• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Overrated Restaurants

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Alright, I'm getting the remove-from-thread-finger ready. But I could get it confused with banish-to-the-shadow-realm one. It's hard to say. In short, knock it off.

Has anyone said Red Robin yet? They suck.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Everyone has unique taste buds except if you have no taste buds (I know a guy and I'm sure there are many others}. Anyway, if it's good for me when I'm eating it, it's good. Does.t have to be your good for you? I don't care.

The best of ingredients fresh from the lands across the globe. If i'm eating it, I'll be the judge of that. If you like it, I'm happy for you. Really. I'm that kind of guy. I'm also the guy that won't come back to that place ever again.

Golden Corral was a late start in my area and they closed after 2 weeks. Multiple issues. New owner also opening late. I wanna try the place. If for anything, at least I tried it once.

In less than 2 years, 7 chains closed locations within 5 miles from me. GC. Sonic (I cried). Tilted Kilts. UNO. Car's Jr. I forget the rest but there is a glut of chains up this stretch. Fast, sit down, buffet. You name it.

Panda is mainly in the mall food courts by me. I don't know where the closet free-standing is. Too much local competition just like pizza. If you cant get it local then you are a slave to the chains.

Yes, I've been to Red Robin once. Satisfied with my mushroom swiss burgher. Good enough to order it again. I've got ghetto chicken. Crown or Kennedy Fried Chicken. Ever been there?

Red Robin is the RAX of sit down restaurants. Easily forgotten but when brought up remember a few good things about it.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Red Robin is the RAX of sit down restaurants. Easily forgotten but when brought up remember a few good things about it.

The one thing I have to say about red robin is they will happily make me a keto burger and sub fries for veg. It's also (in my hometown) one of the few places I can take my best friend who has almost a celiac level gluten allergy. This particular red robin really takes allergies seriously and washes down the grill and has a place set aside for gluten meal prep.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
We have those 2-in-one combo restaurants up her like KFC/A&W. A&W is TOTALLY overrated. Fine dining my ass lol.

I miss A&W so much. When I was a fat kid playing Little League Baseball my dad would take me and some of my teammates there. I really liked their chili dogs and root beer floats. They had Space Invaders and Asteroids Arcade Machines that I would play there too. I still look at that corner(Santa Monica Bl/Barry Ave) and remember all the good times when I drive by it.

bobjustbob

I sometimes do have bad experiences at some restaurants. I remember when McDonald's had King size when I was a young.

McDonalds promoting The King. That is funny. Who signed off on that proposition?

Mariah, I know that you don't BBQ. That's okay. You don't have to. With that said, people come from across oceans to eat BBQ. To be perfectly political here, I had never heard of pulled pork till Rosaenne Barr. Brisket you can't get off the ocean. Sweetheart, there's a lot of of good food here in USA. NY pizza and Nathan's dogs. This is the shit you can walk upto on the street. Fried scorpions ain't my desire.

Now you have tasted pizza all over the world. When you come to NY, do you get a slice? Yes you do. Go back over a few decades. People from Italy or Irish. or Polish brought what they had. You can do it here if you work.

Look at what we have got here. A great nation with great people. i walk down my blocks and shake hands with them.

Bob....when did I say there's not good food in the US? And when did I say I don't BBQ??? I am not a fan of meat that tastes like smoke, and I don't cook quality cuts of meat over flame. But I cook with wood only, never gas. I make chicken and duck and ribs and pork roasts on my grill regularly. The very definition of BBQ is cooking over wood fire. And I have never had a fried scorpion or any type of insect for that matter. :)

And when I go to NY I honestly don't eat pizza. I tend to have more meals in Chinatown and eat noodles and things I don't have access to where I live. I have all the NY pizza I want around here.

I am not a big fan of NY pizza simply because of how greasy it is. I have had good pizza in NY, for sure. But is it the best? no its not IMO. The best pizza I've had was in Palermo Sicily cooked in a 1200 year old stone oven. The ingredients are what make or break pizza. Its just so easy to get fresh great ingredients in Italy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I love a lot of food in the US. I never said that I don't. I have just experienced some incredible food and to me, not to beat the drum too much, the ingredients are what make or break great food.

And I applaud your open arms for people that are different. That's what makes a great society a success and a good place to live.

bobjustbob

I ...can ...understand ...the greasy pizza thing. But they are using olive oil. Sop it up with a napkin and toss it. It's still good pie. The chain pizza that many people are locked into by way of logistics is widespread. The folks in Podunk County can't get any basil from a local close to what Italians get at open markets.

Quality ingredients are always parimutuel to good food. But lets look at local fare. From my understanding, a bagel from NY or the regional area can not be reproduced anywhere else. Why? It's the water. I am blessed with fresh baked bagels every morning made at the shop or delivered rushed to the door by 5 AM. Packaged bagels never enter my basket. It's the local fare for me or nothing.

I may never taste the local fare from across an ocean. That;s a me thing since I don't travel well. Go enjoy what you can do. Experience what you want and enjoy your adventures.

You take a lot of shit from people concerning your travels. That is your passion. I get it. I appreciate your sharing. i remembered wrong about your BBQing. There is more than beef to slap onto a wood fire.

Did I forget to say that I love you? I love you.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
A certain amount of LA people will get mad at this but Apple Pan on Pico Bl across from Westside Pavillion is overrated. People hover over you while you sit at the counter eating your undersized, overpriced burger. I'd rather go to Marie Callender's and get "The Works" Frisco Burger any day.

I ...can ...understand ...the greasy pizza thing. But they are using olive oil. Sop it up with a napkin and toss it. It's still good pie. The chain pizza that many people are locked into by way of logistics is widespread. The folks in Podunk County can't get any basil from a local close to what Italians get at open markets.

Quality ingredients are always parimutuel to good food. But lets look at local fare. From my understanding, a bagel from NY or the regional area can not be reproduced anywhere else. Why? It's the water. I am blessed with fresh baked bagels every morning made at the shop or delivered rushed to the door by 5 AM. Packaged bagels never enter my basket. It's the local fare for me or nothing.

I may never taste the local fare from across an ocean. That;s a me thing since I don't travel well. Go enjoy what you can do. Experience what you want and enjoy your adventures.

You take a lot of shit from people concerning your travels. That is your passion. I get it. I appreciate your sharing. i remembered wrong about your BBQing. There is more than beef to slap onto a wood fire.

Did I forget to say that I love you? I love you.

I love you too! :) I'd get shit from the same idiots on this board if I cured cancer. My response is to live well and be happy, and IMO I'm winning that battle. :) Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me. xxx

bobjustbob

Food is something that we all eat. To me, if I'm not paying for it, it's good or better than good. That comes from family and home get togethers and such. Being invited to eat is an honor. Restaurants are a different story. I'm not afraid to push a plate away and say why. The difference is that they are SELLING food. I'm not going to leave a small tip. I'm not going to ask for another menu item or refuse to pay my bill. I will make my thoughts known to the establishment and friends and family that have an interest in eating there.

Yea, I'm THAT guy.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobjustbob again.