• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a Heat-Spurs championship series. Here's why:

1) LeBron was swept by the Spurs in '07 (when he was still with the Cavs).

2) Tim Duncan is 4-0 in a Finals series and in all four they've had homecourt advantage.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I love hearing the ESPN Radio goobers talk about the poor NHL TV ratings. Wait til they see how many viewers the NBA Finals drop by when it is Memphis vs. Indiana.

I'd watch Charlotte vs Sacramento if they were in the Finals. Basketball is a great sport, premier franchises or not. If you only watch for the superstars...please kill yourself.

Memphis, you had a good run. Although two of these games could have gone either way, ain't nobody coming back from 0-3, let alone against Pops. Hopefully the Spurs can end it in 4 and get healthy and rested while Miami and Indiana beat the hell out of each other. Still pulling for Indiana though. Lovin Paul George.

Hoping for a Heat-Spurs championship series. Here's why:

1) LeBron was swept by the Spurs in '07 (when he was still with the Cavs).

2) Tim Duncan is 4-0 in a Finals series and in all four they've had homecourt advantage.

Yeah, I'd much rather see the Spurs in the Finals. If we played the Grizzlies, that would be a stretch of 3 most physical teams in the league.

I'd watch Charlotte vs Sacramento if they were in the Finals. Basketball is a great sport, premier franchises or not. If you only watch for the superstars...please kill yourself.

I'm the same way. I'm one of the few who enjoyed Spurs-Pistons match-up.

That being said, Vinny Del Negro (rotations all fucked up), PJ Carlisemo (rotations all fucked up), should be fired immediately for incompetance in mis-managing and underutilizing the talent on their respective rosters.

As I suspected, Del Negro got the axe shortly after Carlisemo. Amazingly, they aren't making a realistic offer to Phil Jacskson for a job tailor-made for him...I think we are seeing first-hand, thru this coaching selection process, why the Clippers have always been considered a second-rate organization. And now as this process drags on aimlessly, the question will be wether they can keep CP3, if he doesn't think the Clippers' franchise knows what it's doing in building a championship contending team.

Equally amazing, The Bobobcats hire Steve Clifford, a guy with no head coaching experience, as their 6th coach since 2007. Apparently he is now supposed to guide the worst team in the league out of the NBA basement. It's so amazing to me because you would think MJ, who owes his whole career to Jacskson, would be dying to bring him in to help build his franchise into a contender. But the Bobcats instead hire another nobody...fucking incredible :facepalm: !

You know Phil isn't going to Charlotte, MJ knows it, so why bother. Phil makes good teams great teams. What Charlotte needs is someone cheap who can develop young players into a good team so a good coach can take the reigns.

I read a quote from someone, it might have been Scott Stiles, but they basically said some coaches are paid to develop and some are paid to win and unless you get lucky like Spoelstra, Rivers and possibly Brooks, developing coaches will never win. They also went on to say they were told upon hiring that they weren't there to win games, just to develop rookies.

I don't know if every front officr views the coaching position like this, but it would explain a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

You know Phil isn't going to Charlotte, MJ knows it, so why bother. Phil makes good teams great teams. What Charlotte needs is someone cheap who can develop young players into a good team so a good coach can take the reigns.

I read a quote from someone, it might have been Scott Stiles, but they basically said some coaches are paid to develop and some are paid to win and unless you get lucky like Spoelstra, Rivers and possibly Brooks, developing coaches will never win. They also went on to say they were told upon hiring that they weren't there to win games, just to develop rookies.

I don't know if every front officr views the coaching position like this, but it would explain a lot.

They also went on to say they were told upon hiring that they weren't there to win games, just to develop rookies.

I think you're right...but I also think maybe MJ, given their past history, could make an appealing offer to bring in Phil as being a GM/President of Basketball Operations type deal with a small minority ownership interest and then have Phil there for the long haul hand-picking talent and instating his coach (Brian Shaw). Obviously that is unlikely, but I'm just surprised that a guy like MJ who was so committed to winning as a player, wouldn't do everything possible to develop a winning tradition rather than continuing to be so sorry year after year.

Looking on the bright side though, the Bobcats do play in the same divison as my Wizards, so as long as they keep "developing rookies", we have at least one team we can always count on being ahead of in the Southeast :thumbsup: !

wow what a bs call on lebron going to the hoop against hibbert. hibbert went straight up and lebron didnt make the layup but there is no fucking way that this was an offensive foul. no push off, no elbow nothing. anyhow bosh and wade have to step up in game seven and fortunately the heat have got the birdman back. heat in 7.

c'mon, like Lebron and Wade don't get calls ?!? They may not win the series, but Indiana has really put up a good fight. Much better than Memphis/San Antonio....what a disappointment !

c'mon, like Lebron and Wade don't get calls ?!? They may not win the series, but Indiana has really put up a good fight. Much better than Memphis/San Antonio....what a disappointment !

yes off course they get calls and some of them are really crap and i dont want to take anything away from the pacers they are really putting up a great series but when i saw that play i could not believe it.

when i saw that play i could not believe it.

I thought it was a border-line play that could have gone either way, but the way LeBron re-acted by running down the whole length of the floor in disbelief of the call, would have gotten any other player a tech for disrespecting the refs. In any event, they'll be at home for Game 7 with the Birdman, their home refs, AND their home crowd...so no excuses for this one !

Status
Not open for further replies.