• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Mania!

Do you like metal?

• Yea, metal makes me vomit my cookies and jump out open windows!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Yea, metal rules!

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • I'm just getting into it/I would like to get into it.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • No, I'm not feeling any of it.

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
but what is hardcore? i thought it was emotional/political/passionate punk/metal. and what is emo? certainly not what is billed as emo today, thats all pop punk. "screamo" is closer to what emo was all along and wasn't called screamo until a few years ago. and so many indie bands are called emo. but what is indie? alot of those bands are all on major label's sub-labels. all this labeling has me confused. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: victory was a hardcore label, now an emo label to bands that aren't even emo, just more radio nonsense.

i'll just wear black and listen to whatever is 'cool' while i contemplate slitting my wrists over a girl that doesn't "get" me.
or, i'll listen to whatever is actually good, no matter what 'genre' it supposedly belongs to while i talk to the same girl that doesn't "get" me and hope i have a good dream.

i hope drama queens all choke.

dude, all metal labels are shit. they dont make sense. i am a metaler. i dont believe in metal labels. period. its either good or bad metal.

:rofl: that is metal!

I haven't heard of Savatage. Can you reccomend an album?

The one I've been listening to most recently is;

Savatage-Hall Of The Mountain King

Good listening!
:banger:

dude, all metal labels are shit. they dont make sense. i am a metaler. i dont believe in metal labels. period. its either good or bad metal.

That's a good way to look at it, and probaby the best way to start a metal band. Because a band should consider first who their influences are and who they're going to sound like, and afterwards fit a label to themselves.

The one I've been listening to most recently is;

Savatage-Hall Of The Mountain King

Good listening!

Im listening to them now...they slay!:banger:

Not a metal fan, but you guys should watch VH1 Classic on cable, holy metal! good and bad from the past 20 years...

I've always been a metal fan, and I've had a lot of favorites in different subgenres, that I can't even figure out myself.
Sometimes I'm not even sure what's actually considered metal and what's not.

Anyway, my favorite band is Iced Earth and has been so for quite some time now.

I go with...

Subgenre: Power metal
Band: Blind Guardian
Album: Nightfall in Middle earth

This is probably the masterpiece of the bards. A whole concept album based on the silmarillion.
Anyway, if you really want to go with Blind guardian I suggest to buy every single album starting from the early ones to see how they evolved and how they never repeat themselves.

Some people don't consider Judas Priest metal ?
That's absurd, of course they're metal. Do a little research people.
Do you have to have a singer who blows up his brains with a shotgun and the rest of the band make necklaces with his skull to be considered metal nowadays ? I consider that Gorgoth crap childish, cartoonish and basically it's the kind of people who don't face reality. I say that having listened to all kinds of music and all kinds of metal, so don't think I'm an amateur. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here.
I hate sounding like an adult sometimes.
Judas Priest is metal, that's it. :2 cents:

i thought it was a dumb question too. i didnt get the reaction i wanted from my response to that question though. oh well. any band with a song called "hell bent for leather" is 100% metal. if you dont know then you got another thing comin.