• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '12/'13 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to agree with STDiva: N.O. and Boston are the clear winners in this draft. Talk about getting the goods, both teams walk away with exactly what they were looking for and then some... especially Boston!

My honorable mentions go to the two top future teams: Chicago and Oklahoma City. Marquis Teague is a real sleeper, mainly because of D. Roses injury. He's gonna quality time, on a quality team, with a quality coach in developing his game. Perry Jones III was a projected high lottery pick, but there's no risk/HIGH reward if you're OKC.

The 'We Got Your Ass Again' Draft Award goes to (as always) San Antonio: The name and position of the pic does not matter. Just know that at some point during the season this pick with pay immediate dividends, and you'll be left wondering who... what... when... why... and how.

My loser of the draft is (for right now) Houston: They went in to this building for a trade and they didn't get it. So for right now, they drafted three pieces who are all projects at best and the lost Chase Budinger in the process! Fail!!!!

Questionables go to Indiana and Atlanta: Indy is clearly trying to keep their country white fans happy by continuing their legacy of corn-fed white boys manning their front line with Miles Plumlee. Atlanta got the best shooter in the draft... too bad he does nothing other than shoot and he's stuck with that ISO offense nightmare known as the Hawks. Atlanta's most willing passer is Al Horford, and he'll be primarily passing to Josh (I know that jumper is open, but don't...) Smith and Joe (Carmello, Jr.) Johnson.

...and finally the 'Payback Will Be A Bitch' Award goes to: Austin Rivers. Soooooooooo much hate thrown his way, but as the old saying goes: Those who do not take heed to history are doomed to repeat it. Consider this: the exact same things were said about two other notable past draft picks. Attitude issue, alpha dog, won't be able to create his own shot, not physically ready... hmmmmmmm... I heard those same things applied to...

REGGIE MILLER AND STEPH CURRY!!!!

The strangest part is they all are built similarly (slight, light-skinned), have the same skill set (alpha, shooter, sniper), and were all picked around the same spot in the draft (Miller [11th], Curry [7th], and Rivers [10th] to teams that don a shade of blue and gold color combo uniform!!!!

Coincidence???

Minnesota is making a push for Pau Gasol.

I hate to see this guy go, but L.A seems intent on lowering their ridiculous salary. I wish Kobe wasn't getting paid $900 million a season. Getting Derrick Williams isn't so bad. He's young and super high potential. I'm down with that.

Dallas, Utah and L.A.C reportedly have a trade in works to send Odom to the Clippers and Mo Williams to the Jazz. Dallas is just trying to shed Odom's salary without taking anything back.

Houston trades Chase Budinger to Minnesota for their 18th overall pick. (You'll like this guy, BSS) Budinger was in Houston for 2 seasons under Adelman, so he is already familiar with that corner offence he runs in Minny. Minnesota is also desperate for a wing guy. Webster and Johnson were letdowns and Beasley is one inconsistent mawfucka. This move should help though. He's a good 3 point shooter and hits the open shots.

Houston now has the 14th, 16th and 18th picks in the 1st round and seem primed to convert those picks into Dwight Howard and probably sign Deron Williams. It's pretty risky if you ask me. Dwight will probably sign an extension if Williams signs there, but if not, 3 1st rounds picks for a 1 year rental is pretty steep. It'll set the Rockets back 5 years.

Adelman has sung high praise about him.

If we could dump Beasley or Williams for Gasol (that would be way too few players) they could be a strong team next year.

The Timberwolves gonna be the whitest mufuckin team in the league. Love, Rubio, Ridnour, Pek, Berrea, Milicic, Buddinger, and if they somehow added Gasol...

I dont expect much from the Lakers this offseason. Theyre overcapped and need to cut salaries as is, the trade for Pau was beneficial in the short run but its showing its negative long term affect now...no cap space, no quality draft picks because of the picks that were traded in the deal. Now thanks to the Ramon Sessions trade they have nothing on draft picks for a year or two, hes not returning to LA and thetre still overcapped by a mile and a half. Theyre still contenders but not championship contenders.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
I dont expect much from the Lakers this offseason. Theyre overcapped and need to cut salaries as is, the trade for Pau was beneficial in the short run but its showing its negative long term affect now...no cap space, no quality draft picks because of the picks that were traded in the deal. Now thanks to the Ramon Sessions trade they have nothing on draft picks for a year or two, hes not returning to LA and thetre still overcapped by a mile and a half. Theyre still contenders but not championship contenders.

youre speaking like cap was real. obviously, theres ways to get around it.

this, i just dont get.

fucking miami.

Let's face it, you cannot contend in the NBA without black dudes.

Not to derail the thread too much, but a team with fucking Nowitzki, Love, Nash, Probably Rubio and throw in the Gasol boys? They'd straight the fuck up fuck the whole league up... :cool: And if Jimmer ever plays like he did in college...

Now an Asian team, or a Latino team, that is another question... :cool:

Not to derail the thread too much, but a team with fucking Nowitzki, Love, Nash, Probably Rubio and throw in the Gasol boys? They'd straight the fuck up fuck the whole league up... :cool: And if Jimmer ever plays like he did in college...

Is that the all no defence squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.