• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

McLaren's new sports car revealed

Looks very nice, kind of like a mix between a Ferarri 360 Modena and a Saleen S7. The chassis is a work of art on its own, so classy.

biomech

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
That is awesome; the F1 was incredible.
This look's better. :banana: And it's enviromentally friendly.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
thats purdy!

sweet for so many reasons.
carbon fiber crib to keep you safe
low pollution output per horsepower
narrow (not only convenient, makes handling better)
bitching. just so bitching.

That is so freakin' awesome. Just once would I like to drive something like that.

Legzman

That is so freakin' awesome. Just once would I like to drive something like that.

Yea thats all I'd need to do is drive it just once and I could die a happy man. Good thing, since all it would take is one drive and I'd kill myself in that thing!!!:nanner:

Yea thats all I'd need to do is drive it just once and I could die a happy man. Good thing, since all it would take is one drive and I'd kill myself in that thing!!!:nanner:

No doubt about it. They would have to bury me in that car. Because if I didn't wreck it, I wouldn't get out of it. :cool:

Legzman

No doubt about it. They would have to bury me in that car. Because if I didn't wreck it, I wouldn't get out of it. :cool:

They'd have to bury me in it cause they wouldn't be able to get me out...er rather what was left of me! I'd be a mangled mess all twisted up in the burning wreckage, indistinguishable from a mass of ground beef that has fallen to the pile of ash in the bottom of a charcoal grill!

Top speed at 240...I don't give a fuck how safe the damn thing is, you hit anything solid going that fast...its over!

Or I'd just nut all over the thing and be done!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Not much in the style dept., but it doesn't sound like they were going for looks. Kinda looks like what you'd get if an F430 mated with a Lotus Elise. I think Gordon Murray's gone, so I wonder who designed this?

But at £150K, isn't it about the same price as a Ferrari F430 or a Lambo Gallardo in the UK?

Why is the steering wheel on the left side? Isn't McLaren British? Not that I am complaining. It is the proper side. ;)

Rey C.

In that case I think I'm going to hold out until they drop the price by about 149.9K pounds then.

That's not what I mean.

Judging (mainly) by the horsepower comparisons and the type of car we're talking about, the McLaren is (already) going to be well priced vs. the F430 and the Gallardo. Ferrari just carries a heavier cachet for most buyers in that range. I doubt more than 10% of the buyers have the skills to use any of these cars to their true potential. So the Prancing Horse cachet may win the day - but McLaren isn't exactly chopped liver either.

I figure McLaren will do just fine with this car. By the time they launch it, maybe the world economy will be back on track.

Rey C.

Why is the steering wheel on the left side? Isn't McLaren British? Not that I am complaining. It is the proper side. ;)

They'll probably produce versions with the steering wheel on the left or right.

I saw a SLR yesterday.
That's one of the few super cars that I've yet to see on the street.I've seen Ferrari 360s,550s,Lambo Countach,Gallardo,and Murciellago,Aston Martin DB9s,Vanquish/DBSs,but I've never ever seen a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren,nor the F1(obviously not the F1),or a Keonigsegg CCX or Saleen S7
.Now that I think about it,there are quite a few super cars that I haven't seen on the streets.No Paganni Zonda either.(damn,I've played too much Gran Turismo)
They'll probably produce versions with the steering wheel on the left or right.
Or like the F1,the wheel in the center,because that's where it looked like it was to me.