• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Influential games ever

Heres a great list of the most Influential games of all time and it gives reasons why
Click on the lower left for the next game

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/15influential/p2_01.html

heres the List Btw

1. Space Invaders
2. Pac-man
3. Pole Position
4. Gauntlet Arcade
5. Super Mario Bros.
6. Commando
7. Double Dragon
8. The Legend Of Zelda
9. Tetris
10. Dragon Warrior
11. Street Fighter II
12. Virtua Racing
13. Resident Evil
14. Super Mario 64
15. Final Fantasy VII

i think doom should have been on that list

What about Dragons Lair this game changed not only game play.But proved what you could do graphics wise as well with the the limited memory.Oh and wasn't tic,tac,toe the first ever computer game.

americanharley said:
1. Space Invaders
2. Pac-man

2 simple games, that I never got tired with:thumbsup:

Yeah Harley in them days it was all about gameplay.Now half the time is make it look good then we'll see what we got let for the game play.

I think that Final Fantasy VII is easily the most influential RPG of all time, you'd be hard pressed to find one made after it that wasn't inspired by it.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
I think GoldenEye should definitely be on that list. If not for the success of that game, we probably wouldn't have most of the console FPSs today (like Halo, Far Cry, seven-hundred 'Battlefield' soldier games, etc.).

Wolfenstein or perhaps Doom as well, as without their success, we probably wouldn't have had GoldenEye.

GhostDog said:
i think doom should have been on that list

Abso-friggin-lutley. Doom should be on that list. :wtf: I remember Doom 2 was my first FPS and without a CD drive I had to run around trying to find it on 3.5" disk. Which I finally did at Walmart. :D

As for games on that list: You can't beat Final Fantasy VII. :bowdown: The story itself is just too good. The game is still great 9 years running. Only breeding Chocobo's sucks. :crash:

I think the first John Madden Football should be on there. Who would have thought back then that it would become the biggest-sellling sports game and still be going this long? It set the standard for how sports games - not just football - are presented and played.

Doom was a mould-breaker in fact i bought my first IBM Compatible PC for Doom.
It really put the genre of FPS on the map, i know wolfanstien 3d was already out an about but it didnt immerse you into the game like doom did. Ive been an FPS fan ever since.

Ive always thought Sega Virtua Racing was a mould-breaker too probably the first racing game to move away from pixel orientated graphics to polygons, it for me was a real eye opener as was all the original virtua games.

I think virtua fighters should be on the list too. it started all the generation of polygonal fighting games out there.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
No OutRun? No Donkey Kong? No Defender?

tut-tut...

No contest re: first & second (although I agree that Pong should be on the list, for the impact it had on it's arrival),

om3ga said:
No OutRun? No Donkey Kong? No Defender?

tut-tut...

No contest re: first & second (although I agree that Pong should be on the list, for the impact it had on it's arrival),

Outrun, now that was a game. :thumbsup: