sakic handing Bourque the Cup in 2001; that's one moment I'll never forget).

Fair enough. They do keep winning. And it's surprising and amazing and it's definitely worth talking about! They beat Chicago (who had been rolling) yesterday, so who knows...

I think the Chicago win kind of has opened my eyes to them. I'm going to have to keep an eye on em.

That said, The Ning Dynasty are literally shitting on teams day in and day out right now. They're legit..

Jagger69

In all probability, this is likely a fluke and will come crashing down sooner than later. However, what a fairy tale come true it would be if this keeps up! The stuff from which legends are made. Beating the Hawks is no small feat indeed but much of this is likely fueled by the adrenaline rush of the excitement from being a first-year team. Let's all check back in April and see where they are then.

Jagger69

Cast your votes!

1981: Wayne Gretzky's 50 goals in 39 games vs. 1991: Mario Lemieux splits D for Final goal

and

1999: Brett Hull's 3OT goal gives Stars first Cup vs. 1959: Jacques Plante wears first goalie mask

Those are tough ones! What do y'all think? And who do you think will win? (I'm betting it'll be Bobby Orr's Cup-winner in 1970). And what do you think should win? (I have a soft spot for Sakic handing Bourque the Cup in 2001; that's one moment I'll never forget).

I went with history....the Rocket first to 50 and Martin Brodeur's wins record. Being a Blues fan, I simply can't vote for either Orr's or Yzerman's goals on principle.

Cast your votes!

and

It's tough to choose on some of those but others looks like the crowd got it wrong.

Jagger69

I think Todd McLellan is probably more concerned about the Oilers' point total than he is about McDavid's but that's just a guess. :dunno:

I think Todd McLellan is probably more concerned about the Oilers' point total than he is about McDavid's but that's just a guess. :dunno:

Well sure. But I'm just talking about...the whole world was fixated on McJesus after busting out for a Hatty in game 1 of the season. The Wild West is a tough road to SC though.