• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Michael Jackson -> 1958-2009

girk1

Closed Account
These are all good points. Some things are debatable. I think the "computer" and digital recording techniques have harmed/changed the world of music more than MJ's dancing prominence. Milli Vanilli pretty much destroyed a lot of music's cred--they couldn't dance worth shit or sing worth shit and because of digital recording they conned the world.:dunno:

In America, the short-sighted attitude of cutting education funding for public school art/music programs will contribute, exponentially, to the decline of the American artist...no matter the media.

Those aren't very good/valid points when it comes to Michael Jackson as some would like to diminish Jackson to some hack who just showed up in a studio & sang( Like Elvis Presley or past crooners & contemporary pop artists of the day who just show up to the studio & sing).

Jackson exclusively wrote ,produced, arranged vocals & instrumentation on 9 of his 12 'adult' number (#1) one hits. Jackson written/produced(and even played drums/percussion/multiple instruments on various tracks) number(#1) ones include:

1)Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
2)Billie Jean
3)Way U Make Me Feel
4)I Just Can't Stop Loving U
5)Beat It
6)Dirty Diana
7)Black or White
8)Bad

And he also co wrote the #1 :(9)'Say, say , Say'.

For someone to suggest that Michael Jackson simply showed up & sang in the studio & dance for his videoes is completely dishonest or ignorant.
The guy was a supreme all around talent who had near complete creative control & this on top of his unequaled performance prowess.

Other hits he wrote/produced (off the top of my head) include 'Working Day & Night', 'Another part Of Me', 'Wanna Be Startin Something',etc...... & countless others . The guy was more than just a performer/singer.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I'd like to get this off my chest regarding the entire media coverage and the memorial service.
Where the fuck were all these "friends" when he was getting prosecuted for child molestation?
Nowhere.
The press, who now portrays him as such a great person were all but crucifying him during that whole ordeal.
Now, because of $$$$$ he is a great man.

It really shows alot about human nature and the biased and falseness of the press..

I'd like to get this off my chest regarding the entire media coverage and the memorial service.
Where the fuck were all these "friends" when he was getting prosecuted for child molestation?
Nowhere.
The press, who now portrays him as such a great person were all but crucifying him during that whole ordeal.

It really shows alot about human nature and the biased and falseness of the press..

I agree. The media are a bunch of hypocrites. They crucified him over the child molestation charges but now hail him as a great person. A lot of information has come out about all of that. Why didn't they try to get to the bottom of all that when it was going on and he was alive for it to make a difference. They had him convicted before the trail started.

Nowhere.

I think you read the wrong newspapers. In my experience he was routinely praised professionally and criticized for his personal life in the press. The obituaries I have read generally reflect this position. Indeed, when this circus dies down this ambivalent state will remain as MJ's legacy.

Huh, & everyone complains that 'oh I have no money, were in a recession, there's no jobs, theres always more month left at the end of the money"

Yet they are shelling out 1,000 dollars for a program?

Right.

Recessions don't mean wealthy people disappear.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I think you read the wrong newspapers. In my experience he was routinely praised professionally and criticized for his personal life in the press. The obituaries I have read generally reflect this position. Indeed, when this circus dies down this ambivalent state will remain as MJ's legacy.

basically I think you just agreed with me.

i grew up with Michael's music, thank You Michael and R.I.P. also regards to his family !