• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Music in each decade is typically defined

Examples: 1970's: Disco, 1980's: Pop, Dance...

How would you define the music from 2001 - 2010?

:dunno:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Crappy. The last good album came out in 1984...it was called "Master Of Puppets".

Lazy. As in the listener is too lazy to find good music. They hear shit on the radio and assume everything must suck. Protip! Turn off your tv and radio and look for music you like. It's easy. Ever heard of the internet? There is thousands of good bands in every decade. To deny that is ignorant and you just sound like an old, grumpy bitch.

"I remember when music use to be good." No you don't. You're just too close minded and afraid to accept things have changed. It's ok to like new things.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Lazy. As in the listener is too lazy to find good music. They hear shit on the radio and assume everything must suck. Protip! Turn off your tv and radio and look for music you like. It's easy. Ever heard of the internet? There is thousands of good bands in every decade. To deny that is ignorant and you just sound like an old, grumpy bitch.

"I remember when music use to be good." No you don't. You're just too close minded and afraid to accept things have changed. It's ok to like new things.

QFT..... and because the rep limit. Every generation has that group that hates on the music. We hear more of it because if the Internet; and the Internet is also where to find go music. The technology has evolved.

I'm not sure about the people, however.

can't rep you but that's spot on.

I can't rep ya yet, but so, so true. Just because Maroon 5 is on the radio doesn't mean In Flames isn't kicking ass somewhere. Stuck listening to Flo-Rida? Go online and find the next Shady records rapper who won't make it big 'cause radio only like "pop-rap" now, with useless Pitbull or some other talentless hack. Whatever kind of music you like, there are good artists. Just go look!

Briana Lee

Official Checked Star Member
Depends what genre you are into. The last 5 years or so have seen a revolution in EDM (Electronic Dance Music), especially with the likes of Skrillex forcing his way into the 'mainstream' music arena. Sure it's not to everyone's liking but it's a hell of a lot better than the crap that makes it into the charts nowadays.

What a bunch of bitter, deluded, nostalgic bullshit being posted in this thread. There's more music available than ever, and more people listening to it as well. If you took a time machine back to the 60's people weren't listening to better music, it's just that the music that lives on does so because it is better. It's like natural selection, hits come and go but the resilient, perfect designs live on past temporary trends.

That said, you're the ones who are lazy and retarded if you think the golden age of music is gone. It's just that the numerous bands today that sound like, say, Dylan aren't new anymore, and thus people don't notice it to the same extent. But the quality of the music is the same, if not better.

I'm gonna remember a shitload of great hip-hop, electronic music, rock, folk and pop from the 00's. If it's a matter of what's profound, meaningful or skillfully written that's the issue, well then I challenge you to find a single person from the last fifty years who have done anything comparable to what had already been done by a few good men in the 1600-1800's. Don't be such pretentious fucktards people and just enjoy the fact that every day the amount of awesome music is growing.

especially with the likes of Skrillex forcing his way into the 'mainstream' music arena.

The worst thing Korn (my favorite band) ever did was let Skrillex work with them on their last album :( But, life would be boring if we all liked the same thing!

Fairpoint

Banned
Wow.

What a bunch of whiny, blubbing crybabies.

I also find it quite interesting that none of you say exactly how you get all of the great music that you listen to, probably because you illegally download it for free, thus stealing income from all of those 'great acts.'

To actually answer the question instead of whining and blubbing like the rest of the crybaby pussy bitches in this thread, I'd say the '00's can be classified as the hip-hop/rap decade. This was the decade that hip-hop/rap stars took over the rock star attitude of overkill and excess when it comes to drugs/ sluts/ groupies/and making money, and the interesting thing is how rap/hip-hop artists are allowed to blatantly and openly 'sell out' with absolutely no consequences and no one calling them on it, while if rock acts do it they are pilloried to the high heavens.