• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Move Ahead on Pipeline From Canada

Move ahead on pipeline from Canada

Chicago Tribune (excerpt)

It’s a boom time in the Canadian province of Alberta, where technological advances and sky-high commodity prices have turned the region’s oilsands into a sticky, tarry gold mine.

Here’s a safe prediction: The U.S. will share in this bounty, one way or another. Canada will ship oil to its largest trading partner via rail, barge or truck, if need be. And the U.S., thirsty for energy, will soak up every drop from its reliable neighbour to the north.

That common interest leads to an obvious conclusion. The Obama administration should grant its approval without further delay for a proposed pipeline stretching 2,754 kilometres from Canada’s deposits to the U.S. refineries and terminals along the Gulf of Mexico. A pipeline is the safest and most efficient method for moving crude by the millions of barrels.

Yes, the scale of the project is enormous. It could make Canada the world’s second-largest producer of oil after Saudi Arabia. Americans should be celebrating a development that will reduce the dependence on oil from less-congenial foreign sources.

Yet the proposed Keystone XL pipeline has run into heated opposition. Some environmentalists are determined to stop it.

Opponents object for two main reasons: First, they want to discourage the mining of oilsands. The other big worry is more of a scare tactic. Pipelines can leak. The fear-mongering has no basis in reality. Plans call for a state-of-the-art system. America already has oil and gas pipelines criss-crossing the country and the Canadian border.

Canada has threatened to build a pipeline to the Pacific and divert the bulk of its oil to China instead. The U.S. State Department recently reaffirmed Keystone’s minimal environmental impact. After a public comment period closes in the weeks ahead, the Obama administration can seal the deal.

Maybe someday we’ll all be driving solar-powered cars. Meantime, get that pipeline built. We’re going to need it.

http://www.thespec.com/opinion/editorial/article/595483--move-ahead-on-pipeline-from-canada

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Here's what my government should do: If America decides it wants to build this pipeline and have our oil, then Obama puts a Canadian exemption into his latest bill to stimulate the American economy. If they don't want to do that, we can strike a deal with China instead. :dunno:

I'd like my government to realize that, hey, it's our oil and Americans want it. We have other options than just dealing with them and we can easily get exemptions from them.

Here's what my government should do: If America decides it wants to build this pipeline and have our oil, then Obama puts a Canadian exemption into his latest bill to stimulate the American economy. If they don't want to do that, we can strike a deal with China instead. :dunno:

I'd like my government to realize that, hey, it's our oil and Americans want it. We have other options than just dealing with them and we can easily get exemptions from them.
The only problem is, without us, you wouldn't be shit.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/top/dst/current/balance.html

:dunno:

You can go fuck with China, but if and when they takeover the world, do not cry to us to defend you. :nono:

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Canada ain't shit!!!

You're right.

All we have, in abundance is:

Oil
Water
Lumber

oh, and a fat, greedy, spoiled baby of a neighbor who refuses to stop suckling the teat dry ....

Start learning the words to, and practicing, 'Oh Canada' ... you're gonna need it in the future in order to qualify for your welfare stamps :D

TheOrangeCat

We could cripple your economy in one week if we wanted to. :nono:

yea .. all you have to do is stop buying 65% of our exports because you can't produce enough food and material to feed your own citizens' gluttenous appetites for .... everything.

Oh, and pay off all your debts to the Chinese and Japanese.

And be able to self-sustain.

And not be functionally bankrupt.

Other than that .. go for it! :D

yea .. all you have to do is stop buying 65% of our exports because you can't produce enough food and material to feed your own citizens' gluttenous appetites for .... everything.

Oh, and pay off all your debts to the Chinese and Japanese.

And be able to self-sustain.

And not be functionally bankrupt.

Other than that .. go for it! :D

Wrong on all accounts as usual. :1orglaugh

And let us not even get into the mockery that is the Canadian "military." ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOrangeCat

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The only problem is, without us, you wouldn't be shit.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/top/dst/current/balance.html

:dunno:

You can go fuck with China, but if and when they takeover the world, do not cry to us to defend you. :nono:

I expected that from lesser people than you, man.

It's our oil, therefore if you want it you have to listen to our demands. Don't like it, go quit fucking yourselves over in the Middle East and go buddy up to Venezuela. Throwing the stupid "we're America Grrrrr" comments around is pretty stupid, especially when it is towards the country that is your closest ally and largest trading partner.

The Chinese would pay a lot of money for Canadian oil. So would a lot of countries in Asia. So why should America be special just because you're our buddies. If China wants to buy it and pay just as well as you, let them. It's called Capitalism. I remember you guys fighting a war over that.

I expected that from lesser people than you, man.

It's our oil, therefore if you want it you have to listen to our demands. Don't like it, go quit fucking yourselves over in the Middle East and go buddy up to Venezuela. Throwing the stupid "we're America Grrrrr" comments around is pretty stupid, especially when it is towards the country that is your closest ally and largest trading partner.

The Chinese would pay a lot of money for Canadian oil. So would a lot of countries in Asia. So why should America be special just because you're our buddies. If China wants to buy it and pay just as well as you, let them. It's called Capitalism. I remember you guys fighting a war over that.

Looks like a touched a nerve there. :1orglaugh

Wrong on all accounts as usual, dumb conceited Canuck. :1orglaugh

And let us not even get into the mockery that is the Canadian "military." ;)

:kettle:

Enough with the bickering. Yes Canada's military sucks. Yes we're all super, duper thankful to have great powerful neighbor like the U.S. Yes we say eh and yes it's cold. Yes we have sex with beavers and geese. (That's a stereotype, right?) Yes you're all arrogant, fat fucks and the entire U.S has an average I.Q of 41. (Not BSS though. He's an intelligent, handsome man who catches the eyes of women and gays at The Mall of America.)

Now that the obvious stereotypes are out of the way, nobody cares who isn't shit without who. :hairpull:

Can we have a discussion about the U.S and Canada without the U.S macho bullshit and the Canadian arrogance? Besides, we settled this on the ice last year. :D

What's the article about anyway?

TheOrangeCat

Enough with the bickering. Yes Canada's military sucks. Yes we're all super, duper thankful to have great powerful neighbor like the U.S. Yes we say eh and yes it's cold. Yes we have sex with beavers and geese. (That's a stereotype, right?) Yes you're all arrogant, fat fucks and the entire U.S has an average I.Q of 41. (Not BSS though. He's an intelligent, handsome man who catches the eyes of women and gays at The Mall of America.)

Now that the obvious stereotypes are out of the way, nobody cares who isn't shit without who. :hairpull:

Can we have a discussion about the U.S and Canada without the U.S macho bullshit and the Canadian arrogance? Besides, we settled this on the ice last year. :D

You are so gay it hurts my ass.

I just posted the link (after reading it today in the Pioneer) - I didn't instigate this shit. I'm sure your country will be more than handsomely rewarded for it. :facepalm:

Have at it, kids.

TheOrangeCat

I just posted the link (after reading it today in the Pioneer) - I didn't instigate this shit. I'm sure your country will be more than handsomely rewarded for it. :facepalm:

Have at it, kids.

Mommy!!!! all I did was find the wasps' nest, put it in an old paint can, shake it, kick it, heat it up over a fire and then stick my head in it ... and they stung me ..... waaaaah waaaah waaaahhh ..... :D