• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

My Dealings With The Unemployment Office

As many of you know, I was recently laid off from my latest job. I quickly set out to try to find another job, but I could not land a position. I have been forced to file for unemployment benefits.

I filled out all the necessary paperwork and waited over two hours to speak to someone concerning my application. The woman entered all of my information into the computer as I quietly sat there and waited. I was approved. It was then the woman who I was dealing with got a little “funny.”

The woman who handled my case asked me several things which I feel was totally off about filing for unemployment benefits. The first thing she asked me if I had any credit cards. Puzzled, I told her I have only one, and I never use it, and then asked her why she would ask me about my credit. She leaned in close to me and told me to apply for as many credit cards as I could. When asked why I would do that, she told me to apply for as many as I can, then max them all out. I told her I would never do something like that and I would never ruin my credit like that. She told me to go ahead and do it so I could file for bankruptcy, and then that way, I don’t have to pay any of my bills.

She then asked if I had any rich relatives. Puzzled as to why she would ask me such a thing, I asked her why would she want to know. She didn’t answer me, and then asked again if I had any rich relatives. I shook my head and told her no (but I actually have no idea). She asked if either one of my parents were rich. I just replied they get by and asked what was the point of all this. She then said she was thinking I could “mooch” off of a family member and go to college full-time for the next several years and so I can get a job “making about $30,000 a year.”

The woman then told me to only apply for jobs I know that I have no chance of getting. Head spinning from what she has already told me to do, I thought maybe she misspoke, but no, she repeated for me to only apply for jobs I cannot get, and only apply for one job a week since that was the minimum. I asked her why, and that’s when she told me she had a plan made up for me to “mooch” off of rich family members and have them pay for my college, save my unemployment money, and buy myself whatever I wanted.

Now, I am not going to apply for any more credit cards, and I am not going to max out or even use the one I have. I am not going to “mooch” off of any relatives. And I am not going to just apply for jobs I have no chance of getting.

I left the unemployment office shaking my head.

Sounds like the lady you talked to is the same one who used to work for ACORN.

What the hell is that shit? I applied for unemployment a few years ago when I lost my job and none of that went down. Hell, I did it over the phone and the only thing that happened was that a hearing was held to make sure I was truthful about how I lost my job and how much I was getting from my severance package. At least that's what I assume the hearing was for.

What the hell is that shit? I applied for unemployment a few years ago when I lost my job and none of that went down. Hell, I did it over the phone and the only thing that happened was that a hearing was held to make sure I was truthful about how I lost my job and how much I was getting from my severance package. At least that's what I assume the hearing was for.

Yeah, I applied on their website, but still had to go in and talk to a live person. I figured it was to make sure I was a real person. Where I lost my job there was over 500 people that had been laid off, so the company had already contacted the unemployment office and gave them all the information about what had went down, so they knew off the bat what all had happened.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Unemployment in NJ is all internet. Cut and dry. Answer the questions and wait for your check.