• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suns sign Eric Gordon and Michael Beasley.

Without a sign-and-trade or even just a resigning of Gordon, it sure makes that Ariza/Okafor trade look even stupider.

Also, this:
steve-nash-lakers.jpg

If Nash goes to the Lakers I just lost all respect for him. He was talking out of his ass when he said he wasn't going to pull a Lebron.

I don't see this as a LeBron move by Nash. I'm Canadian, and I'm a Raptors fan, and I will root for them because they are the only Canadian team in the NBA. But Steve Nash is Canadian, and so I will root for him as a Canadian whether he plays for a Canadian team or not. As a fan of Nash, I am thrilled that he signed with the Lakers. It would've been a nice story for him to sign with the Raptors, sure, but the Raptors are a team that has to make the right moves for the next five years in order to have a team within the next ten years that can even have a chance to compete, and that's still a long shot, and Colangelo is a moron, so it's not going to happen anyway. Signing with the Lakers gives Nash the best chance he has to win a ring. Offensively, they're going to have a phenomenal lineup, and defensively, they have a pretty good coach in Mike Brown who might be able to get the most out of a team that has no good defenders besides Kobe.

A big factor in Nash's decision is being closer to his kids, so I don't see this as a LeBron move at all. Nash signing with the Heat for peanuts would've been a total LeBron move because that would've been ring-chasing. If Nash had signed with the Raptors I would've been disappointed because that would've essentially meant that Nash will never win a ring, which is something that I, for one, would like to see him achieve. This move made the most sense for Nash personally, and in terms of basketball.

And I am officially rooting for the Lakers in 2012-13! I never thought that I would be rooting for the Lakers again... how wrong I was.

If Nash left a contending team in the prime of his career to join two other prime of their career Olympians, it'd be the same thing.

I still wish he went to Toronto.

Jamal Crawford and Billups to the Clippers. That is one deep team.

Kidd to the Knicks.

Dallas got royally fucked. They got a ring, but lost Chandler, Terry, Kidd, Barea, Stevenson. Are they a playoff team next year?

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i couldnt be more upset with everything about the nba. the only thing worse that can happen is another bullshit lockout.

i have zero excitement for the next season. providing i actually get some local games on the airwaves.

as a matter of fact, i dont even care at this point. im pretty sure phx is going to be the shittiest team next season. or at least, damn close to it.

Jamal Crawford and Billups to the Clippers. That is one deep team.

Kidd to the Knicks.

Dallas got royally fucked. They got a ring, but lost Chandler, Terry, Kidd, Barea, Stevenson. Are they a playoff team next year?

Not to mention Deron Williams chose a team that comes two straight seasons of misery over them. I guess Mark. Cubans strategy of saving cap space for the future by not resigning Tyson Chandler mustve irritated a few players cause there has been a mass exodus from Dallas since they just let Chandler walk away, there is no way a champion should sudenly look like a DLeague team within 2 years (minus Dirk), this is just unthinkable.

The Celtics are adding Terry, Green, Bradley and 2 solid rookies next year. They'll be fine. Still a bitch move though. Leave your boys and a contender to join a better contender? Cmon. Reminds me of when Hossa left the Penguins to join the Wings. Karma is a mutha fucka.

Not surprised in the least about Ray Allen. Everyone knew there was little chance he was going back to Boston as was, the chances became zero when KG resigned. It wasnt in his best interest to go back there no matter what, it was just time to move on, i dont see this as a ring chasing move nor do i think he did anything to get his reputation hit on, he did what he had to do for himself, thats pretty much all any player can do in the circumstances. He gets lucky to land on a another championship contender where he can really help them out.

again. what salary cap?

Some owners are willing to pay a stupid high luxury tax to win a championship.....Miami, anyone? The Lakers have been doing it for years paying an insane luxury tax when they were dominating the West, but ive been hearing Jerry Buss doesnt want to keep doing that, so he wants to cut salaries from the team.
In a way i prefer it this way so this doesnt become the NFL where star players leave the teams theyre famous playing for because they make too much money for them, but i understand and do find valid the concerns about the NBA becoming baseball where the Have's have all the freedom they want to sign players Have-nots cant to insane contracts that they wont honor in the long run.
Thus the NBA becoming a league where all tne stars gather in a few places creating five super teams while the rest of the league is left to just find a way to survive.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i just think they need to implement a no loophole bar on how much a team can spend. a flat number, thats it.

it would add so much more strategy to team building. and keep teams away from becoming monsters.

personally, i dont want to see monopoly teams being built for the sole purpose of winning with no real competition. whats the fun in that?

Looks like Love made it. The token whiteboy. Fuck this team, I hope they lost.

And can I ask, why the fuck would you want to play for a country that hates you? Explain that one to me.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Looks like Love made it. The token whiteboy. Fuck this team, I hope they lost.

And can I ask, why the fuck would you want to play for a country that hates you? Explain that one to me.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When did America start hating white people? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.