• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Netflix

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Netflix has lied too many times, and they continually raise prices.

I would avoid them.

Other than the major price hike a couple of years ago and one more recently, I didn't think Netflix's pricing had changed all that much. But I'm not a subscriber, so I :dunno:

But I do know about DirecTV's pricing. Just like clockwork, they go up every year. And one of their reps lied to my face, in my home... which is why they had to give me a free HD Tivo receiver. They all lie. They all raise prices sooner or later. And most cable companies (*cough* Comcast) are even bigger liars and price gougers than DirecTV. You just have to go with whatever option works best for you and which offers you the best bang for your buck.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I'm still paying $9.95 a month.

I starting too feel that you always have something negative to type on every thread you respond on.

:facepalm:

Other than the major price hike a couple of years ago and one more recently, I didn't think Netflix's pricing had changed all that much. But I'm not a subscriber, so I :dunno:

But I do know about DirecTV's pricing. Just like clockwork, they go up every year. And one of their reps lied to my face, in my home... which is why they had to give me a free HD Tivo receiver. They all lie. They all raise prices sooner or later. And most cable companies (*cough* Comcast) are even bigger liars and price gougers than DirecTV. You just have to go with whatever option works best for you and which offers you the best bang for your buck.

Netflix Losing 800,000 U.S. Subscribers Article

Netflix just raises prices again in May of this year.

Netflix = nickel and dimed to death

BlkHawk

Closed Account
Netflix Losing 800,000 U.S. Subscribers Article

Netflix just raises prices again in May of this year.

Netflix = nickel and dimed to death

From the article you linked the headline and the date stamp. Pay attention to the date.
Netflix Declines Most Since 2004 After Losing 800,000 U.S. Subscribers
By Cliff Edwards Oct 25, 2011 8:54 AM CT

When I stream on my computer I have no problem rewinding or fast forwarding, I use Roku to stream to my t.v. How do you stream content to your television?

I stream it through my PlayStation. I can skip scenese and go back and forward.

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
Netflix only raised their prices by $1 recently, but everyone who was already subscribed is locked in for the cheaper price.
So I don't see how that's lying or is so shady?

Especially when they're now producing Netflix exclusive shows, or the fact that they freaking gave me a new season of Arrested Development!
Considering they've stayed within the same few dollars in price point, I don't see the big deal.

You can't get "nickel and dimed" by a company with no fees and a low monthly subscription, you sound silly.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
From the article you linked the headline and the date stamp. Pay attention to the date.
Netflix Declines Most Since 2004 After Losing 800,000 U.S. Subscribers
By Cliff Edwards Oct 25, 2011 8:54 AM CT

The article was close to 2012.

I hope it happens again soon, and Netflix goes under. :D

I would rather go to a local rental business and rent and buy movies and games.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/ari-dee said:
Ari Dee[/URL][/B], post: 8428834, member: 498873"]Netflix only raised their prices by $1 recently, but everyone who was already subscribed is locked in for the cheaper price.
So I don't see how that's lying or is so shady?

You can't get "nickel and dimed" by a company with no fees and a low monthly subscription, you sound silly.

This

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I would rather go to a local rental business and rent and buy movies and games.

Yes, because it makes sense to spend more money on gas and rental fees than it does to pay a low flat rate and watch as much content as you want in 1080p super HD. Awesome logic.

I also use Netflix DVD service as well. $11.00 a month and I can get 2 DVDS out at a time. Basically, I'm getting 14-16 DVDs a month and paying $11.00. If you can find a better deal somewhere, I'd like to know about it.

Side note: $1 price increase did not apply to me as I was already a subscriber. Good times.

I use Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I love this- I've been able to watch SO much stuff over the last few years, and go back and watch old TV series that I haven't seen in ages. I can't even imagine the time when we had to go to a store and rent one or two VHS tapes. I'm glad for tech and services like this- even my own show pilot recently got put on a streaming site, and that's SO much easier for us to deal with than trying to move a bunch of DVDs.

H

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I would subscribe to Amazon Prime if they had a monthly payment option, but they want it all up front so I haven't bit the bullet on it.

As much as you wish bad things on others, Will, it's no surprise you're such a miserable little fucker.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I would subscribe to Amazon Prime if they had a monthly payment option, but they want it all up front so I haven't bit the bullet on it.

As much as you wish bad things on others, Will, it's no surprise you're such a miserable little fucker.

Whatever :tongue:

Deepcover

Closed Account
I can watch Netflix on my PlayStation. I'm just too cheap to subscribe:shy:

Netflix is what destroyed the video stores chain. Welcome to the 21st Century;)