• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Moon Bombing

iv6789

Closed Account
Anyone worried that NASA wants to bomb to moon? I say who cares. No one lives there, and if they really are testing a new warhead, then awesome. Looks like we could scare the shit out of some terrorists by saying, "Oh yeah, fuck with us again and we'll bomb you from space."

As long as they don't blow the entire moon up, I really don't care.

Objects MUCH larger than what NASA is sending up hit the moon on average 4 times per month without any significant damage. I think the moon will be okay.

jasonk282

Banned
I am sure there is a MUCH better way to spend our tax money.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I don't really understand why we are doing this. A bunch of money to produce a dust cloud so we can study it.

Bomb the moon? I kept hearing a bunch of hearsay about all this.

Do people not realize the ecological importance of the moon anymore? :dunno:

The moon dictates waves and much more! :wtf:

Honestly! Leave space the fuck alone! I don't mind pretty galaxy pictures and shit. But fucking leave the fucking hands of man out of it!

We have no business in space! We can barely take care of ourselves on this fucking planet! How are we going to take care of a fucking galaxy!!!!???

We stick on Earth! That is that!

iv6789

Closed Account
I would imagine the dust cloud would release some of the water/ice they suspect might be hidden under the surface and will somehow be measurable giving new evidence to prove that life could've once existed on the moon.

Or maybe the U.S. just wants to show how big its balls are. Either way is fine with me.

For all of you bitching about the amount we spend on this, realize that NASA's budget is just over one half of a percent of the nation's entire federal budget. Why don't we let the rocket scientists and astrophysicists decide what we need to spend the money on and leave the discussions about hot bitches to us.

NASA will tomorrow launch a spectacular mission to bomb the Moon. Their LCROSS mission will blast off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying a missile that will blast a hole in the lunar surface at twice the speed of a bullet. The missile, a Centaur rocket, will be steered by a "shepherding" spacecraft that will guide it towards its target - a crater close to the Moon's south pole. Scientists expect the blast to be so powerful that a huge plume of debris will be ejected.

It makes me scared for where we will be at on a planetary level! Seriously. :wtf:

Leave the moon alone! That is that! Anyone thinking about bombing the moon in today's times. Well, yeah. Fuck off!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=nasas-mission-to-bomb-the-moon-2009-06

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
You guys realize this is a test to see if there is water vapor will result in the plumage, and not a test of weapons, right? This is something which has actually been done several times before. It is nothing to be afraid of - the collision won't even produce a crater big enough to be seen by the naked eyes.
As for the "why", well, if we do decide to go into space, finding alternate and nearby sources of water would be quite helpful.

Wow, people before you start a thread like this please do some research. The media has been saying NASA is "bombing" the moon when in fact all they are doing is crashing a vessel into the moon to see if there are any signs of water vapor. Why? So we may have a potential future when an asteroid hits or earth is no longer able to support us or just a place to build a colony so we can feast on the delicious Ritz Bits that live up on the moon

Plus blowing up the moon entirely would eventually lead to our death on this planet, we need the moon to survive as it keeps the earth stable

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
They can't "actually" bomb the moon. That would be a gross violation of international law.

Considering there are craters on the moon larger than some of the countries people here live in, I don't think a tiny guided satellite hitting is anything to get worried about. The Moon will be fine. You would need a good quality telescope to even see it.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Personally, I highly doubt anything catastrophic will come from this but I do have to wonder at the financial waste when the economy is as bad as it is. Could the money for this project have been put towards something more productive or that creates more jobs in the here and now??

Personally, I highly doubt anything catastrophic will come from this but I do have to wonder at the financial waste when the economy is as bad as it is. Could the money for this project have been put towards something more productive or that creates more jobs in the here and now??

No.

Plus blowing up the moon entirely would eventually lead to our death on this planet, we need the moon to survive as it keeps the earth stable
You actually believe "blowing up the moon" is a possible scenario? Even all the bombs made ever throughout history wouldn't be enough to create more than a relatively small crater on the surface of the moon, or any major planet or natural satellite for that matter.

You actually believe "blowing up the moon" is a possible scenario? Even all the bombs made ever throughout history wouldn't be enough to create more than a relatively small crater on the surface of the moon, or any major planet or natural satellite for that matter.

Sorry, I should have included in my statement, "even if we could" blow up the moon, it wouldn't be a good idea for life on our planet. My bad, but I do know it would take something completely massive to destroy the moon, well beyond our capabilities.

If we can make a resource of the moon then in the future we can take things from the moon instead of rocketing it from earth which roughly amounts to throwing away the weight in gold for everything you send up.
That's apart from the whole colony thing.