• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

McLaren's new sports car revealed

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I doubt more than 10% of the buyers have the skills to use any of these cars to their true potential.

Really your giving that market 10%? I'd go with more like 1%. No one other than a professional race driver would be able to push any exotic car to its limit! Well....not if they want to survive that is. Hence my previous post! :hatsoff:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
^^^ Yeah, 10% is probably stretching it. Outside of the ultra wealthy F1 (and NASCAR) racers, most pro racers I know are some broke-ass mofos. These cars are often bought by Richie Rich type wannabe racers (Tim Allen, Jason Priestly, insert name of investment banker here ____), or dumbass celebrities like Paris Hilton with her SLR.

I have a lot of respect for Jay Leno's taste in cars, and he's better than average behind the wheel. But I believe it was him that about made a monkey out of himself behind the wheel of a Porsche Carrera GT several years ago.

We'll see what she's made of when The Stig takes her out. ;)

georges

Staff member
You forgot to tell that in the 70's, Mac Laren built a road version of its multiple times winning M8B Can am equipped with a tuned Traco Chevrolet v8.

Shifty

O.G.
That's one of the few super cars that I've yet to see on the street.I've seen Ferrari 360s,550s,Lambo Countach,Gallardo,and Murciellago,Aston Martin DB9s,Vanquish/DBSs,but I've never ever seen a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren,nor the F1(obviously not the F1),or a Keonigsegg CCX or Saleen S7
.Now that I think about it,there are quite a few super cars that I haven't seen on the streets.No Paganni Zonda either.(damn,I've played too much Gran Turismo)

Or like the F1,the wheel in the center,because that's where it looked like it was to me.

I've actually seen two out and about. Last summer, a guy pulled up beside me at a light in a sick looking black SLR. I didn't even know what it was at first. More recently, the other day, a silver SLR pulled into a lot, the doors opened up and two guys hopped out. I looked around and saw that everyone had stopped what they were doing and was just standing there openly gawking.

Facetious

Moderated
Why are aerodynamics an issue if you're going to be runnin' 'round town ?

I'm sorry, it's too finesse for me, I have to have a stick shift !

Touch sensor door openers, huh ? .... just like when visiting the ATM machine ! :1orglaugh

:hatsoff:

Yea thats all I'd need to do is drive it just once and I could die a happy man. Good thing, since all it would take is one drive and I'd kill myself in that thing!!!:nanner:

Well perhaps we can all chip in a few pennies towards the cost of buying one (but we want a quick drive in too!)

I've actually seen two out and about. Last summer, a guy pulled up beside me at a light in a sick looking black SLR. I didn't even know what it was at first. More recently, the other day, a silver SLR pulled into a lot, the doors opened up and two guys hopped out. I looked around and saw that everyone had stopped what they were doing and was just standing there openly gawking.

When about are you from?I just don't think any of those cars sold in my area.I used to see a couple of Ford GT's around too,but I haven't in a couple of years now.