• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Americans just don't want small cars

A good part of my family is involved in farming. No huge cooperate farms, but large and small, very successful family farms throughout the inter-mountain west. From large cattle farms in the western Utah desert, sheep herders in Wyoming, grain, hay and potato farms across the river plains of central Idaho, dairy farmers in the mountain valleys of northern Utah and produce farmers along the Arkansas river in Colorado.

So next time you are sitting on your balcony enjoying a fresh autumn breeze enjoying a thick juicy steak, a sour-cream and butter soaked baked-potato, a loaf of steaming bread, a cold beer or a glass of wine with a slice of cheese followed by a fresh slice of cantaloupe smothered in ice-cream, pull your wool sweater tight and be glad you live in a country where the farmers can and do provide your complacent overweight ass with all this luxury and remember: Not one of them could have done their job without a pickup.

Reading comprehension 101. Know when someone is supporting your side of the argument, against it or offering a different perspective.

Ad hominems prove nothing but thanks for going ahead and throwing some in.

Also if you were aware of companies like Monsanto suing the farmers you claim your family is associated with or apart of you'd see my point of view a bit better I think. Monsanto regularly puts farmers out of business and patents genetically engineered seed that Farmers aren't allowed to even clean themselves. Also if this were all about pickups then no not every farmer is going to use a pickup. You don't harvest say corn for instance with a pickup. Farmers have more specialized tools for that. However trucks are largely popular with average folk who raise horses, haul furniture and junk around (ever see a junk man?) or people that like the new high fashion pickups that aren't meant for labor.

So yes I think farmers could do without pickups. Now if you had said tractors? I would say no; they legitimately need those.

Anyways big companies are the top dogs. Local farmers that all support the greater whole by contributing what they can are important. But they aren't the driving force in the industry. The power lies where the money is and that's the suits.

Now if you would so kindly take your needless venom and share it with someone else preferably someplace else.

Then what's the nationality of all these people I see crawling up and down the fwys in those rolling coffins?

Omg, I drive a Beetle. Joke! :)

Our Opel Corsa C does 19,3 km's on one litre of gas on the highway with the cruise control set to 110 km/h :nanner: With the fuel prices being so high in the Netherlands we'd rather drive something a bit smaller in return for great milage.

Our Opel Corsa C does 19,3 km's on one litre of gas on the highway with the cruise control set to 110 km/h :nanner: With the fuel prices being so high in the Netherlands we'd rather drive something a bit smaller in return for great milage.

:hatsoff:

Just make sure you don't collide with anything larger than a speed bump. What good is gas mileage gonna do you if a large mosquito can upone collision reduce your Corsa into a sardine can with you in it?

My car gets 30MPG+ on the freeway/highway. In the city it does not do so well, but it's a classy sports car and I can pick up a female without feeling like a douche. Image is everything.

:hatsoff:

Just make sure you don't collide with anything larger than a speed bump. What good is gas mileage gonna do you if a large mosquito can upone collision reduce your Corsa into a sardine can with you in it?

It has a 5 star NCAP rating wich is the highest a car can get.

It has a 5 star NCAP rating wich is the highest a car can get.

Okay...I just hope they have enough room on you tombstone for that little tidbit.:o

:jk:

I like my SUV. When it snows I can still get around. When it doesn't I'm high up and comfy.

I really think more people should drive econo cars. I'm not sure if the battery cars are good for the environment, but more people should drive cars with high mpg.

While they are saving the world ...which is what I think they should be doing...I will continue to drive my SUV.

I bought my jeep for winter and to have a convertible during the summer months. Even though I'm getting a stunning average 13/mpg, I'd never get rid of it. Looking into a hybrid card, maybe a Honda Civic for the family now.

Thankfully I don't drive my Jeep much and usually take the wife's Liberty out!

You're a guy you should get this. :rolleyes:

You're in your vehicle a lot and that's a big reason people like their cars to be comfortable with room to move around in.

People that do not drive much or at all, do not have a voice on this subject.

Will, I love ya man, but I read this and stopped dead in my tracks....

....I have a question for you, as a driver to another driver....when you are behind the wheel, how much room for movement do you need?

Do you like to change outfits and switch between the passanger seat and driver seat?

I drive a LOT...in a small, new car that gets 37-39 mpg...I stand six feet tall, about 200 pounds...but I am MORE than comfortable in my little car.

And I have never felt like I needed more room to move around in.

I really am curious about this.

Facetious

Moderated
My car gets 30MPG+ on the freeway/highway. In the city it does not do so well, but it's a classy sports car and I can pick up a female without feeling like a douche. Image is everything.

Really, Scott? I always thought that you would have been a more conforming, obedient, participatory and responsible type of world citizen when it comes to matters like this. :dunno:

Remember, Scott, we're all in this together. :throwup: :rolleyes:

:bs:

Camaro and a Cruze. I guess I do my bit with the smaller chevy

Really, Scott? I always thought that you would have been a more conforming, obedient, participatory and responsible type of world citizen when it comes to matters like this. :dunno:

Remember, Scott, we're all in this together. :throwup: :rolleyes:

:bs:

Yeah, I live in the city so everything I need is right there. My car does the trick. I also have an 80CC Aero though that gets 100+MPG but it's a death trap big time. The main street over here 1 in 4 motorists I've heard have no insurance, and it can be a zoo to drive down that thing with all the ghetto trash and drunk drivers. I've had cars blast through a red and almost t-bone me a couple times.

I'm 6ft 7in tall so I can't fit comfortably in most small cars but have sat in the new Ford Fiesta and Focus and wouldn't mind having either but until then I guess i'll be commuting in my 13 mpg raised Jeep Wrangler! lol

You are correct. I traded in my Ford Ranger for a Ford Focus when gas prices exploded near $4/gal in 2007. I hated it with a passion, 2 years later I scaled up to a Hummer H3 because I could not take it anymore.

American's don't like small cars, they are not practical for the suburb life style we have. If I lived in the city I would have kept my Focus becuase it make no sense having a large vehicle in the city.

If I was rich enough I would have my Hummer H3 and a small car, but I am not so I can only choose one.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Yeah, I live in the city so everything I need is right there. My car does the trick. I also have an 80CC Aero though that gets 100+MPG but it's a death trap big time. The main street over here 1 in 4 motorists I've heard have no insurance, and it can be a zoo to drive down that thing with all the ghetto trash and drunk drivers. I've had cars blast through a red and almost t-bone me a couple times.

That's the problem with third-world countries:

People are allowed to drive a vehicle without insurance.

This would not happen in Germany ;)