• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mega Millions jackpot hits record $500 million!!!!

The latest estimate, announced around midday Wednesday, is even larger than lottery officials had announced just hours earlier. The initial estimate for Friday's drawing was $476 million, which also would have been a Mega Millions record.

Tuesday's numbers were 9, 19, 34, 44 and 51, with a Mega Ball of 24. That drawing was for an estimated $363 million jackpot, which would have been the game's third-largest.

Forty-seven tickets earned a pre-tax prize of at least $250,000 each by matching five numbers without matching the Mega Ball. Nine California winners will get $308,573 each because of parimutuel rules in that state.

The game's previous biggest jackpot was $390 million in a March 6, 2007, drawing. That jackpot was split by winners in Georgia and New Jersey.

The growing jackpot has drawn plenty of interest from would-be millionaires. On Monday, lottery officials announced that "stronger than expected sales" prompted them to push up Tuesday's jackpot up from an initial estimate of $356 million to $363 million.

"I see so many different faces every day, and it's not just Tuesday and Friday that they come in. It's every day of the week," Latasha Allen, a manager at a Columbus, Georgia, convenience store, told CNN affiliate WTVM-TV this week about the growing number of lottery players in recent days.

Friday's $500 million prize is payable as an annuity over 26 years. If a winner prefers, he or she could choose a one-time, lump-sum payment, which in this case would be $359 million. Both figures are before taxes.

This prize has been building since January 24 when a Georgia woman won a $72 million Mega Millions prize. She chose a $52 million lump-sum cash option.

Last year, the game stopped just short of breaking its record. A $380 million jackpot was split by two winners, one in Idaho and another in Washington, on January 4, 2011.

The biggest single-ticket win in the other nationwide lottery, the Powerball, was in February 2006 when a ticket held by eight workers at a Nebraska food plant paid a $365 million jackpot.

Mega Millions is played in 42 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

A jackpot-winning ticket must match all five numbers drawn from a pot containing 56 balls and then match the Mega Ball, which is drawn from a pot containing 46 numbers. Odds of winning are almost 176 million to 1. Each ticket costs $1.

Jackpots start at $12 million and rise for subsequent drawings when jackpot-winning tickets aren't sold.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/28/mega-millions-jackpot-hits-record-476-million/

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
A winner could get $19.2 million a year for 26 years. :party:

If you won... how much of 500 million would you share with your brother, sister, mom and dad????

What the hell would you do with all of that money???

If you won... how much of 500 million would you share with your brother, sister, mom and dad????

I would give my mom, my dad, my two sisters, and my brother enough money to take care of everything they would ever need for the rest of their lives.
I would also give money to a very good friend of mine who was there for me in my time of need. I was basically a big brother to her two sons, and when I did not have any place to live, she took care of me, let me eat their food, use their shower, etc, all without asking for a single thing in return. She was a true good best friend.
I would also donate a portion of that money to the March Of Dimes. It's a cause I have always done my best to support and I truly believe in the things they are doing for babies.
I perosnally myself would buy a house, because I've been living in apartments ever since I was 8 years old. I would also buy a brand new vehicle, as what I am driving is starting to get old and needs to be replaced. I would love to say I would move back to my true home in SoCal, but having all that money....

The first thing I'd do would be to change my name and a buy a castle and put a moat around it so no one would ever bother me

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

Big house on about 30 to 50 acres. New cars, travel. Help my other family members.

So much to do.

DR. B

Closed Account
I would buy freeones and ban all the lame asses and the ones i hate :p